Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Henderson out, Sigurdsson in seems like a no brainer

Thoughts

Sturridge & Ramsay are players I dont have, should I be looking to get them in instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

1 million in bank
    wanted to keep that to assess a few defences first, mainly spurs united and palacr and also to see how jovetic looked :(
    options now are : bank it - which is likely
    upgrade begovic to lloris or chambers to kaboul or clyne
    eriksen to sterling (unlikely due to fixtures)
    jovetic to someone (will give him another week )

so I'll probably bank it ......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

From the Matchday thread about 11:35 am on Saturday:
    Well I spent the last hour tinkering but got the fear and had a mad scramble at 11:29 to get my team back to the way I left it last night. I just have to hope that Dzeko, Siggy and Liam Moore don't outscore Austin, Coutinho and Bardsley :eek:

Safe to say that didn't work out so I've done the most obvious of transfers.

Coutinho -> Siggy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Bardsely looked dangerous on MOTD. Had a nice shot at goal and a penalty shout. I don't want to transfer him out before GW2 unless I can get a price rise out of Clyne

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dempsey wrote: »
    Henderson out, Sigurdsson in seems like a no brainer

Thoughts

Sturridge & Ramsay are players I dont have, should I be looking to get them in instead?

I haven't seem today's game yet (will watch MoTD2 in the morning before work) but BBC reckoned Sturridge barely touched the ball other than the goal.

Ramsey for me is essential. He's been in cracking form now for 12 months. Arsenal just need to keep him fit and on the pitch.

• Advertisement

just seen motd and Remy looked sharp. one to watch !

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Lemlin wrote: »
    I haven't seem today's game yet (will watch MoTD2 in the morning before work) but BBC reckoned Sturridge barely touched the ball other than the goal.

Ramsey for me is essential. He's been in cracking form now for 12 months. Arsenal just need to keep him fit and on the pitch.
    Yeah Sturridge barely touched the ball other than his tap in. Sterling on the other hand was very lively and played through the centre a lot. He is certainly one i'll be paying attention to over the next few weeks.

To get Ramsay, either Hazard, Mata or Yaya Toure need to be flogged...

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

No major worries in my squad means that I am thinking about banking the transfer at this particular moment in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

jebforever wrote: »
    No major worries in my squad means that I am thinking about banking the transfer at this particular moment in time.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with you banking your transfer, at this particular moment in time.

artworks-000014432925-uyox7g-original.jpg?30a2558

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    To get Ramsay, either Hazard, Mata or Yaya Toure need to be flogged...

See how Hazard plays. I have Mata and am probably going to give him one more week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Banking.

I picked for fixtures day one

See how Hazard plays. I have Mata and am probably going to give him one more week.

The problem is that if Siggy goes up in price tonight, I cant get him without another transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd like Sigurdsson but want to give Lamela and Mata more of a chance. Cabella looked good, and no need to get rid of Sterling or Ramsey.

Probably just going to keep the transfer as no 4m defender is standing out yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Need to get huth out. Who would better for a short term transfer-chester or Clyne?looking to get a price rise also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I really don't want to waste 4pts already but it does make a lot of sense for me to bring Hutton in for Caulker and Siggy in for fletcher and leave my higher costing mids intact for now, which would leave my team looking like this,

Begovic
    Debuchy Terry Hutton
    Cesc Mata Ramsey Nasri Siggy
    Costa Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

After making some abysmal choices in setting up my team, I'm already tempted to pull out the wildcard.. :( Sigh..

Probably bringing Siggy in, if only for a price rise.

z8LcDMv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I pulled the trigger on Siggurdsson in for henderson. Usually I would say its a terrible idea to make a transfer so early but I had planned on using my wildcard early anyway so if disaster strikes during the week I can just play it early. One thing I know for sure is that I dont want to head into gws 2 & 3 without siggy in my team as I expect him to increase by close to a million by the time gw 4 comes around, and i expect him to get some good returns against burnley and. West brom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ended up bringing Siggy in for Nasri. Nice to have 2.5m in the bank and not taking a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Danger781 wrote: »
    After making some abysmal choices in setting up my team, I'm already tempted to pull out the wildcard.. :( Sigh..

Probably bringing Siggy in, if only for a price rise.

z8LcDMv.png

Step away from the computer....

That's not an abysmal team, just an abysmal week. FT of Siggy this week. FT of Sterling next and you'd be quite happy?

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »

That's not an abysmal team, just an abysmal week. FT of Siggy this week. FT of Sterling next and you'd be quite happy?

agree

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

PARlance wrote: »

Three defenders that aren't guaranteed starters though.......(four if Filipe Luis isn't nailed). I still wouldn't use the wildcard yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How did yaya play yesterday ? Thinking of selling him for silva or should I wait a few weeks ?

Sterling looks like he may rise. If he is going to later in the week, I'll be doing Mata to Sterling.

It may be a controversial opinion but I tend to avoid having a striker/midfielder from the one club unless they are a top four club and the side that United fielded at the weekend was far from that.

I'm not particularly worried about Pool's fixtures. They showed last season they can score against anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Solid 45points with Cesc to play tonight. Took out Weinmann late on Friday night to go with Bojan :(

Krul
    Debuchy Pieters Caulker (Subs Vlaar/Dummett)
    Cesc Ramsey Nasri Mata Sigurdsson
    Rooney Giroud (Sub Bojan)

Transfers for week 2? Any ideas? I was thinking either

Giroud OUT Bony/Adebayor in (Both have 2 home games in GW 2,3)
    Bojan OUT Weimann IN (Home to N/castle & Hull Game weeks 2,3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Did Chambers to Dier, hopefully get some price rises out of it even if he doesn't keep his place. Keeping an eye on Mata for Sterling/Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

titan18 wrote: »
    I'd like Sigurdsson but want to give Lamela and Mata more of a chance. Cabella looked good, and no need to get rid of Sterling or Ramsey.
    THIS!

One week is not enough to judge a player, on the law of averages Siggy is now less likely to score next week than Mata/Lamela. Plus he had such a high influx in one day, he's now likely to fall below 6.0 if he stops scoring.

IMO, the only subs that should be made today are if you have players that aren't playing.

I really don't want to waste 4pts already but it does make a lot of sense for me to bring Hutton in for Caulker and Siggy in for fletcher and leave my higher costing mids intact for now, which would leave my team looking like this,

Begovic
    Debuchy Terry Hutton
    Cesc Mata Ramsey Nasri Siggy
    Costa Rooney
    Again, you're basing that off one week, Hutton is just in the shop window in my opinion, they're hoping someone buys him by 31th August. Last season Whittaker looked a 4.0 bargain at week 1 and was a 3.8 defender by week 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

I wouldn't mind holding on to Ashley Young as he's likely to play for a few weeks yet, but he's also looking like he's going to drop this week. So I might swap him with JWP who looked good yesterday and then hope Jovetic and Chambers play next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Thinking of banking (assuming no injuries in meantime), with the idea of possibly getting Aguero for game home to stoke - then possibly switching to sturridge the following week or even keeping as no doubt he ll defo start (and likely score) in the bigger games v arsenal & chelsea.

Anyone else thinking the same?

Have Costa, Rooney & Dzeko, so will have to prob downgrade Mata significantly to make it happen though.

No aguero always scares me - guess it will depend how costa goes in next 2 matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Thinking of banking (assuming no injuries in meantime), with the idea of possibly getting Aguero for game home to stoke - then possibly switching to sturridge the following week or even keeping as no doubt he ll defo start (and likely score) in the bigger games v arsenal & chelsea.

Anyone else thinking the same?

Have Costa, Rooney & Dzeko, so will have to prob downgrade Mata significantly to make it happen though.

No aguero always scares me - guess it will depend how costa goes in next 2 matches.

My thoughts exactly

Advertisement