Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭G1032

kennyb3 wrote: »
    +1 hard to assess without knowing full team. Depends how you can use 3m during the downgrade. I'd still expect mata to outperform siggy by quite a bit over the season

Rest of midfield is Cesc, Ramsey. Rooney, Costa, Fletcher up front. Cahill in defense with van Aanholt, Caulker and Colocini. Begovic in goal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Just made a bold call. Brought in Siggy and withdrew ramsey from my team. Ramsey has Everton away leicester away and man city home as next fixtures.. Sigurdsson has two winnable home games next so hopefully he does the business for me. Still debating bringing in a defender , it will cost me 4 points now but all my defenders have away games next week so it might be worth the 4 points drop. I shall wait until after tomorrow night to see.

Coutinho to Siggy sounds like the best plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

As Sterling is already owned by something like 30%, will it not be alot harder for him to gain rises?

I'm hoping to give Mata another week before I take him out.

That said, unless United get a few players back, Sunderland away is not going to be an easy fixture for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Chambers to Clyne or bank the transfer is what I'll do. Southampton were decent today.

• Advertisement

Chambers to Clyne or bank the transfer is what I'll do. Southampton were decent today.

Sorry if i sound like a complete tool. But what does the term "bank the transfer " actually mean?? Noticed a few of ye saying it now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Sorry if i sound like a complete tool. But what does the term "bank the transfer " actually mean?? Noticed a few of ye saying it now

Gives you two transfers next week.
    Can't keep banking though, two is the most you can have.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I've made the Mata -> Sigurdsson move now! Having Rooney up front makes it acceptable! My plan is to work towards a 3-5-2 formation now. Ill get Zamora/Vaz Te in for Fletcher next week and possibly bump James (Leicester) up to Silva then with the extra cash as I've no City players currently and he looked sharp today.

Working towards a frontline of

Fabregas---Ramsey---Sigurdsson---Sterling---Silva

Costa
    Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

G1032 wrote: »
    It is a tough call but leading towards Mata out. I do have Rooney. I've no doubt that Mata will outscore Siggy over a season but Siggy is a must at 6.0m. He's going up by 0.2 or 0.3 this week and early season price rises like that can't be let slip by either. Even if Siggy does well for only 5 or 6 weeks he'll be sold on at big profit.

Man City and Spurs away next for Sterling...In theory he should not score too many points in those games...Im thinking about selling him for Siggy and keeping Mata.
    Then hopefully next week I bank my transfer and get back in Sterling for no hit for gw4.

Hopefully....

This would all depend on Sterling's value not increasing and many other factors!!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just made a bold call. Brought in Siggy and withdrew ramsey from my team. Ramsey has Everton away leicester away and man city home as next fixtures.. Sigurdsson has two winnable home games next so hopefully he does the business for me. Still debating bringing in a defender , it will cost me 4 points now but all my defenders have away games next week so it might be worth the 4 points drop. I shall wait until after tomorrow night to see.

Ramsey you'll soon learn (the hard way now unfortunately) will always pick up points however unlikely it may seem.

Everton away? Ramsey will not baulk at that. Fear the man, the beast, the man who brought a segment of this forum to its knees. When the wind blows you can sometimes hear it whisper: "Rambo"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

JR6 wrote: »
    Man City and Spurs away next for Sterling...In theory he should not score too many points in those games...Im thinking about selling him for Siggy and keeping Mata.

Interesting to note that Sterling scored against Man City and Spurs away last year. Not necessarily going to happen again, but he does tend to thrive when given space to counter.

Ramsey you'll soon learn (the hard way now unfortunately) will always pick up points however unlikely it may seem.

Everton away? Ramsey will not baulk at that. Fear the man, the beast, the man who brought a segment of this forum to its knees. When the wind blows you can sometimes hear it whisper: "Rambo"....

aite biy relax

Then hopefully next week I bank my transfer and get back in Sterling for no hit for gw4.

Hopefully....

This would all depend on Sterling's value not increasing and many other factors!!! :confused:

Siggy needs to be brought in tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

aite biy relax

Perfectly relaxed as I have Ramsey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Perfectly relaxed as I have Ramsey :)

He wil learn....

One does not sell Ramsey.....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

aite biy relax

What?

Interesting to note that Sterling scored against Man City and Spurs away last year. Not necessarily going to happen again, but he does tend to thrive when given space to counter.

Really? Well that throws a spanner in the works! Makes sense with the speed he has...

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Is it tonight or tomorrow night the price rises happen? Ideally I'd like the Chelsea game out of the way before pulling the trigger on a siggy transfer.

Siggy needs to be brought in tonight....

For who? Mata or Sterling?!!

For who? Mata or Sterling?!!

Mata. Have your flexi units run out our something and you can't text me??!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Team for next week

DDG
    Hutton Terry (chambers, hooiveld or rio?)
    Siggy Silva Fab Rambo
    Giroud Rooney Costa

Plan was to swap Giroud for Bony after week 1 regardless, but looking at my defence I need some cheap spurs/hull/Soton/Swansea coverage..

should I stick to original plan
    revert to swapping a defender(but who?)
    or jus bank the transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

SkySter wrote: »
    Is it tonight or tomorrow night the price rises happen? Ideally I'd like the Chelsea game out of the way before pulling the trigger on a siggy transfer.

almost certain that siggy will go up tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Thinking of dumping Coutinho for Siggy? An I mad? Didn't see the game but listening to it it seems Coutinho didn't get much service at all today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

keep or dump jovetic and if he goes who for? nothing in the bank :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

SkySter wrote: »

Every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

kwestfan08 wrote: »
    Thinking of dumping Coutinho for Siggy? An I mad? Didn't see the game but listening to it it seems Coutinho didn't get much service at all today.

I just did that exact move. 2 million to improve my back line so happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭yozico

keep or dump jovetic and if he goes who for? nothing in the bank :(

Am in the same boat. Thinking of goin for Riviere or Pelle...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

yozico wrote: »
    Am in the same boat. Thinking of goin for Riviere or Pelle...

may well take a hit and dump jovetic and baines for costa and chester

Done.
    Mata out Siggy in. 3m itb. Can now afford upgrade of Costa to Aguero if required.
    I missed the Ramsey boat last season and it cost me a fair bit of money when all was said and done. Not letting the same mistakes ruin another season for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Done.
    Mata out Siggy in. 3m itb. Can now afford upgrade of Costa to Aguero if required.
    I missed the Ramsey boat last season and it cost me a fair bit of money when all was said and done. Not letting the same mistakes ruin another season for me.

Exact same problem I had, We learn from our mistakes :P

Advertisement