Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Chesty08 wrote: »
    40,000 transfers already for Giroud... Looks like he will drop in value. Lloris 20,000 transfers in, could rise in value too.

Will I take the hit?

Are you seriously considering a 4 point hit for McShane?

I wouldn't make any of those transfers this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

40,000 transfers already for Giroud... Looks like he will drop in value. Lloris 20,000 transfers in, could rise in value too.

Will I take the hit?

No, just do Griroud to Bony if thats what you fancy. The keeper swap is just plain ridiculous - a 4 point hit just so you can possibly get a claen sheet in GW 2 - how is GW 3 looking for Lloris? The a 4 point hit for McShane? Holy god.

Actually scrap all that, just do it - be funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

frimpong wrote: »
    I'm considering Kaboul alright. But with him, Vertonghen, Dawson, Chirches and Dier all competing for 2 starting places, a spurs centre back centre back could be dodgy.

Couple that with the fact that Kaboul didn't have the best of games.

Hard to predict who will play at the weekend.

But worth remembering that Spurs will play on Thursday away in the EL. So might get some idea from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

kennyb3 wrote: »
    No, just do Griroud to Bony if thats what you fancy. The keeper swap is just plain ridiculous - a 4 point hit just so you can possibly get a claen sheet in GW 2 - how is GW 3 looking for Lloris? The a 4 point hit for McShane? Holy god.

I agree. Buy McShane. What's 4 points? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Couple that with the fact that Kaboul didn't have the best of games.

Hard to predict who will play at the weekend.

But worth remembering that Spurs will play on Thursday away in the EL. So might get some idea from that.

I wish I could wait until the EL game Thursday but Davies will drop tonight so I have to make a deicision today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Never looked at price drop prediction websites before this week so I'm new to understanding how accurate they are. 3 players I'm interested in are Young, Mata and Jovetic and think Young's most likely to drop this week. But there's a huge difference between Total FPL and FPL Statistics - the first says Young's at 41%, the second says 57%. For Mata it's 21%/51%! For Jovetic 9%/21%.

Clearly one or both are very wrong at the moment, so I'm wondering do they converge as the season goes on and they tweak the formula? Or do we have to keep guessing which one is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I would keep Mata. He'll come good sooner rather than later. Jovetic on the other hand... with Aguero coming on for him @ 70mins-ish during GW1, I could see his time being limited in the first team.

Also re: Young, Rafael is fit for United (should start RWB) and Shaw will be LWB when he's fit. Young could be worth a shot in the meantime, but there could very well be rotation given how poorly the team was going forward in GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Never looked at price drop prediction websites before this week so I'm new to understanding how accurate they are. 3 players I'm interested in are Young, Mata and Jovetic and think Young's most likely to drop this week. But there's a huge difference between Total FPL and FPL Statistics - the first says Young's at 41%, the second says 57%. For Mata it's 21%/51%! For Jovetic 9%/21%.

Clearly one or both are very wrong at the moment, so I'm wondering do they converge as the season goes on and they tweak the formula? Or do we have to keep guessing which one is better?

Yep, it's pretty much the bolded part. Should be pretty accurate by GW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

MagicIRL wrote: »
    I would keep Mata. He'll come good sooner rather than later. Jovetic on the other hand... with Aguero coming on for him @ 70mins-ish during GW1, I could see his time being limited in the first team.

Also re: Young, Rafael is fit for United (should start RWB) and Shaw will be LWB when he's fit. Young could be worth a shot in the meantime, but there could very well be rotation given how poorly the team was going forward in GW1.

Young's time is up for me, probably get in JWP instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Anyone else go with Mcgeady this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

kennyb3 wrote: »

Lloris could potentially rise in value before the end of the week. LLoris I'm looking at as my long term GK.

Before a ball was kicked in GW1 I had Bony, due to fixtures plan was to go with Giroud and revert back to Bony before GW2.

McShane will play now Bruce is injured. Hull have a decent set of fixtures and for 4.0million looks solid compared to whats out there. My defensive coverage is weak as Chamber, Rio & Hooiveld are scoreless this week. But yeah a 4 point hit for Paul McShane is ridiculous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Really think anybody switching Mata out after week 1 is a total over reaction. United have Sunderland and three promoted teams the next 4 games probably 4 candidates for relegation. If United get in a decent midfielder he will be much more attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lloris could potentially rise in value before the end of the week. LLoris I'm looking at as my long term GK.

Before a ball was kicked in GW1 I had Bony, due to fixtures plan was to go with Giroud and revert back to Bony before GW2.

McShane will play now Bruce is injured. Hull have a decent set of fixtures and for 4.0million looks solid compared to whats out there. My defensive coverage is weak as Chamber, Rio & Hooiveld are scoreless this week. But yeah a 4 point hit for Paul McShane is ridiculous :)

Hull could very well revert to 4 at the back. McShane is far from nailed on imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FHFC wrote: »
    Hull could very well revert to 4 at the back. McShane is far from nailed on imo.

True! Scrap that thought, I'll put that down to a brain-fart!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Was thinking of swapping out Pieters for Clyne or possibly Vlaar which would free up £0.5m.

Maybe swap out Pieters and Bruce (back injury - 75% chance of playing) for Vlaar and Chester?

What you folks reckon?

Why was DDG your long term GK last week then? Have a little faith.

Bruce jarred his back, could easily be back.

I can understand 8pt hits for DGW's and for an Aguero to captain but not to get Lloris, bony & McShane.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

People need to seriously chill out. Have faith in the team you picked. Just because a player did well in one week, does not mean they are going to do well every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

People need to seriously chill out. Have faith in the team you picked. Just because a player did well in one week, does not mean they are going to do well every week.

Exactly people really need to relax. I am in a league with 30+ of us and i am about 7th in the league. The fella who is top by a good margin i have no doubt i will pass out in a few weeks. He has some odd decisions but they worked out well this week but over the season things balance out.

I am not going to make any changes for a week or two. I was tempted to downgrade Terry and Hazard after last night but stepped away and thought better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I'm in the patience boat as well. Mata may not have done well this week but he may have a stormer next week if United bring in players at the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any ideas guys on what I should do with this team?
    -----------------Green----------------- 

-Blackett-------Debuchy------Azpilicueta-     subs: Myhill,Wisdom,Bruce,Ahmadi

--Mata---Ramsey----Fabregas----Sterling--

------Giroud------Rooney-----Dzeko-------

I'd like to take out Giroud for Diego Costa, but I'd need to make 2m up elsewhere. Azpil out, Hutton in?

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Really think anybody switching Mata out after week 1 is a total over reaction. United have Sunderland and three promoted teams the next 4 games probably 4 candidates for relegation. If United get in a decent midfielder he will be much more attractive.

I agree. Its annoying he potentially could drop in price but meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

No. It's not necessarily an over reaction. Depends on what your other players are. I had a midfield of Ramsey, Mata, Fabregas, Isgrove and Sterling. IMO Siggy, at 6m, is an absolute must at this stage of the season. His price is rocketing and he'll be 6.3 by Saturday morning. Out of my midfield, Mata had to go in order to get Siggy in. My transferring out of Mata wasn't an over reaction of any sort. It came down to a choice between Sterling or Mata. I kept Sterling. He's likely to rise in price and can proven before he can score against any team. Mata will likely drop in price before Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I admittedly did immediately transfer out Mata for Fabregas last night. But that was because I really do not have faith in the so called Man Utd. revival. That said I'm sue I will regret it but Chelsea looked very, very strong last night.

I doubt I will be making any changes for a few weeks after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Its basic human emotion and essentially the same principal as how stock markets work.... it creates an active player market and potential for bargains, why not enjoy it???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I agree but I want to preserve team value and I'm looking at a 0.2 swing because Mata is going to go down at least 0.1 and Sterling up at least 0.1. The way the Mata transfers are going, he could go down 0.2.

The problem is that all the other players in his price point, Ramsey, Sterling and Fabregas, plus some below it, e.g. Siggy, all performed. People are now plumping for those and I don't blame them. Sterling may have City Monday night but he's in great form and playing for a team who scored a bucketload last season.

Mata was killer for me last season. I took him out just before he posted some big scores but I have him and Rooney and, with the team United fielded at the weekend, I feel one is probably enough. The bottom line is I only tend to have an attacker/midfielder from a team that are a top four team and United were not near that at the weekend.

I expect to go Mata to Sterling before 12 tonight. Yes, Mata may post some big scores but the question for me is will he post more than Sterling over the next few weeks and I don't think he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,753 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lemlin wrote: »
    I expect to go Mata to Sterling before 12 tonight. Yes, Mata may post some big scores but the question for me is will he post more than Sterling over the next few weeks and I don't think he will.

What about us that have Cesc, Ramsey, Sterling and Mata!? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

The problem is that all the other players in his price point, Ramsey, Sterling and Fabregas, plus some below it, e.g. Siggy, all performed. People are now plumping for those and I don't blame them.

I blame them for getting Ramsey in already in such big numbers. Madness knee jerk stuff and could come back to haunt them tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

8-10 wrote: »
    I blame them for getting Ramsey in already in such big numbers. Madness knee jerk stuff and could come back to haunt them tonight.

Some people don't even know about tonight.

I can see both sides of it. I can also see hits in a weeks time due to wanting other players too and then of course we'll have injuries. So be careful. Not to mention 'rests' post international duty. I'd really like to bank the transfer barring injuries.

Mata to Siggy is a bit jerky, but with the fixtures for Siggy i wouldnt want to be without unless I already had Bony.

Mata to Sterling is massively jerky though imho, given Sterlings next two fixtures agaisnt Mata's and their much more close price.

If someone had no faith in the Man U revival why do you have 2, 3 players of theirs? That's what I would ask myself. Being a sheep?

Being a sheep again following the masses?

I'll definitely give Mata at least one more week. Not just Mata but Man united. If say they are beat 1-0 by Sunderland that will definitely have me worrying.

That's a bigger sample size for both Mata and Man U.

I agree but I want to preserve team value and I'm looking at a 0.2 swing because Mata is going to go down at least 0.1 and Sterling up at least 0.1. The way the Mata transfers are going, he could go down 0.2.

The problem is that all the other players in his price point, Ramsey, Sterling and Fabregas, plus some below it, e.g. Siggy, all performed. People are now plumping for those and I don't blame them. Sterling may have City Monday night but he's in great form and playing for a team who scored a bucketload last season.

Mata was killer for me last season. I took him out just before he posted some big scores but I have him and Rooney and, with the team United fielded at the weekend, I feel one is probably enough. The bottom line is I only tend to have an attacker/midfielder from a team that are a top four team and United were not near that at the weekend.

Not being smart, just posing a legitimate question for debate, but why not Silva? At home as opposed to away GW 2 and see GW 3 fixture (can switch to Sterling after if needs be)! Both scored in first week. (okay Sterling got an assist and not booked).

Silva had more points per min last year also.

Makes no sense that Sterling is getting exponentially more transfers in. I understand more but not the degree of the gap. Sterling seems a bit flavour of the monthish.

Is it preserving team value or chasing team value?

I get that team value can help later, but the game is still all about points scored. Every year i see guys at top of leaderboard who make all their transfers on a friday night, avoiding more injuries and hits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Mata could be a real differential over the next few weeks. He is worth holding on to for a few weeks considering his fixtures. Sterling is a good player but could easily rack up a few blanks over the next few weeks.

Personally i will bank my transfer and adopt a wait and see approach. I am very happy with the team and still not sold on the sterling euphoria. A week ago Mata was a "must have". One game later and sterling is a "must have" and mata a "must drop". It's nonsensical knee-jerking.

If gerard scores a penalty next week he will be the most transferred in player for the week. The methodology of some FPL players leaves a lot to be desired.

I really hope Mata punishes a lot of people this week.

Advertisement