Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

G1032 wrote: »
    IIRC at the start of last season it was 40k in to rise the first 0.1 in a GW. A further 80k was then required for a second rise? I'm open to correction on this.

They got rid of that not sure when you but it's gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I did but it didn't make sense hence my follow up question.

Also, I'm pretty sure that price rises are based on a % of transfers in to total ownership.

Believe what you want. I'll say it again though every single players in this game needs the same amount of transfers in to rise in price, at the moment it is about 45000/50000 it will decrease over time.
    This is the same whether you're Daniel Sturridge or Tyler Blackett.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

gufc21 wrote: »
    Ramsey silva stirling mata and sig

Happy days so. I'd want some chelsea cover though.

So i'd:

a) find 1.5m for Lukaku to Costa.

b) Do a massive downgrade of mata and upgrade Jovetic to Costa (obviously if he is firing tonight). Though you then have no man u cover - still that mightn't be so bad.

I'd prob favour a) if i could find money from my defence in one extra transfer. Your midfield is obviously beautiful i'd just try re-arrange the forwards a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Believe what you want. I'll say it again though every single players in this game needs the same amount of transfers in to rise in price, at the moment it is about 45000/50000 it will decrease over time.
    This is the same whether you're Daniel Sturridge or Tyler Blackett.

Fair enough. Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

image_zps6cbad65d.jpg

58 points so far and 1m in the bank. Feeling fairly smug having Sterling, Siggyy and Ramsey already in my midfield, but feel i have some weaknesses too.

I think i could do with looking at :

Myhill
    Chambers
    Jelavic
    possibly Huth.

Any thoughts on a possible transfer for this week ?
    `

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I was gonna bring in Kelly and then Palace go and appoint Shewood :mad: Not good news fo Palace defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

39 points with with Costa, Terry and Fabregas to go i am very hopeful of scoring 15+ tonight which would be a good start.

Did anybody watch the Spurs game Saturday and can tell me how Dier and Rose performed. I want a Spurs defender but they have so many defenders. I had Dier in and took him out i didn't think he would start. I had Davies and took him out but i am surprised he didn't start i really want him.

Also lads is Chambers likely to be a regular for Arsenal getting an Arsenal defender for 4.5 would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Also lads is Chambers likely to be a regular for Arsenal getting an Arsenal defender for 4.5 would be great.
    Chambers won't be a regular starter unless one of Mertesacker, Koscielny, or Debuchy is injured. If Gibbs is out for a while, Monreal (5.0m) will start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭boccy23

Chambers won't be a regular starter unless one of Mertesacker, Koscielny, or Debuchy is injured. If Gibbs is out for a while, Monreal (5.0m) will start

I think as a cheap Arsenal defender, Monreal is a better option. With Europe, cups etc. and Gibbs not being great, Monreal could get a run at stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Thinking of getting rid of Lovren, thoughts on a good replacement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Happy days so. I'd want some chelsea cover though.

So i'd:

a) find 1.5m for Lukaku to Costa.

b) Do a massive downgrade of mata and upgrade Jovetic to Costa (obviously if he is firing tonight). Though you then have no man u cover - still that mightn't be so bad.

I'd prob favour a) if i could find money from my defence in one extra transfer. Your midfield is obviously beautiful i'd just try re-arrange the forwards a bit.

Cheers, I had been thinking of option b there. I was thinking I might give mata another week and see how he does but now I'm thinking I will swap him for mceady and jevotic for costa, aguero will be back next week so I don't know what the situation there will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

39 points with with Costa, Terry and Fabregas to go i am very hopeful of scoring 15+ tonight which would be a good start.

Did anybody watch the Spurs game Saturday and can tell me how Dier and Rose performed. I want a Spurs defender but they have so many defenders. I had Dier in and took him out i didn't think he would start. I had Davies and took him out but i am surprised he didn't start i really want him.

Snap! I have 52 points bagged already.

I had Sterling all pre-season in as skip but considered Liverpool's next 2 fixtures and went with a 4.5mil midfielder & Giroud up top (to swap with Bony after GW 1). I still think it will be much of a muchness after GW3 where I will get Sterling in (hoping his price won't rise).

My defence / GK needs altering and need some serious help with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Rose was ****, as usual. I think Davies will take the lb spot, but probably not for the weekend as he'll play Thursday night.
    Dier was ok, he'll probably start at the weekend if Naughtons appeal is unsuccessful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Pulled the trigger on Siggy last night. Straight swap for Hendo. It'd be kind of funny if Siggy injured himself before GW2. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Replaces for Giroud anyone? Bony/Adebayor/Dzeko. Have the 9.5mill to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Replaces for Giroud anyone? Bony/Adebayor/Dzeko. Have the 9.5mill to spend

Definitely Dzeko from those three. Would possibly consider Lukaku as well but not over Dzeko. Should start in a team that gets lots of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Resisted the urge to put in Siggy for Mata. I've 3.0 in the bank which I'll probably use to get Diego Costa in for Jovetic who I worry won't be getting much games now with Aguero back so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

more of my team heading for price drops than price rises, a few opening days risks that failed is a harsh lesson and could leave me 30 points behind rivals.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I know it's only the dutch league but reading up on Tadic last season a serious amount of goals and assists. Also what was it he averaged 4 chances created a game that's unreal. He looked very good yesterday my only worry is if southampton will score enough goals.

I know it's only the dutch league but reading up on Tadic last season a serious amount of goals and assists. Also what was it he averaged 4 chances created a game that's unreal. He looked very good yesterday my only worry is if southampton will score enough goals.

Cant see it either without JRod... Pelle looked poor and Long delivered his usual standard of finishing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Resisted the urge to go with Siggy and kept Hendo, who i think will be a 'keeper' throughout the season and outscore his value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hendo will not outscore Siggy. No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Slattsy wrote: »
    Resisted the urge to go with Siggy and kept Hendo, who i think will be a 'keeper' throughout the season and outscore his value.

it doesn't matter if he outscores his value, it matters whether he out scores Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

roryc wrote: »
    Hendo will not outscore Siggy. No chance.

Agreed, some red tinted glasses skew the reality for some though. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

zarquon wrote: »
    Agreed, some red tinted glasses skew the reality for some though. ;)

And Liverpool to win the league by 20 points ;) :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Cant see it either without JRod... Pelle looked poor and Long delivered his usual standard of finishing

before the season started i made a bold prediction that Tadic would be the best signing of any team in this transfer window to date. I watch a lot of european football and let me tell you this guy is the real deal, he is an awesome player. He is without doubt a better overall player than Lallana, I just hope he settles well in england and can handle the rough and tumble he will receive from some teams. He is priced a 7.5 for FF and i perhaps the value creators are also aware of his ability to score goals and assist as its quiet high for a player who has never played in england, compared to siggy at just 6. Soton's next few fixtures are manageable so anybody looking for a darkhorse in midfield i would highly recomend this guy

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Pulled the trigger on Siggy last night. Straight swap for Hendo. It'd be kind of funny if Siggy injured himself before GW2. :/

Did the same. Yes. It would be hilarious! :rolleyes:

The other option was Mata out, but i am giving him a couple of weeks. I think he'll come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

He is without doubt a better overall player than Lallana

Mmmm....I'm not sure that it's without doubt. Both similar players but Tadic can go missing in games. Awesome player and I agree with the majority of your post but I can't agree with the above comment. In fact, I'd say I have a doubt! ;)

before the season started i made a bold prediction that Tadic would be the best signing of any team in this transfer window to date. I watch a lot of european football and let me tell you this guy is the real deal, he is an awesome player. He is without doubt a better overall player than Lallana, I just hope he settles well in england and can handle the rough and tumble he will receive from some teams. He is priced a 7.5 for FF and i perhaps the value creators are also aware of his ability to score goals and assist as its quiet high for a player who has never played in england, compared to siggy at just 6. Soton's next few fixtures are manageable so anybody looking for a darkhorse in midfield i would highly recomend this guy

My comment was on Southampton's ability to be prolific as opposed to Tadics worth, I dont know a lot about Tadic and given your comments will watch him closely but he didnt do much for me yesterday and if I was to take a chance purely on that game then it would be more likely a defender or Ward Prowse as a cheap mid....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Some reports saying Rojo to United is agreed with Nani on loan in opposite direction,

Advertisement