Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

While you are out grab a tesco sim card too, just to check if its the network, it shouldnt be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Just got mine charging it up what sim do i need?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hootanany wrote: »
    Just got mine charging it up what sim do i need?

A micro sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Mine has arrived in Belfast :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Mine has arrived in Belfast :cool:
    how long it would take parcel motel to deliver?

• Advertisement

could be there this evening or 2moro

Looking at past deliveries it will be the morning. I'm in Limerick

Its still not on the parcel motel site even though it was signed for this morning at around half 10. Had a quick look at the last time i used parcel motel, delivery was signed for 11 and wasnt on the register til about 5 that day.

But very quick delivery from OPO. I only placed my order Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    But very quick delivery from OPO. I only placed my order Sunday morning

From which location do they ship? phone is 50 quid cheaper in continental Europe.

The site says the have warehouses in 3 continents. I couldnt tell you where the European one is as I've no idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Hi does anyone have the emobile 4g APN settings?

• Advertisement

im on tesco so cant help soz

turns out the replacement sim they gave me wasn't 4g. urgh.

Bcak to them again. otherwise its working perfect. thanks for all the help.

ffs:confused:

Still waiting on parcel motel. Signed for at 10:30am this morning and nothing since. No funds taken out, nothing

May be time for a phone call

mine took 2 days, i wouldnt worry, it could be that they are really busy.

New OPO owner checking in :cool:
    picked it up about an hour ago. On the first glance the phone feels amazing, the back cover is really something you wont appreciate till you hold it. The phone itself also feels far smaller than it is thanks to the curved back.

All in all so far so good. Nice and snappy and I'm loving the options cyanogen mod gives you. Music volume is excellent with headphones and the speakers are surprisingly good.

Even moving over from a Note 3 I'm very impressed. Camera could be better ( initial thoughts) but hey ho, it's not bad by any means, just good :o

And the half bar signal I seem to be getting is slightly worrying but I'll wait and see how that goes.

Thanks Daytob and Yaba, absolute gents for sorting the invite out

What camera app are you using? I use perfectly clear and its amazing. its nearly better than the wifes find7 50mp shots

The stock app but my current opinion is entirely based on indoor low light performance when compared to my Note 3.

I've seen some outdoor shots in good light and they look up there with the best of them. Just yet to try it out for myself. I'm loving the ease of use of the stock app though,flicking through all the settings is excellent.

Really surprised in how impressed I am with the phone. The girlfriend who I gave my note 3 to has already called dibs on one of my invites :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

I don't suppose there are any camera apps which add auto image stabilization capability or is that just not possible with the built in hardware?

Also, is there a HDR option in the camera? I haven't seen it yet but then I haven't spent much time setting up the camera.

Try perfectly clear benthere

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.worldiety.athentech.perfectlyclear&hl=en

you could try press the facial area and it should focus on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭SteM

BenThere wrote: »

Also, is there a HDR option in the camera? I haven't seen it yet but then I haven't spent much time setting up the camera.

Yes, in the camera app if you scroll up or down you get filters applied and it changes shooting modes. Scroll up once and that brings up HDR mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Day 2 for me

Set up Facial Recognition, took snap set backup password used it once half the morning it kept saying face no recognised had to factory reset:mad: so won't be doing that again otherwise very happy with it.

have a really annoying problem.

the phone takes 2 or 3 attempts to take my Sim card pin number on restart or reboot.

Once it does take the pin number it cant find the network and seems to lock up again and ask me for the sim pin goes around in this circle without actually finding any network.

i got the sim replaced by emobile thinking it might be an old dodgy sim but no joy.

Similarly the new sim works perfectly in my old moto g.

Any thoughts? google hasn't thrown up any solution.

Hootanany wrote: »
    Day 2 for me

Set up Facial Recognition, took snap set backup password used it once half the morning it kept saying face no recognised had to factory reset:mad: so won't be doing that again otherwise very happy with it.

I used to work in the biometrics field and I wouldn't dream of using facial recognition on my OPO. The false accept and false reject rates are simply way too high. More trouble than it's worth.

eoinf wrote: »

the phone takes 2 or 3 attempts to take my Sim card pin number on restart or reboot.

Once it does take the pin number it cant find the network and seems to lock up again and ask me for the sim pin goes around in this circle without actually finding any network.

i got the sim replaced by emobile thinking it might be an old dodgy sim but no joy.

I can't help you directly but as I'm planning to switch from VF to Three or eMobile in the next few weeks I'm interested in knowing how you resolve this.

Are there any other users on here with eMobile SIM's in theor OPO? Can you confirm your experience to date and maybe share your APN settings etc so EoinF can suss out what's causing his issue?

BenThere wrote: »
    I can't help you directly but as I'm planning to switch from VF to Three or eMobile in the next few weeks I'm interested in knowing how you resolve this.

Are there any other users on here with eMobile SIM's in theor OPO? Can you confirm your experience to date and maybe share your APN settings etc so EoinF can suss out what's causing his issue?

I genuinely dont think its a network problem. I'm gonna try a second (prob VF) network sim tomorrow, its donethe same with 2 emobile sims, granted one being an old one but on the same account.

I factory reset the phone also with no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

eoinf wrote: »

Have you tried a sim from a different provider just encase its an issue with emobile?
    Is there anything that needs to be checked in Settigs-Network?

I have had no issues on 48.

if anyone wants to see what i am talking about here is some dodgy camera work to show it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sy2jdx34pjfn0k/VID_20140917_190627821.mp4?dl=0

In the video it wont let me enter the sim pin, sometimes its slower and actually asks me for the sim pin.

Tearing my hair out at this stage.

right, i had that issue with 2 fking moto gs, ended up sending them back. i havent read back through the posts but has it happened on different sims? if so it might just be a connection issue * ie the sim might be a tad loose. no idea if anyone had the same issue. thats the only thing i can think of mate :(
    Soz.

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    right, i had that issue with 2 fking moto gs, ended up sending them back. i havent read back through the posts but has it happened on different sims? if so it might just be a connection issue * ie the sim might be a tad loose. no idea if anyone had the same issue. thats the only thing i can think of mate :(
    Soz.

this is the replacement sim emobile gave me as i thought it was an issue with my old sim.

my old sim worked for a while but this issue started after a few hours so i bit the bullet and replaced the sim. I am going to get a pay as you go sim in the morning and try it.

Pain in the bollox.

Advertisement