Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Duff wrote: »
    In what way? Fancy selling it? :pac:

yeah ill pic it and pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Actually scratch that Ill get this one instead, hopefully those windows have a bit of clear plastic over them instead of just holes otherwise it'll be a bit pointless, Ill chance it though:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/With-Screen-Protector-Flip-Leather-Case-Cover-For-Oneplus-One-Phone-Case-With-The-Window-Free/1925374160.html#magnet-ads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Thargor wrote: »
    Actually scratch that Ill get this one instead, hopefully those windows have a bit of clear plastic over them instead of just holes otherwise it'll be a bit pointless, Ill chance it though:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/With-Screen-Protector-Flip-Leather-Case-Cover-For-Oneplus-One-Phone-Case-With-The-Window-Free/1925374160.html#magnet-ads

They don't have plastic on them, my mate has one. I prefer the first one you linked..

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

• Advertisement

They don't have plastic on them, my mate has one. I prefer the first one you linked..
    Okay good to know thanks for that, was just about to order aswell, pity, first one it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jodaw wrote: »

Did you use mailbox.de ? I'll be ordering mine tomorrow and was considering ordering from the German site.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I'm using one very similar and it does have plastic on the top part but not on the bottom part obviously as that's where you're supposed to swipe to answer a call, however on CM the swipe to answer is actually much lower down the screen so you still have to open the bloody thing to swipe. What they might be showing there is the swipe to answer for Color OS. This is the one I have and I'm pretty sure the first one linked there is exactly the same with plastic window on top and open on the bottom, however to be totally honest as the bottom one doesn't line up with the swipe to answer and I don't really see the point of the top one, you may as well just get the fully closed one. I got it in blue, it does look nice though:

http://www.oppomart.com/oneplus-one-phone/new-style-chyi-smart-phone-case-for-oneplus-one.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Im sorry to ask lads I have searched for the link but can anyone give me the link for the german store as Ive read here that it is much cheaper than the UK equivilant. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Im sorry to ask lads I have searched for the link but can anyone give me the link for the german store as Ive read here that it is much cheaper than the UK equivilant. Thanks

http://oneplus.net/de

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Lucas Hood wrote: »

derv, ok its cos I dont have an invite yet I wasnt able to go any further then. Thought id be able to get to the shop part at least.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

First post on boards with my new OPO. Loving it so far!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

irishmover wrote: »
    First post on boards with my new OPO. Loving it so far!!!

you need to do a review of it. its the rules. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

daytob wrote: »
    you need to do a review of it. its the rules. ;)

Give me until the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did you use mailbox.de ? I'll be ordering mine tomorrow and was considering ordering from the German site.

Yes used mailboxde. Painless enough and hopefully no problems down the line.

Will update once i get the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sounds good. What's the expected delivery time ?

Grabbed this case for €6, coming from Germany so hopefully will arrive soon after the phone, it'll do until I see something better:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLIP-COVER-F-ONEPLUS-ONE-BLACK-CASE-SLIM-BACK-SHELL-HARD-MOBILE-PHONE-/281376868808?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item41835e49c8

By the way, how long were people waiting after their order changed from "Awaiting Shipment" to "Processing" like mine did overnight? Ordered on Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Grabbed this case for €6, coming from Germany so hopefully will arrive soon after the phone, it'll do until I see something better:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLIP-COVER-F-ONEPLUS-ONE-BLACK-CASE-SLIM-BACK-SHELL-HARD-MOBILE-PHONE-/281376868808?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item41835e49c8

By the way, how long were people waiting after their order changed from "Awaiting Shipment" to "Processing" like mine did overnight? Ordered on Friday evening.

I have that case, it's not the best, cracks or chips on three of the four corners of the case and one corner of the front cover is starting to peel away. I can see myself having to get a new cover soon.

Saying that it was really cheap and delivery was really fast, but don't expect it too last too long.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

NEED HELP!!!!

Got my oneplus one today, messed around with it at work then decided to root it once I got home, I used the video in post #6 on this thread, followed the instructions to the letter, but now I'm stuck with the Fastboot Mode screen for the last hour.
    I got to the apart of launching "rayglobe one" and the TWRP screen came up, I think it said device not recognised and the screen quickly changed to the blue flash screen saying TWRP FLASHED BY etc etc.

So my phone is sitting here plugged into the computer with the FASTBOOT MODE screen with the CYMod logo. Dont really want to do anything now without some advice. Thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Senna, I think that method only works on the version the phone was shipped with, 25R. I believe you need a different method if you updated it. But still it shouldn't do any damage, it's pretty difficult to brick these. If that was me I'd just unplug it from the PC and restart the phone normally and hope for the best :)

• Advertisement

In fact I'm pretty sure that happened to me too, it didn't recognise the phone the first time cause I didn't have the right drivers installed on xp. Had to manually install those first.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Senna wrote: »
    NEED HELP!!!!

Got my oneplus one today, messed around with it at work then decided to root it once I got home, I used the video in post #6 on this thread, followed the instructions to the letter, but now I'm stuck with the Fastboot Mode screen for the last hour.
    I got to the apart of launching "rayglobe one" and the TWRP screen came up, I think it said device not recognised and the screen quickly changed to the blue flash screen saying TWRP FLASHED BY etc etc.

So my phone is sitting here plugged into the computer with the FASTBOOT MODE screen with the CYMod logo. Dont really want to do anything now without some advice. Thanks
    Did you use the Oneplus Toolkit to flash TWRP recovery onto it? If it is the XDA video that I followed I only realized after suffering the same frustrations it's fairly obsolete and missing some crucial points:
    • Phone must be in USB Debugging mode (developer options>tick USB Debugging)
    • ADB Drivers need to be installed, can get the generic ones here
    • TWRP will give the option after flashing to root and install SuperSU
    To exit Fastboot mode hold power button for a few seconds and the phone will turn off, then turn back on and it should boot cyanogen. I had huge problems getting the pc to recognize the phone.
    I used the "adb devices" command to see when the pc detected the device in Fastboot mode before installing recovery. Simply open a command prompt Window as admin, cd to the directory your adb.exe is present in and type "adb devices" without quotes. For me that was:
    C:\Users\Nick\Desktop\OneToolkit\OPO. I extracted the toolkit on my desktop.
    Once you see a serial number appear here in the console Window while in fastboot mode, you can flash the recovery using the toolkit

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Thanks for all your help, I did just turn it off and back on again but there was still a fear I would balls it up, but thankfully alls good.
    Might attempt a root again, but enough heart failure for one evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Try this video, it comes with a tutorial, I highly recommend that you familiarize yourself with all the steps and that you watch the video 2 times, once done you will need less than 10 minutes, it's quite straightforward :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPv2DYnH3S8

http://highonandroid.com/android-smartphones/how-to-root-oneplus-one/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Simi wrote: »
    I bought one of these after a few people recommending it. It charges almost as quickly as the supplier charger and works great with tablets etc.

Bought this charger and its excellent.

Senna wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help, I did just turn it off and back on again but there was still a fear I would balls it up, but thankfully alls good.
    Might attempt a root again, but enough heart failure for one evening.

Well that was my point, it was obvious you were in a bit of a panic, so just turn the thing off and back on again and satisfy yourself that everything is still ok and worry about rooting another time! It depends what version you have as to how you go about rooting it, but it definitely sounds like you need those drivers as your phone was not recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

How much did it cost for delivery in the end? Did you pick the cheapest option? Did you have it delivered directly to your address in Ireland or send it through NI parcel motel perhaps?

yabadabado wrote: »
    Bought this charger and its excellent.
    Excellent thanks, exactly what I wanted, was going to take the €4 hit for Parcel Motel as I want a good travel charger but then I noticed they ship to Ireland for €1.90, great deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Excellent thanks, exactly what I wanted, was going to take the €4 hit for Parcel Motel as I want a good travel charger but then I noticed they ship to Ireland for €1.90, great deal...

I bought three of them and had them delivered to PM for free.

It charges the OPO and any thing else I've tried really fast. Great buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Took a punt on that charger , going to the US next month so that will come in handy.

Advertisement