Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

Indeed I haven't. And I'm very reluctant to shift Eriksen after just one week, it'd be rather knee-jerk. You make a good point about Spurs' disadvantage yesterday, the game plan probably went out the window after the sending off. I don't think I'll move him out, particularly with the home fixture versus QPR next week. I would like to bring Siggy in though, so will look for another avenue.

Spurs also kept a clean sheet despite being without Walker, Vertonghen and then down to 10 men after Naughton was sent off. They also have some decent fixtures in comparison to the other top teams. There are a few positives inclining me to give Eriksen/Lamela another couple of games at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Thoughts so far would be Mata out, Fabregas in.

Possibly Sanchez out? Or is it too early to make that call? Fabregas may not perform after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

I put this in the match day thread but prob more appropriate here..

Had Sterling, Debuchy, Ramsey and Siggy in my draft team but took them all out Friday. Ouch! Mainly to accommodate Sanchez. Have to say he looked more like a provider of goals rather than a goal scorer out wide last night. Admittedly only one game but what are other people's thoughts on him?

If Costa performs well, it may well be wild card time. Very reluctant to use it so early but if Costa does well I will be well behind my rivals already. Has anyone used the wildcard this early in then past?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ChoiChoi

At the moment coutinho can't get out of my team quick enough absolute muck, I don't know why I got him he was muck for me last season as well, thought maybe he'd progressed a bit. Hope he can at least get an assist. Will be bringing siggy in for him tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

I've played my wildcard in week one for the last 3 seasons and this won't be any different. 2 of my 4.5 fillers didn't start and I didn't think Sigurdsson would hit the ground running. Just debating whether I get on a second bandwagon and swap out Bojan for Berahino while I'm at it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Mata to Sterling may be a possibility in a week or two if Utd keep going as they did yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

sionnach wrote: »
    I've played my wildcard in week one for the last 3 seasons and this won't be any different. 2 of my 4.5 fillers didn't start and I didn't think Sigurdsson would hit the ground running. Just debating whether I get on a second bandwagon and swap out Bojan for Berahino while I'm at it
    If you are on wildcard it would make sense. May make some on him and his five fixtures are not too bad. After that though, time to ship him out again.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Mata to Sterling may be a possibility in a week or two if Utd keep going as they did yesterday.

The next few days are huge for United.
    They have to spend big and if they do, they have some appealing fixtures coming up. I'd wait a few days and see how they fare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

El festino wrote: »
    If Costa performs well, it may well be wild card time. Very reluctant to use it so early but if Costa does well I will be well behind my rivals already. Has anyone used the wildcard this early in then past?
    I used mine at exactly this point in the first GW 2 years ago and finished in the top 600.

My view is that you use the wildcard when you realise your team is sh1te. If you're really lucky you may not need it. I hate using it to chase price rises as I always seem to end up with a worse after than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭G1032

Obviously I need to get Siggy in. Wouldn't mind some help in deciding who to sell. Mata or Sterling?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I think I might wildcard, I have 3 United players that have to go and Jovetic won't be a guaranteed starter after this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

G1032 wrote: »
    Obviously I need to get Siggy in. Wouldn't mind some help in deciding who to sell. Mata or Sterling?

It'd be a brave man to say Sterling

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

PARlance wrote: »

Sell Sterling - I want to get him in in a few weeks and would be nice if there wasn't a price rise involved. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Trying to decide on my transfer. Anyone have any thoughts?

I think it's too early to get rid of Sanchez, especially with his assist so I'll hang on to him for now. Thinking of either getting rid of Lovren, as I'm not sure I fancy Liverpool to get many clean sheets and they have City next week

Or getting rid of Mata and bringing in either Sterling or Fabregas.

PARlance wrote: »
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Sell Sterling - I want to get him in in a few weeks and would be nice if there wasn't a price rise involved. :P

Looking like it's gotta be Mata alright. Trouble is a lot will still have him and I could lose ground if he performs next week

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Looking like it's gotta be Mata alright. Trouble is a lot will still have him and I could lose ground if he performs next week

I hope Sterling runs into Yaya next week myself... Out for 6 games as a result.

I'll bring him in after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Thinking of just bringing in Ki and giving Mata another chance, would be hopeful sterling doesn't hurt me against city next week.

Will probably end up bringing Sterling in for Mata or Nasri though.

I imagine Sterling will have a lot more trouble against City.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I learned last season after Mata's 18 points(?) against Newcastle not to transfer him out too early. Will be sticking with him for at least a few more matches, especially with RvP still to return

Yeah, I'm holding onto Mata for a couple more weeks for that exact reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Cameron out for another 4m defender, not sure who yet. The joys of already having Siggy & Sterling :P

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Anyone think Januzaj could be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

dakid wrote: »
    Anyone think Januzaj could be an option?

Wit start unless LVG abandons his system and goes 4231 like he did in the second half. In that case, would be worth a punt. Nani linked to Sporting as part of the Rojo deal too, so less competition...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Won't go for sterling I'd say, Lamela or Mata to Siggy and bank the change

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Will hold mata too, I'd never start with a 9m mid I didn't give at least 3 games to produce something. I remember that from bale a couple of seasons back. Fair enough for changing cheapo defenders etc

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Will hold mata too, I'd never start with a 9m mid I didn't give at least 3 games to produce something. I remember that from bale a couple of seasons back. Fair enough for changing cheapo defenders etc
    Problem for me here though is I have to sell one of Mata or Sterling to get Siggy in. Siggy is a must have. Originally brought in Sterling for eel week 1 only but United's and Matas performances have made me think again. Don't know what to do.

Problem for me here though is I have to sell one of Mata or Sterling to get Siggy in. Siggy is a must have. Originally brought in Sterling for eel week 1 only but United's and Matas performances have made me think again. Don't know what to do.

Tough one! Mata could have one of those weeks where he blows up and gets 15 points whereas Sterling may well be kept quiet by City. Neither Utd or Liverpool played particular well this week. That's a decision that could go either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

If you want Sterling for his easy run from GW4 onwards just hold him. I think Mata will come good, but if you have Rooney it will be less of a blow if he performs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

If you want Sterling for his easy run from GW4 onwards just hold him. I think Mata will come good, but if you have Rooney it will be less of a blow if he performs

+1 hard to assess without knowing full team. Depends how you can use 3m during the downgrade. I'd still expect mata to outperform siggy by quite a bit over the season

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »
    +1 hard to assess without knowing full team. Depends how you can use 3m during the downgrade. I'd still expect mata to outperform siggy by quite a bit over the season

It is a tough call but leading towards Mata out. I do have Rooney. I've no doubt that Mata will outscore Siggy over a season but Siggy is a must at 6.0m. He's going up by 0.2 or 0.3 this week and early season price rises like that can't be let slip by either. Even if Siggy does well for only 5 or 6 weeks he'll be sold on at big profit.

Advertisement