Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone know why Barkley didn't drop by 0.1m last night?

Because he didn't reach the required number of transfers out.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Because he didn't reach the required number of transfers out.

I'm a bit of a novice at it so apologies but it says on totalfpl that he was at 160% of the amount of transfers required last night.

I'm a bit of a novice at it so apologies but it says on totalfpl that he was at 160% of the amount of transfers required last night.

Yes and they're obviously wrong or he would have dropped. None of fiso totalfpl or FPL statistics are reliable for the first week or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Thinking of doing the same myself. Once I WC, I can make unlimited transfers in/out until Saturday, yeah?

Yes sir, you can keep changing until 11:30 Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Yes sir, you can keep changing until 11:30 Saturday.

Wilcarded!

Now to try and restructure my team. This seems to happen every year for me. I think I have a solid team that'll start and then... they don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Yes and they're obviously wrong or he would have dropped. None of fiso totalfpl or FPL statistics are reliable for the first week or 2.

Re Barkley, don't the quota required for a drop raise to something like 2.5 times the norm when someone is injured?

I think Barkley needs to get to ~250% myself before he drops.
    TotalFPL are quite reliable... I don't think they've gotten it that wrong at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Wilcarded!

I think I have a solid team that'll start and then... they don't.

???

The doubts over Luis and Davies were well flagged, hence many spending extra 0.5 for terry/cahill and avoiding spurs defence.

Also cameron had no hope of starting - little to no pre season minutes.

And your 20pthit/WC team has Kolarov:confused: and De Jong (been injured) - you defo like a punt for sure!

PARlance wrote: »
    Re Barkley, don't the quota required for a drop raise to something like 2.5 times the norm when someone is injured?

I think Barkley needs to get to ~250% myself before he drops.
    TotalFPL are quite reliable... I don't think they've gotten it that wrong at all.

You're right and you're wrong. He would have needed 2.5 times the usual amount but they take that into account in the % bar.
    Barkley will drop tonight I'd say.

You can't rely on just one of these price tracking sites, Fpl statistics are the best imo.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    ???

The doubts over Luis and Davies were well flagged, hence many spending extra 0.5 for terry/cahill and avoiding spurs defence.

Also cameron had no hope of starting - little to no pre season minutes.

And your 20pthit/WC team has Kolarov:confused: and De Jong (been injured) - you defo like a punt for sure!

Did you see Kolarov over the weekend? Bombed forward like a monster. I can say I'm not as invested in this as some posters here. I set my team up weeks ago and that was that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Have a good solid all round side, one issue though. Had Cameron...transferred him out, brought in Chester.

An obvious move but its transfers like it that could change your next few weeks. The possibility of being -0.1m after GW1 scared my little panties off.

• Advertisement

Did you see Kolarov over the weekend? Bombed forward like a monster. I can say I'm not as invested in this as some posters here. I set my team up weeks ago and that was that.

That's fair enough - Fantasyfootball scout predicted line ups handy for a 5 min browse on a friday evening fwiw going forward.

Yep, does it every year - gets a run of games, produces one big score then fades off into the distance.

Not worries about Zab coming back and clichy switching to left back? (esp for the tougher games where Kolarov's defending is a liability)

To me it's another transfer waiting to happen - certainly not the definition of solid.

Yep, does it every year - gets a run of games, produces one big score then fades off into the distance.

Not worries about Zab coming back and clichy switching to left back? (esp for the tougher games where Kolarov's defending is a liability)

To me it's another transfer waiting to happen - certainly not the definition of solid.

Who would you suggest instead of him then? I have a back line of Kolarov, Hutton, Clyne, Rio and Van Aanholt.

Wc before the transfer window shuts?

Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Wc before the transfer window shuts?

Madness!

Yeah, falcao, Hummels and Di Maria will be going into my WC team :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Only half watching last night lads was Hazard shifted off all set pieces. They were a big reason i went for him.

Who would you suggest instead of him then? I have a back line of Kolarov, Hutton, Clyne, Rio and Van Aanholt.

For 24m - I'd prefer

(a) Terry(or Cahill), Chester, Wisdom, Van Aanholt, Wilson (or Rio or Colocinni for rotation with Van Aanholt)

(b) Terry, Jones, Wisdom, Bruce, Moore

Not sure on keeper though - I've (b) basically with Bego in nets hence the recommendation.

You could change Jones then for Lovern/Debuchy etc as fixtures dictate. Or i might downgrade if all of Costa/Rooney/Sturridge/Aguero fire and i want 3.

Basically Kolarov as your big hitter should be a steady pick, not punty. Hutton's fixtures after next 2 scream minuses

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

I want Ben Davies out lads. Does anyone have recommendations on who I should go for? I can go .5 above his price. My defence for gw1 was Terry Debuchy and Davies.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Prodston in urging caution scandal. Wait till the tabloids get hold of this!! :D

I'm not going to lie. I actually laughed out loud at that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Not going use my wildcard early again, only had one week, so theres no pattern yet, so could be just one week wonders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

frimpong wrote: »
    I want Ben Davies out lads. Does anyone have recommendations on who I should go for? I can go .5 above his price. My defence for gw1 was Terry Debuchy and Davies.

Burnley looked good last night against a very good Chelsea side.

Trippier? He got forward a lot. I think he's 4.5m, so you save .5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dietsquirt wrote: »

he is 5.0 unfortunately:mad: I still think Ill get him in when burnleys home fixtures improve though.

He's 5m.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

He's 5 and he's on my long-term radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

He's 5.0, I'd suggest Clyne who's also 5.0 and has good fixtures, and I have him and want his price to rise :)

He's 5.0, I'd suggest Clyne who's also 5.0 and has good fixtures, and I have him and want his price to rise :)
    I don't expect Southampton to keep a huge amount of clean sheets though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

frimpong wrote: »
    I don't expect Southampton to keep a huge amount of clean sheets though.

I dunno know about that. They looked good vs Liverpool and I expect Clyne to play more attacking football under Koeman so he may be a good option, epecially when in rotation with another player.

Think Kaboul looks a logical answer also - (C) on sat and 5m.

Him or Clyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chesty08 wrote: »
    DDG to Lloris
    Hooiveld to McShane
    Giroud to Bony

will leave me with

Lloris (Myhill)
    JT Hutton McShane (Chambers, Rio)
    Siggy Fab Rambo Silva (el hamadi)
    Bony Rooney Costa

Could have a settled squad there with no potential value lost, some value gained and more important extra points than what I'm transferring out! Is 8 pts worth the hit. Realistically I can only see 6 points from DDG defender & Giroud next week.. Lloris CS & Bony goal could wipe that out plus I'm left with a better squad! Thoughts please???

40,000 transfers already for Giroud... Looks like he will drop in value. Lloris 20,000 transfers in, could rise in value too.

Will I take the hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Him or Clyne.

Would agree with the above. Make sure you do the transfer today though as Davies is due a drop in price.

• Advertisement

Him or Clyne.
    I'm considering Kaboul alright. But with him, Vertonghen, Dawson, Chirches and Dier all competing for 2 starting places, a spurs centre back centre back could be dodgy.

Advertisement