Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ice87 wrote: »
    Disappointed slightly about Filipe Luis. You would think paying over £15mil and being the only left footed defender that he would get a start but that is Mourinho. I know if I transfer him out he'll probably get a start the weekend!

Does anybody know why Cameron wasn't in the Stoke squad at the weekend? Did he fall out with Hughes?

No, Bardsley played most of the friendlies so just looks like He is the first choice right back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Chelsea did look pretty solid at the back despite the goal. I think the 0.5 extra for Ivanovic over Terry might be worth it. Will probably do that trade after a few game weeks, will hold out for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Having already done Couts to Siggy I'll be watching the prices carefully. Mata dropping and Sterling rising would make me tempted to take the hit. 0.2m swing.

I know Mata may well still hit some decent scores and Sterling has tough fixtures but its partly about team value at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Having already done Couts to Siggy I'll be watching the prices carefully. Mata dropping and Sterling rising would make me tempted to take the hit. 0.2m swing.

I know Mata may well still hit some decent scores and Sterling has tough fixtures but its partly about team value at this stage of the season.

While I love a good points hit I wouldn't be rushing into things either, even though I'm penciling in Sterling in a few weeks.

Mata was delivering a good few freekicks at the weekend and Mannone was looking flappy enough too. A goal and/or assist or two would then see Mata shoot up. Of course we simply don't know and Sterling could get a hat-trick against both City and Spurs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Getting rid of Mata right before RvP returns is risky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

While I love a good points hit I wouldn't be rushing into things either, even though I'm penciling in Sterling in a few weeks.

Mata was delivering a good few freekicks at the weekend and Mannone was looking flappy enough too. A goal and/or assist or two would then see Mata shoot up. Of course we simply don't know and Sterling could get a hat-trick against both City and Spurs :eek:

Prodston in urging caution scandal. Wait till the tabloids get hold of this!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

You used to be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Im just going by fiso which says he is.

****, TotalFPL says he's only at 67%. Plan on wild-carding early so don't want to lose any value. Stick or twist??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

k4fITRV.png

48 points with only 10 men.
    Didn't end atrociously terrible! This will see me go top of my private league, second in my pay league, and about 4th in my work league.. Happy out after a bad start!

Plans:
    Look at some 4.0 defenders. Moore, Hutton, & Wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Should have transferred Siggy for Puncheon on Saturday, now Siggy's gone up to 6.1 :mad:

May go for Tom Ince at 5.5 at home to Stoke and handy enough next few matches, AVL away and WHU at home. Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Looking at Bony for the next two game weeks before bringing in Dzeko

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Mata out siggy in

Not really happy about it cause mata will get a load of points in the next 6 games but have to do it to get the extra money as my other mids are fab, Sterling and Ramsey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I really want to hold firm and do no transfers this week.

The only itch I have is to move Mata out for Sterling. But I need to resist this, even if Mata does drop.
    I really think he will score a boat load of points this season once United click in the last third....

I think I will need to do what I did 2 seasons ago. Get my Mrs to change my password on FPL to stop me doing anything stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,336 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The only itch I have is to move Mata out for Sterling. But I need to resist this, even if Mata does drop.
    I really think he will score a boat load of points this season once United click in the last third....

I think I will need to do what I did 2 seasons ago. Get my Mrs to change my password on FPL to stop me doing anything stupid.

Apt username then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ditto, it's a change I'm eye up, but would rather wait it out this week! Mata may be 8.9 next week, and Sterling may be 8.6, but I think it's worth waiting until next week to see how next weekend goes. 1 week isn't enough to judge a player on.

The problem is the knee jerkers dumping Mata for one of Ramsey/Sterling/Fabregas/Siggy.

Hold strong brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I'll be holding onto Mata at least for another week or two. I'd sell him for Sterling or Silva and City and Pool play each other this week so I'm really hoping that's a low scorer and that Mata has a good one at Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bank:

Go easy on Sterling guys please.

Fire ahead with Siggy though.
    300k lads still with Barkley, hoping the majority go to Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

PARlance wrote: »
    Bank:

Go easy on Sterling guys please.

Fire ahead with Siggy though.
    300k lads still with Barkley, hoping the majority go to Siggy.

Well I'm sure most people won't have enough money in the bank to do Barkley --> Sterling, so I'd say Barkley --> Siggy will be pretty popular (hopefully!).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Having a back four crisis. Luiz, Cameron and Davies all no shows in GW1. What's the story with Cameron? Don't wanna' drop Luiz just yet and I reckon Davies will play sooner rather than later.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Having a back four crisis. Luiz, Cameron and Davies all no shows in GW1. that's the story with Cameron? Don't wanna' drop Luiz just yet and I reckon Davies will play sooner rather than later.

Last season cameron played right back but Hutton played rb pre season, looks like cam will only come in for injuries.

Davies apparently didn't do that well pre season and rose did, Davies will probably play uefa cup this week so see how he plays. I assume rose will keep his spot Though next week in the Prem.

Luis was another tipped not to play, Jose has one of the worst rotation policies for ff players.

How did the rest of your team, maybe wild card?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Having a back four crisis. Luiz, Cameron and Davies all no shows in GW1. What's the story with Cameron? Don't wanna' drop Luiz just yet and I reckon Davies will play sooner rather than later.

Who are your other 2 defenders?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Can we not sell Mata please folks? :)

Pretty please ;)

Although, I do think getting rid of him after one week is crazy. Once RVP is back, he will create lots of space for Mata & Rooney. Utd have decent fixtures too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Crazy dropping utd players so early
    Play Sunderland and the three promoted sides in their next four
    There'll be some tales of woe in the next month

Can't get in siggy without a points hit myself and with nothing in the bank am
    Considering a skrtel to either azpic or a spurs defender

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Last season cameron played right back but Hutton played rb pre season, looks like cam will only come in for injuries.

Davies apparently didn't do that well pre season and rose did, Davies will probably play uefa cup this week so see how he plays. I assume rose will keep his spot Though next week in the Prem.

Luis was another tipped not to play, Jose has one of the worst rotation policies for ff players.

How did the rest of your team, maybe wild card?

Everyone else played. Managed 40 points due to Hazard Captained instead of Rooney.

I was thinking of going to this. 20 point hit.

318971.JPG

Not sure that's possible now, siggy is 6. 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Anyone know why Barkley didn't drop by 0.1m last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

You would be insane to take a 20 point hit, just use your wildcard early, that costs you nothing.
    I never give up points, because it is hard enough to get them.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Not sure that's possible now, siggy is 6. 1 now

I've had Siggy since GW1. I'm a FF tactical genius ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Used my wildcard early, got Siggy for 6m which looks a bargain considering they are at home to Burnley next weekend too.
    They then play West Brom at home and after Chelsea away they have 4 winnable fixtures so I got in Bony too.
    Used an early wildcard, I always do it because things never seem to go to plan on Week 1.
    At least now we know who is playing, well we have a rough idea.

• Advertisement

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Used my wildcard early, got Siggy for 6m which looks a bargain considering they are at home to Burnley next weekend too.
    They then play West Brom at home and after Chelsea away they have 4 winnable fixtures so I got in Bony too.
    Used an early wildcard, I always do it because things never seem to go to plan on Week 1.
    At least now we know who is playing, well we have a rough idea.

Thinking of doing the same myself. Once I WC, I can make unlimited transfers in/out until Saturday, yeah?

Advertisement