Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,920 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hmmm, my first snag, set up everything perfectly, rooted it fine etc, set up wi-fi, logged into Google and Cyanogenmod accounts fine, downloaded all my contacts etc. Received a load of texts that I missed while my sim was out of action, replied to a couple fine, received by recipient etc, signal icon up in the corner says 4G, all the Three Ireland APNs look okay, I just cant make a phonecall, it just says out of range every time, anyone else had this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did anyone buy one of the official flip cases from one plus one ?

Yup, I bought the black one and I'm really glad that I did

Very nice classy looking case. Not sure on the protection as I've not dropped it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

How are you getting your PM deliveries at this time? The driver passes your house? Lucky bar steward.

my PM is the nearest to the Nightline depot in Finglas, I always get texts at half eleven at night telling me the package is there.

Heading out in a couple of hours to collect it.

I'm working from home today so I can get it! So I've to log in to my computer and send some emails.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Yup, I bought the black one and I'm really glad that I did

Very nice classy looking case. Not sure on the protection as I've not dropped it :pac:

Cool thanks. I emailed one plus last night to see if I could add a case to my order now and have it all shipped at once. They got back to me this morning and it's a no go. They said they can't add additional items to an order afterwards.
    I wouldn't mind but mine is still processing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Got the text last night from Parcel Motel, going to walk down and collect it in a few minutes looking forward to getting it up and running.

• Advertisement

:o

how do I get the "sim drawer" open?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

There should be a little pin to open it in the box.

Like this
    OnePlus-One-Unboxing-17-1024x576.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

You got the pin in the red plastic sleeve in your packaging??

You just need a longer version of the iphone pin. The back end of a needle will do. It's the hole located directly above the volume buttons incase you hadnt found it.

I have mine all set up now, its blindingly fast especially with 4G in apps like Maps etc.

It just occurs to me though that Im just recreating the same old Android with Apex Launcher and 3D clock widget Ive been using for years, its time to move on. How do you get those amazing looking phones you see some people using? the kind where the clock looks like its part of the wallpaper and all that, is there an app that will do it for you?

The kind you see in threads like this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2731465

cheers lads, got the Sim into the phone, grand. Never had an iPhone or anything other than a S3, so this was new to me.

Would I need a new SIM to get 4g on 3?

• Advertisement

Nope, mine worked fine and it was a 3 year old fat sim I cut down to micro size myself.

wait, does "LTE" mean it's on 4G?

wait, does "LTE" mean it's on 4G?

Yep.

Thargor wrote: »
    I have mine all set up now, its blindingly fast especially with 4G in apps like Maps etc.

It just occurs to me though that Im just recreating the same old Android with Apex Launcher and 3D clock widget Ive been using for years, its time to move on. How do you get those amazing looking phones you see some people using? the kind where the clock looks like its part of the wallpaper and all that, is there an app that will do it for you?

The kind you see in threads like this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2731465

All customizable themes. I'm using a Flux theme with Click UI icons for now quite like it.

Have a read of here you might get some ideas.

it's amazing lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

It's so sweet :D just getting it all setup at the moment.

It really is a very impressive phone. The little things like gestures, double tapping the screen when locked to unlock is extremely handy.

Ive been downloading a couple of dozen apps, arranging libraries, downloading all my images from Dropbox etxand messing with it since about 7am and the battery is only at 85%!

Thargor wrote: »
    Ive been downloading a couple of dozen apps, arranging libraries, downloading all my images from Dropbox etxand messing with it since about 7am and the battery is only at 85%!

Yup I got home from work and my battery was on 80% without a charge since this morning and fairly moderate use as I get work calls. IPhone would have been dead by 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Can't wait to get this now. Ordered yesterday evening and status now is processing.

Just wondering on the screen real estate, I'm a junkie for high res. I'm using slimrom on an s3 with google now launcher and I get 30 apps per screen, how many is possible with oneplus one?

• Advertisement

Ill never be able to go back to a phone that doesn't wake when you double tap it by the way...

I love the draw a circle to get to camera gesture.

What other cool things does this do.

Should I get any cool apps?

I love the draw a circle to get to camera gesture.

What other cool things does this do.

Should I get any cool apps?
    Draw a v for the torch to come on.

Handy in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I have therinky theme installed I like that
    deffo get the amazon app * wont find it on google play
    every day they have a free app of the day, some of them are quite good

Not these days, junk every day, stopped bothering to check the app ages ago, now I just get a notification emailed to me, havent seen anything I wanted in weeks...

http://dailyappreminder.com/

I have a minor problem but I read a lot of books on the phone so this annoys me...

When you turn a page in a reader app like Kindle or Aldiko the lights behind the 3 capacitive buttons down the bottom come on, my last phone didnt do this, is there anything I can do to tell them to stay off just when Im reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Ordered Friday night and delivered to parcel motel this morning.

Very impressed so far, a nice jump up from my cyanogen modded S3 :)

PaulKK wrote: »
    Ordered Friday night and delivered to parcel motel this morning.

Very impressed so far, a nice jump up from my cyanogen modded S3 :)

I've made the same jump.

Going to order a case for this now, which one do people recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Has anyone bought a tempered glass screen protector that they would recommend ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I have the glass of the titans i got from aliexpress its amazing. got 2 of them and took one off and put a sp on mine. then put another glass of the titans on top of that. coupled with the case i can drop my phone from about shoulder height onto stone or concrete and know it is safe.

Advertisement