Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Folks,when ordering the charger just put a Belfast address on the end of your order from amazon and it will be delivered to you.It will take a few days extra but will get around the issue of stuff not being delivered to Ireland/free postage.No need to use parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Thargor wrote: »
    Grabbed this case for €6, coming from Germany so hopefully will arrive soon after the phone, it'll do until I see something better:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FLIP-COVER-F-ONEPLUS-ONE-BLACK-CASE-SLIM-BACK-SHELL-HARD-MOBILE-PHONE-/281376868808?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item41835e49c8

By the way, how long were people waiting after their order changed from "Awaiting Shipment" to "Processing" like mine did overnight? Ordered on Friday evening.

Just on this I was like yourself, ordered it Saturday night and was processing and I received an email at 5:30am today saying that it had shipped.

Excellent thanks, exactly what I wanted, was going to take the €4 hit for Parcel Motel as I want a good travel charger but then I noticed they ship to Ireland for €1.90, great deal...

How did you get it delivered to Ireland, just tried it there and said it doesn't ship?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How did you get it delivered to Ireland, just tried it there and said it doesn't ship?

You need the UK flag to show on the bottom right hand corner of the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

yabadabado wrote: »
    Folks,when ordering the charger just put a Belfast address on the end of your order from amazon and it will be delivered to you.It will take a few days extra but will get around the issue of stuff not being delivered to Ireland/free postage.No need to use parcel motel.
    I would only do this if the item is very low value. My experience with trying this is very hit and miss. Sometimes it simply never arrives, other times it was shipped back to the supplier who then had to charge both the proper postage and a re-handling fee and IIRC I once had to pay An Post additional postage on arrival as the postage on the package didn't cover delivery to Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

emmetkenny wrote: »
    You need the UK flag to show on the bottom right hand corner of the screen
    He's talking about this charger, not the phone...
    Just tried again there and it gave me the "There is a problem with your order..." message you get when they dont ship to Ireland, they must have changed it in the last hour, sorry. Use Parcel Motel or try the trick where you put BT11AA in as your post code and leave the rest of your details as your Irish address, not sure if that works with sellers other than Amazon itself though...

Just on this I was like yourself, ordered it Saturday night and was processing and I received an email at 5:30am today saying that it had shipped.
    Dont get your hopes up over a shipment notice though, I often get shipping notices within anhour of ordering something on Ebay then wait weeks for it to actually arrive, especially with tat like cheap phone cases. The German address might make a difference but thats easily spoofed.

Update on this, just checked the tracking order and it's been received by Parcel Motel how long does it normally take to arrive? I'm based out of Dublin.
    He's talking about this charger, not the phone...

Just tried again there and it gave me the "There is a problem with your order..." message you get when they dont ship to Ireland, they must have changed it in the last hour, sorry. Use Parcel Motel or try the trick where you put BT11AA in as your post code and leave the rest of your details as your Irish address, not sure if that works with sellers other than Amazon itself though...

Cool cheers for the heads up, heading to UK for work next week will just get it delivered to a friend and collect it off him so. Edit - just seen your post above check out my response above.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

BenEadir wrote: »
    I would only do this if the item is very low value. My experience with trying this is very hit and miss. Sometimes it simply never arrives, other times it was shipped back to the supplier who then had to charge both the proper postage and a re-handling fee and IIRC I once had to pay An Post additional postage on arrival as the postage on the package didn't cover delivery to Dublin.

I agree with you there, I wouldn't risk it on a expensive item but for a 3 quid charger its worth the risk.

Update on this, just checked the tracking order and it's been received by Parcel Motel how long does it normally take to arrive? I'm based out of Dublin.
    Mine was recieved by Parcel Motel at 10am this morning aswell so also interested in an answer to this, did anyone get the phone the same day it was received by PM?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I sometimes do, but thats cos the driver loads up my local pm on the way home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Has anyone been using this phone on emobile's 4G network? In theory it should work as meteor/emobile use band 3 but it would be interesting to get a real life report.

I'm on a 3G contract with them and might check to see if they'll switch me over.

polaris68 wrote: »
    Has anyone been using this phone on emobile's 4G network? In theory it should work as meteor/emobile use band 3 but it would be interesting to get a real life report.

I'm on a 3G contract with them and might check to see if they'll switch me over.

I'm interested in an answer to this question also.

Received a text from Parcel Motel to say there was insufficient funds in my account, does that mean they tried to deliver it?

If so that will bug the hell out of me as I registered my card for payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭dubrov

Received a text from Parcel Motel to say there was insufficient funds in my account, does that mean they tried to deliver it?

If so that will bug the hell out of me as I registered my card for payments.

It means that it is still in their Belfast depot. they tried to charge your card but it failed for some reason.

They won't dispatch the parcel until payment is received.

You could log in and try and top up your account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Ok my tracking says my package was delivered from the Royal Mail delivery in Belfast today, does that mean its in PM in Antrim? How long until it's dropped down to my PM I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭dubrov

Yes, it has been delivered to Belfast.
    I think it changes to "In Transit" when it is being moved.

Normally if I order something that arrives in Belfast, it will arrive in Dublin about 11pm that same evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

dubrov wrote: »
    Yes, it has been delivered to Belfast.
    I think it changes to "In Transit" when it is being moved.

Normally if I order something that arrives in Belfast, it will arrive in Dublin about 11pm that same evening.

Cool thanks :) Mine is Ennis, Co Clare so maybe tmw for me hopefully.

dubrov wrote: »
    It means that it is still in their Belfast depot. they tried to charge your card but it failed for some reason.

They won't dispatch the parcel until payment is received.

You could log in and try and top up your account

Cheers for the heads up, got onto them on Twitter and they were very quick & helpful and said it went through and should receive a text tonight/tomorrow that my parcel has arrived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I got the same feckin message from PM this afternoon, I deffo had money for one parcel, came home and the wife told me she used it to get something delivered.

I'll have my new phone tomorrow!

• Advertisement

I got the same feckin message from PM this afternoon, I deffo had money for one parcel, came home and the wife told me she used it to get something delivered.

Why don't yu set up the auto top up feature? Once your balance drops below (I think) €10 they automatically top it up by (I think) €25 or something like that.

Saves me a load of hassle.

register her card for the pm deliveries in future, she wont be long putting a curb on doing that ;)

Did anyone buy one of the official flip cases from one plus one ?

nope, got mine from aliexpress

daytob wrote: »
    nope, got mine from aliexpress

I'm expecting mine to be delivered Friday or Monday so want to get a good case for it.

Ill be getting mine tonight or in the morning, can I be a lazy cnut and ask for a quick link to the easiest rooting method for an out of the box OPO please?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Anyone know of there's a desk charger available for this yet?

Its here! Oh my God, best unboxing/packaging ever! I felt like making a Double Rainbow style video :D

Holy crap it is beautiful, way lighter and way thinner than I was expecting, it is a fupping work of art, havent even turned it on yet...

How are you getting your PM deliveries at this time? The driver passes your house? Lucky bar steward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

For anyone who has got the phone and needs it for work emails/exchange email address you need to encrypt the phone.

I encrypted mine but when I got home and started using it I realised that it would not connect to WiFi. I.e. the option was fully greyed out so could not swipe it on. I googled for a while and never found a definitive answer. Most said reset, turn off or change themes but nothing worked.

I found one post which got very little attention on the official forums. It said to root it first before doing the below but I did not do that and it worked with skipping these first couple of steps.

Here's what I did:

Factory reset
    Powerred on and skipped every introductory.
    Went to security and crested a 4 digit pin.
    Made sure battery was charged and plugged in
    Went to encryption and started the encryption process
    Let it do its thing, took me about 20 minutes
    Watched as it powered back on and got to the point of asking me for a pin with emergency call underneath.
    Left it plugged in at this point for 5 mins
    After 2 minutes it made an intermittent beep
    After 5 mins I entered the pin
    It then asked for my pin again but this time was at the regular screen, not the one with emergency call on it, so my phone did not reboot
    Went to settings and toggled WiFi on and setup everything on my phone after that.
    Phone has rebooted a number of times and have been able to reconnect to wifi thus far

Hopefully I wasn't just lucky and this is fixed and ofcourse someone else gets a use out of it. Need the phone for work emails so was essential I had it.

Advertisement