Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Shedite27 wrote: »
    THIS!

One week is not enough to judge a player, on the law of averages Siggy is now less likely to score next week than Mata/Lamela. Plus he had such a high influx in one day, he's now likely to fall below 6.0 if he stops scoring.

There's no way Siggy will be below 6.0m any time soon! He'll probably be 6.3 by the end of the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I've made a terrible start this year but reasonably happy with my team. I made 2 bad picks in Davies and Coutinho and I'll be ditching both of them this week before they drop. I'll bring in Sterling for Coutinho and probably Kelly for Davies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

I had too many nonstarters and I've wild carded. Could work out well if Aguero does a bit of damage over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

My thoughts exactly

Saving now, seems like a good way of avoiding a hit or WC in GW 3/4, when fixtures turn for some sides.

Not easy to just do straight swaps so handy to have the two transfers.

Of course injuries will prob screw that over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Need to get Davis out for someone, haven't thought that one through yet. This week is the Henderbus out for Siggy. Probably one of the more popular moves this week I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Thinking of banking (assuming no injuries in meantime), with the idea of possibly getting Aguero for game home to stoke - then possibly switching to sturridge the following week or even keeping as no doubt he ll defo start (and likely score) in the bigger games v arsenal & chelsea.

Anyone else thinking the same?

Have Costa, Rooney & Dzeko, so will have to prob downgrade Mata significantly to make it happen though.

No aguero always scares me - guess it will depend how costa goes in next 2 matches.
    My thoughts exactly

Won't be touching the Kun...t!

In all seriousness though i really won't be forking out 12 mil for the chap and decimating my team in the process considering he is bound to break himself again in a week or two like i did last season! There's lots of points to be gained out there with players who actually spend the majority of the season on the pitch and out of the Physio room!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Need to get Davis out for someone, haven't thought that one through yet. This week is the Henderbus out for Siggy. Probably one of the more popular moves this week I'd say.

Davis was good yesterday I thought. Do you mean Davies off spurs? I'd get Clyne in for him if that's who you meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

I was at a barbecue yesterday and missed the 6.0 siggy. Now not enough for direct transfer. Worth a hit to take him? Have to sell Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭G1032

If a player reaches 100%, they will rise by 0.1 overnight. They can do this 3 times in a game week, for a maximum rise of 0.3.

If a player ends the day with 60%, that will carry over to the next day, so they'll only need another 40% to get their 0.1 rise.

Looks like only Siggy will rise today, but I think we'll see a lot of activity after tomorrow's game.
    PARlance wrote: »
    Just a little point to add to that.
    If say, Siggy is on 190% tonight, then he'll rise BUT he starts at 0% tomorrow. (The 90% doesn't carry over)

And one further point..!!
    If a player does rise by 0.3m in a single week then all additional transfers are saved to be used the following week:

From FPL Statistics -
    A player can rise or fall by up to £0.3m in a single gameweek. Once this limit is reached all additional transfers are retained such that in the following gameweek, if the required threshold is reached, an automatic rise or fall in price of £0.1m will occur

G1032 wrote: »
    If a player does rise by 0.3m in a single week then all additional transfers are saved to be used the following week:

From FPL Statistics -
    A player can rise or fall by up to £0.3m in a single gameweek. Once this limit is reached all additional transfers are retained such that in the following gameweek, if the required threshold is reached, an automatic rise or fall in price of £0.1m will occur

So that would happen on the Saturday night right? So he could be 6.4 by saturday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

G1032 wrote: »

From FPL Statistics -

Never knew that one! So basically a player could technically be set to rise on a Saturday before any new transfers are made

Did anyone watch the Arsenal game? I have Giroud and I sort of regret having him, but I would like to bank my transfer this week if possible.

I'm wondering about how Arsenal played before he game on vs how they played after he came on? Essentially I'm wondering how likely he is to play next week? If it looks like he will play I think I'll stick with him and give him another chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Never knew that one! So basically a player could technically be set to rise on a Saturday before any new transfers are made

Happens quite often.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Did anyone watch the Arsenal game? I have Giroud and I sort of regret having him, but I would like to bank my transfer this week if possible.

I'm wondering about how Arsenal played before he game on vs how they played after he came on? Essentially I'm wondering how likely he is to play next week? If it looks like he will play I think I'll stick with him and give him another chance.

He wasnt ready for the game but added physicality when he came on and still pecks way higher than Sanogo who has no physicality among other things, they play besiktas tomorrow night and would expect Giroud to start that. Arsenal fixtures arent great and Girouds position might be less certain when Walcott is back but I wouldnt move him out now just because he didnt start against Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Won't be touching the Kun...t!

In all seriousness though i really won't be forking out 12 mil for the chap and decimating my team in the process considering he is bound to break himself again in a week or two like i did last season! There's lots of points to be gained out there with players who actually spend the majority of the season on the pitch and out of the Physio room!

He is my FF weakness for some reason I'm always willing to give him another chance. In time ill be going with 3 from aguero sturridge rooney costa so when he gets injured ill switch to whichever player I don't have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Guffy

Duno what I was thinking wit my forwards.

Lukaku, Austin and jevoti.

lukaku was horrible yest and I don't know if Austin will score. What's the story with jevotic for next game and future wen aguero is back?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

gufc21 wrote: »

lukaku was horrible yest and I don't know if Austin will score. What's the story with jevotic for next game and future wen aguero is back?

Sorry but hard to believe anyone would go without one of Sturridge, Rooney and Costa - most will have gone with 2 of the 3.

Where did all your spend go? I assume you at least had Ramsey,Silva, Sterling and the like to compensate?

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Sorry but hard to believe anyone would go without one of Sturridge, Rooney and Costa - most will have gone with 2 of the 3.

Where did all your spend go? I assume you at least had Ramsey,Silva, Sterling and the like to compensate?

Ramsey silva stirling mata and sig

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

I read that a players value will rise when 10% of people buy him, but is there a minimum amount of transfers in that need to be made before his price will rise.

For example, I see Andy King for Leicester has 900 transfers in today and 18,800 people have him. This would be 5% of his total, i.e. 50% of the way to a rise in price. But this is showing up on TotalFPL.com as only 7%. Any ideas people?

So that would happen on the Saturday night right? So he could be 6.4 by saturday night?

As in late Saturday night, early Sunday morning. He could technically be 6.4 by 3am Sunday next!! Unlikely, but possible. He won't rise that fast. We're not talking Ramsey here!!

• Advertisement

Ya, seems that way. At least that's how I read it too.

I read that a players value will rise when 10% of people buy him, but is there a minimum amount of transfers in that need to be made before his price will rise.

For example, I see Andy King for Leicester has 900 transfers in today and 18,800 people have him. This would be 5% of his total, i.e. 50% of the way to a rise in price. But this is showing up on TotalFPL.com as only 7%. Any ideas people?

No every player needs the exact same amount of transfers to rise . Dropping is based on a players %.

Where can ye find how many peop have added a player on a daily basis? Before they are processed like

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    No every player needs the exact same amount of transfers to rise . Dropping is based on a players %.

So if a player was owned by 10 people and one person bought him, his value would rise by 0.1m?

Where can ye find how many peop have added a player on a daily basis? Before they are processed like

TotalFPL.com

Hopping on Siggy bandwagon for £££

Mata -> Siggy

So if a player was owned by 10 people and one person bought him, his value would rise by 0.1m?

No did you even bother to read what I wrote? . At the moment players need about 45/50 thousand transfers in to rise. That'll decrease over time though.

Rising in price has nothing at all to do with a players %. Dropping in price does though.

No did you even bother to read what I wrote? . At the moment players need about 45/50 thousand transfers in to rise. That'll decrease over time though.

Rising in price has nothing at all to do with a players %. Dropping in price does though.

I did but it didn't make sense hence my follow up question.

Also, I'm pretty sure that price rises are based on a % of transfers in to total ownership.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Please don't use text speak, it's annoying for everyone else.

• Advertisement

IIRC at the start of last season it was 40k in to rise the first 0.1 in a GW. A further 80k was then required for a second rise? I'm open to correction on this.

Advertisement