Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

Mine was sent out by Royal Mail Signed For (standard shipping not Express) on a Thursday, arrived at PM on Friday afternoon and I collected it the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭emo72

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    I ran into the can't connect to camera issue last night. Had to restart the phone.. Hopefully its a software bug that's addressed on the next update

Happened to me today too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

I have a small bit of yellow tinge at the bottom of my screen. It's not a big deal but if theres a handy fix I'd appreciate being pointed in the right right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Hi guys, my OPO rings twice and goes to message minder, so tried turning off voice mail but now it just cuts people off after two rings ?
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,786 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

BenThere wrote: »
    I have a small bit of yellow tinge at the bottom of my screen. It's not a big deal but if theres a handy fix I'd appreciate being pointed in the right right direction.

Probably just glue, should dissappear in a few weeks.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

If you've access to a sunbed or other strong UV light, 20 mins should do the trick. Or direct sunlight though we're unlikely to get much more of that now, but not through a car's windscreen as they block UV rays. Otherwise after a few weeks screen usage it should die down.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

FaganJr wrote: »
    Hi guys, my OPO rings twice and goes to message minder, so tried turning off voice mail but now it just cuts people off after two rings ?
    Any ideas?

That's normally down to your provider's voicemail settings, I don't think there's any settings on the phone itself for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

It could also be the backlight, the OPO is lit from the bottom of the screen. It'll lessen with continuous use/you'll stop noticing it after a while.

Thanks for all the feedback ref the yellow tinge. I think I'll just let it work itself out.

Any ideas?

This is from back in the day (i.e. early naughties) but you can use the dark art of hash tag codes to instruct your network how long you want your phone to ring before it goes to voicemail (if you have it activated) or terminates if you don't have voicemail activated.

RINGS UNTIL ANSWERED BY YOUR VOICEMAIL

If your mobile's voicemail number is, for example:
    +353-875-1319873

....and you want your phone to divert to your voicemail after say 20 seconds, then type the following into your phone app EXACTLY as it's typed below:

**61*+3538751319873**20#

The time can be up to 30secs (network default) so change the final "**20#" to "**30#" if you want 30 seconds or "**15#" if you want voicemail to be activated after 15 minutes.

It's important to understand that your voicemail number is your existing mobile number with the number 5 added after the network prefix i.e. if your mobile number is 086 3456789 your voicemail number is 0865 3456789 and the similarly 085 3456789 becomes 0855 3456789 and so on. (You drop the "0" before the 87 or 86 network prefix when using hash tag codes)

I haven't used hash codes for a few years but it's worth a try if nothing else works.

See http://www.cellular.co.za/gsm_hash_code.htm for a comprehensive list of hash codes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭FaganJr

I haven't used hash codes for a few years but it's worth a try if nothing else works.

See http://www.cellular.co.za/gsm_hash_code.htm for a comprehensive list of hash codes.

That done the trick, thanks very much!

That done the trick, thanks very much!

Sometimes the old tricks are the best tricks ;)

Anyone recommend an app which would auto silence the phone (ring tones, notifications etc) if the phone is placed face down? I'd like to use something like this for meetings in conjunction with Flash Blink https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.faiyyaz.flashblink so all you have to do is place your phone face down during a meeting/presentation and it automatically goes silent but the flash blinks once (or whatever you set it to) if there is an incoming call.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,910 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone recommend an app which would auto silence the phone (ring tones, notifications etc) if the phone is placed face down? I'd like to use something like this for meetings in conjunction with Flash Blink https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.faiyyaz.flashblink so all you have to do is place your phone face down during a meeting/presentation and it automatically goes silent but the flash blinks once (or whatever you set it to) if there is an incoming call.

Try gravity screen. I think that has a setting to silence the phone when facedown.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

can anyone reccomend a decent in car mount/holder for one of these for gps use?

jodaw wrote: »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007FH716W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 or http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JRGOKQ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 depending on your dashboard/car etc.

I have the first one and the OPO fits perfectly in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

jodaw wrote: »

I have one of these, searched for years for a decent mount, don't like anything with suction cups and vent mounts are awful. Advantage of this one is you can use the large metal plate between phone and case without sticking and it sticks perfectly, so you can change case or phone and keep using the system.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scosche-Magnetic-Flush-Mount-Smartphone/dp/B00HZYM2XM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1411251033&sr=1-3&keywords=scosche

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Phone is parked at DHL at Brisbane airport 10 mins away from my house ready for delivery. Hoping it arrives at my workplace before 11.30am tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I know it was asked already but it was at the start of the thread where the OPO was still new, has anyone seen any decent cheap cases on Aliexpress or anywhere else lately? Id like one of the soft leather ones that can be used as a stand like some tablet cases but Ill go for anything as long as its good. Looked on Ebay but it was all horrible tat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I have a Diztronic case coming either tomorrow or Tuesday that I'll give my thoughts on, judging by the Amazon feedback on both the US and UK sites it seems the best one out so far as is only about €11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭KilOit

twam2008 wrote: »
    I have one of these, searched for years for a decent mount, don't like anything with suction cups and vent mounts are awful. Advantage of this one is you can use the large metal plate between phone and case without sticking and it sticks perfectly, so you can change case or phone and keep using the system.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scosche-Magnetic-Flush-Mount-Smartphone/dp/B00HZYM2XM/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1411251033&sr=1-3&keywords=scosche

This looks great! i also dislike suction cups and i find the windscreen is too far away anyway.
    Question though, does this not have a negative effect on the phone? electrics and magnets an all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone used the aluminium bumpers for the OPO? Like the fact that they don't add any bulk but they could be flimsy enough..

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

KilOit wrote: »
    This looks great! i also dislike suction cups and i find the windscreen is too far away anyway.
    Question though, does this not have a negative effect on the phone? electrics and magnets an all

I don't think so, I have never noticed any difference over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Duff wrote: »
    Anyone used the aluminium bumpers for the OPO? Like the fact that they don't add any bulk but they could be flimsy enough..
    Probably have one floating around here somewhere, its crap though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Thargor wrote: »
    I know it was asked already but it was at the start of the thread where the OPO was still new, has anyone seen any decent cheap cases on Aliexpress or anywhere else lately? Id like one of the soft leather ones that can be used as a stand like some tablet cases but Ill go for anything as long as its good. Looked on Ebay but it was all horrible tat.
    Dunno where I got mine from, ill look through my old emails. I can stick up a pic of the one I got, its ok. just with the size of the phone I didnt like the flippy part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Lads looking at getting a Tudia case off Amazon UK but the sellers don't post here and my PM is a half hours drive :( I tried the old add the Belfast BT11AA and it still won't work unless I change country to UK.

Has anyone ever managed to get something delivered here using a postcode and UK as the country?

Like it would need to be:

The Governor
    Co. Clare
    BT1 1AA
    United Kingdom

Seems a bit chancy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

daytob wrote: »
    Probably have one floating around here somewhere, its crap though

In what way? Fancy selling it? :pac:

Lads looking at getting a Tudia case off Amazon UK but the sellers don't post here and my PM is a half hours drive :( I tried the old add the Belfast BT11AA and it still won't work unless I change country to UK.

Has anyone ever managed to get something delivered here using a postcode and UK as the country?

Like it would need to be:

The Governor
    Co. Clare
    BT1 1AA
    United Kingdom

Seems a bit chancy

I got a TUDIA bumper on Amazon just last week.....look for one that is sold by Amazon themselves ...like ones with "Prime" written underneath.

I ordered two small value items on eBay about three weeks ago using BT1 1AA and they never turned up. First time that ever happened to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

I got a TUDIA bumper on Amazon just last week.....look for one that is sold by Amazon themselves ...like ones with "Prime" written underneath.

I ordered two small value items on eBay about three weeks ago using BT1 1AA and they never turned up. First time that ever happened to me.

Not the one I want unfortunately, this what I'm after http://www.amazon.co.uk/TUDIA-Bumper-Protective-OnePlus-Smartphone/dp/B00LWSRVN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411318608&sr=8-1&keywords=oneplus+one+tudia

The only prime one is http://www.amazon.co.uk/TUDIA-Melody-Protective-OnePlus-Smartphone/dp/B00MIGBK2Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1411319101&sr=8-3&keywords=oneplus+one+tudia

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure that one was in stock only a few days ago. If it were me I'd wait and keep checking.

Oh hang on...I remember.... it was being sold by the same seller AplarsUSA but it was "Fulfilled by Amazon" then....seems to come and go.

Advertisement