Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Another week another defeat :(

Despite having seven players left my opponent (journeyman) has six of them, including same captain (Aguero). Only the unlikely scenario of Hart scoring nine points tomorrow could salvage me even a point.

Relegation beckons!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lost to Busts already, all the differentials went the wrong way.

Must be skirting close to the relegation zone at this stage haven't won in ages.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Donal is leading me by 4 points. I have his remaining players, so it's down to my last differential to make up those last 4 points and that is.... Danny Rose.

Should have played Dawson :(

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

A 5th win in a row puts me on the podium for the first time this year :D. It will be very hard to catch Game of Throw-Ins though (and my podium finish is faaar from secured!). But there's still hope ;).

Donal is leading me by 4 points. I have his remaining players, so it's down to my last differential to make up those last 4 points and that is.... Danny Rose.

Should have played Dawson :(

Hard luck - we were both in the same boat with points on the bench. 52 points now, delighted that I'm pretty secure until next year now.

• Advertisement

I'm right back into the relegation zone with almost everyone around me winning :( Ridiculously tight down the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

There are three of us on 43 points and then another three up to 46 points. I can't see myself winning this weekend as I've only three DGWers and one is Remy who may not even feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ye its very close for the last relegation spot looks like close to 50 pts will be needed for safety.

Ye its very close for the last relegation spot looks like close to 50 pts will be needed for safety.

Are three definitely going down or what happens? CSF mentioned earlier in the season that some posters may not/would not be able to take up their positions in the various leagues so was it ever confirmed what way that will be dealt with?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    Are three definitely going down or what happens? CSF mentioned earlier in the season that some posters may not/would not be able to take up their positions in the various leagues so was it ever confirmed what way that will be dealt with?

Interesting, this will need to be sorted asap if provision hasn't already been made for it. Hard to know what is fairest but all new entries will obviously come into the lowest division.

Another loss for me this week, this league has turned into a disaster for me despite my scores remaining as steady as ever, hanging onto second on points difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,981 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lads, lads, lads, panic not. I come prepared for these kind of things.

This was posted a long long time ago in the original Premier League thread if anyone wants to clarify. If a person from the FSA Premier League cannot or does not claim their place next year, their place would then go to the higher points scorer between 18th in FSA Premier League, and 4th in the Championship. If 2 people don't take their place, then both these guys would get a place.

If 3 people don't take a place, then the higher scorer between 19th, and 5th in the Championship, and so on, and so on.

CSF wrote: »
    Lads, lads, lads, panic not. I come prepared for these kind of things.

This was posted a long long time ago in the original Premier League thread if anyone wants to clarify. If a person from the FSA Premier League cannot or does not claim their place next year, their place would then go to the higher points scorer between 18th in FSA Premier League, and 4th in the Championship. If 2 people don't take their place, then both these guys would get a place.

If 3 people don't take a place, then the higher scorer between 19th, and 5th in the Championship, and so on, and so on.

That's as fair a system as any.

*Checks scores of top teams in the championship*

Balls.

Lemlin wrote: »
    That's as fair a system as any.

Just to clarify, incase people haven't read through every thread (perfectly reasonable......I guess), this rule applies for every league except League 2. If you're in the bottom 3 of League 2 there is no chance of reprieve, regardless of attrition.

I think it's the fairest way to go because the guy who came 18th in the league had to play me twice, whereas the guy who came 4th in the Championship did not so naturally has an advantage.

Just to clarify, incase people haven't read through every thread (perfectly reasonable......I guess), this rule applies for every league except League 2. If you're in the bottom 3 of League 2 there is no chance of reprieve, regardless of attrition.

I think it's the fairest way to go because the guy who came 18th in the league had to play me twice, whereas the guy who came 4th in the Championship did not so naturally has an advantage.

Just to confirm, by points do you mean head to head points or overall points?

Dónal wrote: »
    Just to confirm, by points do you mean head to head points or overall points?

Overall. It'd be a given that the head to head points would be bigger for the Champ team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

It's squeaky bum time! :eek:

Up against Nevercaptaincleverly

A must win fixture in the relegation dogfight zone

Reckon RoryC has me beat this week, much better set up for the double GW than myself.

Looks like a loss for me. Poor Leeds the way looks like being relegated this week despite having a very good week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

It's squeaky bum time! :eek:

Up against Nevercaptaincleverly

A must win fixture in the relegation dogfight zone

I should have captained Cleverly!

• Advertisement

Looks like a loss for me. Poor Leeds the way looks like being relegated this week despite having a very good week
    Yeah unless Sanchez has the blinder of his life I should get the 3 pts. But how come you played Panti ahead of Courtois :eek:?

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah unless Sanchez has the blinder of his life I should get the 3 pts. But how come you played Panti ahead of Courtois :eek:?

I've already ranted about this in the match day thread. This was an idiotic brainfart that I only noticed after the deadline :(

I've already ranted about this in the match day thread. This was an idiotic brainfart that I only noticed after the deadline :(
    Ah sorry about that. I was out all afternoon yesterday and was not aware of it. Sorry again for bringing back painful memories to your mind :o.

All I can sincerely wish you now is Schlupp scoring a brace vs Chelsea to lessen your regrets ;).

iroced wrote: »
    Ah sorry about that. I was out all afternoon yesterday and was not aware of it. Sorry again for bringing back painful memories to your mind :o.

All I can sincerely wish you now is Schlupp scoring a brace vs Chelsea to lessen your regrets ;).
    I'd still like the Terry clean sheets ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bloody Zarquon is on his way to another victory, with time running out he may have one hand on the trophy already, I had such high hopes for this one:(

Reckon RoryC has me beat this week, much better set up for the double GW than myself.

Unless Azpi can make up a 13 point deficient against Fabregas, I've called this one right :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Another 1pt defeat, small small margins in this league.

Nearly all the bottom half the table lost this week. Fascinating relegation battle although barring a gigantic swing for Erzgebirge we are only fighting to navigate away from 1 spot now.

Lemlin v Iago this week is the ultimate six-pointer.

I'd still like the Terry clean sheets ;)
    See what you've done ?! You jinxed it! Schlupp was supposed to be the hero in my plan (and I never mentionned Terry, while losing the CS, would not go on and score) :p :pac:...

A 6th win in a row for me. Unfortunately zarquon won and Swiper too (Gillespie winning would have suited me better to move up 1 position :p).

Ah well I can only congratulate you for your consistency guys and be real happy to be in that position when I've been close to get involved in the relegation battle back in December.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Nearly all the bottom half the table lost this week. Fascinating relegation battle although barring a gigantic swing for Erzgebirge we are only fighting to navigate away from 1 spot now.

Delighted to be the exception to that rule, ending a 6 match losing streak (incl 2 one point losses) and easing the relegation chatter in the local press.

Advertisement