Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Southampton impressed, but the problem for me was no one attacker stood out over the other, Ward Prowse, Tadic and Davis showed neat touches and all got in promising positions. Pelle was quiet but you'd expect him to bag some points too. Add in Long, JRod to return, and they're after another winger and it just gets even more messy. Cabella for the same price stood out for me in that he looked more central to most of Newcastle's attacks. For Southampton, Clyne i have my eye on, was absolutely lethal down that right flank, and with a kind fixture list ahead, could be in for attacking as well as defensive returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zarquon wrote: »
    Agreed, some red tinted glasses skew the reality for some though. ;)

He never said Hendo would outscore siggy though.Those red tinted glasses also saw lots go for Ashley young.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Lemlin wrote: »
    Some reports saying Rojo to United is agreed with Nani on loan in opposite direction,

A bit of fore-warning in that he has an attrocious disciplinary record

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

roryc wrote: »
    Hendo will not outscore Siggy. No chance.

Eamon Dunphy in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ramsey is 45% to a rise despite the fact that the GW isn't over and Arsenal play in the Champions League tomorrow night.

I'm thinking of getting him in but not before the midweek game! Hold off people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Already used the free transfer on Yaya>Sterling to build the war chest, worth taking the four point hit now just to get in on Fab or Costa for GW2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

took the four point hit to get jovetic out now another 4 to get fab in

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

mata or eriksen for fabregas......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

km79 wrote: »
    mata or eriksen for fabregas......

Erikesen imo. That said I just took out Mata for hm :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is Fabregas/Shurrle/Costa too much Chelsea?

Edit - already have Fab and Costa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

A bit dodgy to be getting Fabregas in before the end of this game. He could get an injury in the second half, even though I really hope he doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Erikesen imo. That said I just took out Mata for hm :P

or bring in bony for jovetic!!! Burnley look awful poor but I already have siggy too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is Fabregas/Shurrle/Costa too much Chelsea?

Edit - already have Fab and Costa.

Will be interesting to see if Shurrle can hold a place down ahead of Willian. Too much of a rotation risk at the moment, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Willian is cat though, but a possible rotation risk all the same. Almost had Schurrle in instead of Fab.

If Schurrle keeps up with good performances he should definitely be guaranteed a place but not just guaranteed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Mata -> Cesc. Done.

LostArt wrote: »
    Mata -> Cesc. Done.

I jumped on that bandwagon myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Can we not sell Mata please folks? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

He's going to drop in price .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I would probably do Mata to Sterling after GW3 so there is some wiggle room, but still. I want to gain value

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If Fabregas and Sterling blank next game and Mata scores well, what will people do then?! Some real kneejerk transfers being made after just one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

After watching Cesc there, I'm pretty sure he's a season keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

OK, this is the current team, it's early doors yet but was thinking of possibly swapping out Pieters for Dier or Bojan for Berahino.

318948.jpg

Like I say, early doors so it's difficult to make the decision this early, it's a bit knee jerk.

You folks reckon to leave it another few days in case there's injuries etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

OK, this is the current team, it's early doors yet but was thinking of possibly swapping out Pieters for Dier or Bojan for Berahino.

Like I say, early doors so it's difficult to make the decision this early, it's a bit knee jerk.

You folks reckon to leave it another few days in case there's injuries etc?

Not sure if Dier will first choice when Vertonghen is back so I'd wait. I'm forced into ditching Davies tonight as he is dropping to 4.9, I'm going with Clyne as Southampton have great fixtures and Clyne looks good going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Some top scores in my league already.. I know in my gut I made some bad choices this time but resisting the urge to wild card for now.

Worried about Costa next week. Chelsea look so strong, I think three players from them is def worthwhile.
    Sanchez I feel not worth 1.5 more than Ramsey. From looking at him last week, he needs more time and looks like he could be the assist of goals rather than the goal scorer.

Am I crazy to be even considering the wildcard? I've always held it for at least four/five weeks but just have a gut feeling I need to act quick this time round.

Team is
    Begovic
    Terry Caulker Van Aalhot
    Mata Coutinho Sanchez Hazard
    Rooney Dzeko Fletcher

I have already swapped Coutinho out for Siggy..

Far dues to everyone who has Siggy, Costa, Ramsey and Fabregas. Impressive start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

DDG to Lloris
    Hooiveld to McShane
    Giroud to Bony

will leave me with

Lloris (Myhill)
    JT Hutton McShane (Chambers, Rio)
    Siggy Fab Rambo Silva (el hamadi)
    Bony Rooney Costa

Could have a settled squad there with no potential value lost, some value gained and more important extra points than what I'm transferring out! Is 8 pts worth the hit. Realistically I can only see 6 points from DDG defender & Giroud next week.. Lloris CS & Bony goal could wipe that out plus I'm left with a better squad! Thoughts please???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'm forced into ditching Davies tonight as he is dropping to 4.9

You sure he's gonna drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Ugh price chances mean I'll probably get Fab in for Mata. I don't particularly like getting in a player on the back of assists though, they're too unreliable for my tastes. Was Fab getting into goalscoring positions too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

You sure he's gonna drop?

Im just going by fiso which says he is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Disappointed slightly about Filipe Luis. You would think paying over £15mil and being the only left footed defender that he would get a start but that is Mourinho. I know if I transfer him out he'll probably get a start the weekend!

Does anybody know why Cameron wasn't in the Stoke squad at the weekend? Did he fall out with Hughes?

Advertisement