Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Iroced beating me by 5 if I calculated everything right. Comes down to Giroud v Bellerin + 5 tomorrow. A loss here and I'm struggling to stay up.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    I lead Busts 74 to 56. He needs 18 points from Ozil + whatever Giroud scores.

Game over well done lemlin

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Game over well done lemlin

Hopefully. That win should keep me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

unless Bellerin gets 6 points Zarquon will win his tie and his 5 point lead will go into the final two games, I should win this week unless Ramsey goes mental and it sounds like iroced will win also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I could yet get beaten by an automatic substitution in my game against Journeymen :eek:

As it stands I'm on 76 v 80(-4)

We both have Bellerin & Sanchez. Journeymen has Ramsey, and I have Giroud.

If Ramsey doesn't play he has Henderson coming in as first sub on 7 points meaning I'll need a hell of a return from Giroud.

Either way I'll probably need Giroud to pick up a goal at least to outscore Ramsey/Henderson

Nail biting stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Trail Never Captain Cleverly by 1 point with it all coming down to my Kos vs Belerin. Come on ya big bonus point whore ya Koscielny!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Iroced beating me by 5 if I calculated everything right. Comes down to Giroud v Bellerin + 5 tomorrow. A loss here and I'm struggling to stay up.
    6. 6 pts ahead :P.

And yeah your Giroud vs my Bellerin. Hopefully they play so we have a fair "fight" ;).
    unless Bellerin gets 6 points Zarquon will win his tie and his 5 point lead will go into the final two games, I should win this week unless Ramsey goes mental and it sounds like iroced will win also.
    Oh oh oh it's far from done for me. And if Bellerin is rested I only have 1 pt coming from the bench. Didn't see the PVA CS coming.

But yeah a Bellerin masterclass tomorrow would suit me doubly then ;).

iroced wrote: »
    6. 6 pts ahead :P.

Bertrand is coming in for Azpi for 1 point, 5 points ahead :p

Bertrand is coming in for Azpi for 1 point, 5 points ahead :p
    Ah yeah :pac:. I had actually seen it... Well it could really go either way. I'm very afraid of Giroud to be honest. He hasn't scored in a little while. Swansea are blowing hot & cold. And I'm afraid he'll end this while tomorrow and make me regret my choice of going for Benteke...

Well that was anti climatic :rolleyes: Congrats on the 3 points.

I'm in trouble now.

• Advertisement

I'm in trouble now.
    Cheers. But in the end I got "punished" too with Arsenal losing the CS :p. I asked for a fair fight between Giroud & Bellerin. Well 2-2 it couldn't be fairer :pac:... Which suits me.

Best of luck for your next 2 games.

--

As for me, 8th win in a row :). But unfortunately (for me) zarquon & Swiper maintain the same "winning" rhythm than me. zarquon is getting very close to the graal now.

The good news is with both gillespie and irish son losing I secured a top 3 finish. Direct qualification to the Champions League :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Iago wrote: »
    I could yet get beaten by an automatic substitution in my game against Journeymen :eek:

As it stands I'm on 76 v 80(-4)

We both have Bellerin & Sanchez. Journeymen has Ramsey, and I have Giroud.

If Ramsey doesn't play he has Henderson coming in as first sub on 7 points meaning I'll need a hell of a return from Giroud.

Either way I'll probably need Giroud to pick up a goal at least to outscore Ramsey/Henderson

Nail biting stuff!

A draw is a fair result! That point could be very useful in the relegation battle for you

• Registered Users Posts: 32,982 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm in trouble now.
    Still only a point between you and Iago for that last relegation place. Daithi not out of it yet either if you both pick up from. I'm mathematically safe at last. Thank f*ck. After the first couple of weeks I looked like I might really struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Cheers. But in the end I got "punished" too with Arsenal losing the CS :p. I asked for a fair fight between Giroud & Bellerin. Well 2-2 it couldn't be fairer :pac:... Which suits me.

Best of luck for your next 2 games.

--

As for me, 8th win in a row :). But unfortunately (for me) zarquon & Swiper maintain the same "winning" rhythm than me. zarquon is getting very close to the graal now.

The good news is with both gillespie and irish son losing I secured a top 3 finish. Direct qualification to the Champions League :D.

One more win needed for the title. 7 wins in a row currently. Last time i was beaten was by you!

Has the table been updated this week yet? I'm showing on 46 points now but thought I should have 49 after my win this week. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself though...

Nah not updated yet.

zarquon wrote: »
    One more win needed for the title. 7 wins in a row currently. Last time i was beaten was by you!

Looks good for you now alright. The loss of Bellerins cs last night didn't worry me too much for the 4 points but I knew that it probably ended this league for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Table updated now. Despite another 1 point loss due to Arsenals late cock up results elsewhere leave me safe. Friends in Loew Places are officially on the beach baby!! :)

FHFC wrote: »
    Table updated now. Despite another 1 point loss due to Arsenals late cock up results elsewhere leave me safe. Friends in Loew Places are officially on the beach baby!! :)

The Commandos are also safe. 6 points off relegation and I've a 60 point lead so can't see that being overturned.

So who's going down and who's coming up? Two relegated already and probably a three way battle to avoid the last drop spot. Similar to the other less important Barcleys Premier League.

• Advertisement

ronan.h and jeju are gone. I'm favourite to fill the final spot, though Iago is close as well. Off chance dathijjj could get sucked in too.

ronan.h and jeju are gone. I'm favourite to fill the final spot, though Iago is close as well. Off chance dathijjj could get sucked in too.

Third person could get a reprieve yet. There's at least one person in the PL that won't be taking up their place next season.

Yeah. I tried my best. Since GW15 included I'm on 17 wins 5 losses (and 12W 5L on the return legs). I also beat both you and Swiper in the process. But I think I started from too far away and well fair play to both of you to hold your positions :)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Crucial win against already relegated Jeju to take me up to 47.

Excluding Lemlin because of his points difference there are still four of us that could mathematically go down.

I need to win one of my last two to be safe.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Third person could get a reprieve yet. There's at least one person in the PL that won't be taking up their place next season.

I reckon I'd need a 2nd person to drop out to get away with it, most of the people vying for 4th in the championship have a better points total than me. Would rather survive on merit anyway :D

Crucial win against already relegated Jeju to take me up to 47.

Excluding Lemlin because of his points difference there are still four of us that could mathematically go down.

I need to win one of my last two to be safe.

I knew that hammering of Swiper earlier in the season would help in the long run ;)

Leading Thunderdog by 1 pt but his team is in a better shape for this DGW (his 2 Sunderland def could well make the difference in his favour).

One of my differential (Kane) failed. Need my second one (Hazard) to shine if I want to keep alive the hope of winning this league.

Though Game of Throw In looks like winning again (great call Schlupp over Hendo :cool:).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

What a difference Mane could have made if I wasn't tempted into the DGW madness :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

. Need my second one (Hazard) to shine if I want to keep alive the hope of winning this league.

No, you don't! A big game from Hazard will almost certainly win me the title as he's my biggest differential

• Advertisement

No, you don't! A big game from Hazard will almost certainly win me the title as he's my biggest differential

Brilliant, and if anyone understands the meaning of touché it's our resident French teacher:pac:

I'm no longer in contention anyway, it's been a blast.:(

Advertisement