Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

alwald wrote: »
    I am unsure if I have to post this question here or not, I am planning to switch operator and keep using a pay as you go service, I will buy a bundle for 7.5GB of internet, I have free wifi at home and at work but elsewhere I will need to use the 3G. If my wireless and 3G are on at the same time (when I am at home or at work) will the oneplus one pick up the wireless first or the 3G or there is no exact rule and it's up to me to switch from wifi to 3G via the settings? thanks.

Once its connected to your wifi, it will use the wireless first :)

Lads I have a quick question for ye. Hows the display in general use? Is it nice and crisp? I had a Find 7 and it has a 530ppi and the One only seems to have a ppi of 401...

Given the Find 7 has a QHD display which a human eye wouldn't really detect I'm hoping to the eye the One's display wouldn't seem anything different to look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

when i compared both there was very little i could see * no glasses needed here and perfect vision * different. ran shuan the sheep from gv and saw no difference. zoomed in and nowt. pictures were stunning on both.
    I think i read somewhere that you might have to be a right anal fk to notice there is a difference. I could just have made that up though :cool:

The display on the 1+1 is amazing. full brightness outside with the sun out and its like looking at other phones indoors. everything is crystal clear

daytob wrote: »
    when i compared both there was very little i could see * no glasses needed here and perfect vision * different. ran shuan the sheep from gv and saw no difference. zoomed in and nowt. pictures were stunning on both.
    I think i read somewhere that you might have to be a right anal fk to notice there is a difference. I could just have made that up though :cool:

The display on the 1+1 is amazing. full brightness outside with the sun out and its like looking at other phones indoors. everything is crystal clear

Ah thats great, I was hoping the human eye wouldn't be able to detect a difference alright. The only thing I'd miss from the Find 7 is the fast charging, but with the QHD display it drained too fast so it kinda nerfed the good of it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Lads I have a quick question for ye.

And I have a quick question for you my friend. How the hell do you get four stars after only 700 posts? Are you Mahatma Ghandi in disguise? :confused:

• Advertisement

BenThere wrote: »
    And I have a quick question for you my friend. How the hell do you get four stars after only 700 posts? Are you Mahatma Ghandi in disguise? :confused:

Haha. No its when you subscribe.

You get four stars for just subscribing? I thought the stars changed from blue to red if you were a subscriber but you still had to earn them somehow. Actually, now that I think of it I've no idea how you go from 2 stars to three stars and so on. What's it supposed to signify? That you are a good boy with no infractions/bans or does it reflect how many "thank you's" you've received from other users?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Whats do you get outta subscribing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

I have only 1 star lol
    quick question too, apps like facebook or eurosport have full control over vibration and sound when a notification appears on screen, I went to settings ==> apps to check and realised that there is no option to cancel the vibration, tried settings ==> sound ==> vibrate when notification and it's not checked, i am unsure how to resolve this issue, any help is more than appreciated :)

You get four stars for just subscribing? I thought the stars changed from blue to red if you were a subscriber but you still had to earn them somehow. Actually, now that I think of it I've no idea how you go from 2 stars to three stars and so on. What's it supposed to signify? That you are a good boy with no infractions/bans or does it reflect how many "thank you's" you've received from other users?

I have no idea tbh, prob best to ask at the helpdeak.
    yabadabado wrote: »
    Whats do you get outta subscribing ?

Custom avatar, name change, there's a few more bits but I forget :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

alwald wrote: »
    I have only 1 star lol
    quick question too, apps like facebook or eurosport have full control over vibration and sound when a notification appears on screen, I went to settings ==> apps to check and realised that there is no option to cancel the vibration, tried settings ==> sound ==> vibrate when notification and it's not checked, i am unsure how to resolve this issue, any help is more than appreciated :)

Is it in the settings for the app itself?
    Menu>app settings>vibrate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭horse7

How do I get a opo invite to buy from oneplusone.net?

Senna wrote: »
    Is it in the settings for the app itself?
    Menu>app settings>vibrate

That's it, this feature doesn't exist in IOS, I have a lot to learn :).
    Thanks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

I found that turning off Bluetooth and rebooting increased my speed on the 2.4Ghz band from less than 2Mbps to over 50Mbps
    Huh, you're exactly right. I'm not getting the crazy speed drops the rest of you are experiencing, but I tried a file transfer from the usb hard drive connected to Asus N66U router, to my phone.

I get ~4MBps on 2.4ghz
    ~2.5MBps on 2.4ghz with Bluetooth switched on.
    ~4.5MBps on 5ghz.

This would be a typical usage scenario, several walls between me & the router. 2.5MBps is still 20Mbps so my speed drops aren't on the same scale as what some of you are experiencing. Speedtest has been throwing up dodgy results for a while now on my devices so I'll do a download test later.

horse7 wrote: »
    How do I get a opo invite to buy from oneplusone.net?

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91323486

Lads,

When I pull down the notification drawer there are options (left to right) for toggling WiFi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Torch and then there's a circular icon which I've no idea about. I thought it was a screen rotation toggle but having turned it on and off it doesn't seem to affect screen rotation at all. Can someone clarify?

Also, whats "Expanded Desktop" in Settings -> Display & Lights about? I ticked the box but can't see any difference whatsoever. I'm using the hardware buttons below the screen rather than the on screen buttons if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I think that circular button is for toggling the push data on and off
    Lads,

When I pull down the notification drawer there are options (left to right) for toggling WiFi, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Torch and then there's a circular icon which I've no idea about. I thought it was a screen rotation toggle but having turned it on and off it doesn't seem to affect screen rotation at all. Can someone clarify?

Also, whats "Expanded Desktop" in Settings -> Display & Lights about? I ticked the box but can't see any difference whatsoever. I'm using the hardware buttons below the screen rather than the on screen buttons if that makes any difference.

I think that circular button is for toggling the push data on and off

It's actually a toggle for Auto Sync'ing your various email and IM accounts etc. You can toggle the whole lot on or off or select accounts you want toggles on/off.

BTW, I installed the Snapdragons BatteryGuru app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xiam.snapdragon.app. It analyses your useage over a number of days and susses out when you are unlikely to need background services etc so shuts them down or puts them into an "on demand" only status i.e. they only sync when you open them which suits me fine for apps like Twitter etc.

It looks very clever and could be a nice way to extend the battery without any noticeable loss of functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,781 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Lads,

The expanded desktop just hides those on screen buttons if in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Should have my phone before close of business Monday here in Brisbane. Getting excited now!

DHL are fast!

• Advertisement

here is a great video that covers most of the features on the oneplus one, you can skip all the unboxing and so on by starting from the 6th minute or so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGUtBv2kbKE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Anyone having the multi-touch issues? I've been having them the last few days and it's really annoying. OnePlus have acknowledged it and hopefully they sort it out soon.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/08/oneplus-officially-acknowledges-multi-touch-issues-oneplus-one-fix-incoming.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Boxfresh wrote: »
    Anyone having the multi-touch issues? I've been having them the last few days and it's really annoying. OnePlus have acknowledged it and hopefully they sort it out soon.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014/08/oneplus-officially-acknowledges-multi-touch-issues-oneplus-one-fix-incoming.html

Yeah, nine times out of ten when I pinch to zoom the screen goes nuts. Hopefully the fix is out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Duff wrote: »
    Yeah, nine times out of ten when I pinch to zoom the screen goes nuts. Hopefully the fix is out soon.

Rebooting it seems to fix it for a while but hopefully they sort it out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do many of you have the yellow blobs issue down the bottom of the screen?

I think I might be the only person who uses the things but I don't suppose anyone knows a compatible dock please?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I ran into the can't connect to camera issue last night. Had to restart the phone.. Hopefully its a software bug that's addressed on the next update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I just ordered the phone, via Parcel Motel, what's my ETA?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I just ordered the phone, via Parcel Motel, what's my ETA?
    Probably should have it by Friday at the latest. Wednesday or Thursday more likely I'd say though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

woo

Advertisement