Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options
1170171172173174176»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Dropped my one plus one last night and the touch screen no longer works. Wondering if there is anywhere in Dublin CC that would have the part to fix it? And what it might cost
    It might just have knocked the connection loose, pop it open yourself and have a look, they're very easy to get into. The connector for the screen and the motherboard will be very obvious, use a YouTube teardown video.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

moggser wrote: »
    The original one plus one? Maybe one of the Chinese fellows might sort it also you can send it too them and they can fix it afaik... Or I've a one plus one you can have for 80 quid very well looked after you can either swap the screen or use it up too u

If youre in dublin and can do it for 70 youve got a deal. Send me a PM.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Long story short,sister dropped her one plus 3,cracked the screen and screen protector,still fairly usuable though.
    Repair in most shops is 150 to 190 euro,not sure what repair is from official site but I think it takes 6 weeks.

Now I guess the question is with the phone being a little over 2 years old,would ya say it's worth the repair or just write it off and get a new phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Long story short,sister dropped her one plus 3,cracked the screen and screen protector,still fairly usuable though.
    Repair in most shops is 150 to 190 euro,not sure what repair is from official site but I think it takes 6 weeks.

Now I guess the question is with the phone being a little over 2 years old,would ya say it's worth the repair or just write it off and get a new phone?

Sorry I cannot answer but this is the OnePlus One thread while that phone is the OnePlus 3 which also has it's own threads.

OnePlus 3 thread

One Plus 3 Owners thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Finally turning off my One plus One after five years.
    :(:(
    Was a great phone and is still working and on android 9

Got it through the original release and a code from boards when it came out.
    Probably would have given up on it sooner had Lineage OS support not been so good.
    If my next phone lasts half as long it will be doing well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Damn has it only been 5 years. I also got a OnePlus One about 3 months after launch and have had a few OnePlus phones since then. I think I have a problem with buying new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Damn has it only been 5 years. I also got a OnePlus One about 3 months after launch and have had a few OnePlus phones since then. I think I have a problem with buying new stuff.

I promised myself several times I would replace this phone but it just kept working and updating so I delayed and delayed and delayed and delayed.

Five years later its time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Gave up on mine and moved to Mi Max 3 earlier this year, got it at launch aswell, spent the day on Boards and Facebook begging for codes and some guy in the US gave me one. Id still be using it if any of the replacement batteries from Ebay were any good but they're all fake sh1te. Its still my backup phone and still in service, currently winning drinks and sandwiches every other day on Circle K spin and Win, plus the odd free Subway roll. Best phone I ever had, think the one before that was one of the Xperia Playstation phones with the slideout controller, thats how long it lasted...

Advertisement