Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

34 + Sterling vs Ivory Toast's 30. Barring something very odd I should get the three points.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Beating Lemlin courtesy of the fact I got a clean sheet from Dawson and Foster went off early for him. A thoroughly woeful performance from both of us. He needs Sturridge to bridge a 5 point gap against Sterling, so all to play for tomorrow.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Leading Game of Throw-Ins by 10 pts with my Terry vs his bertrand left.

Looks good to end my 3 defeats in a row but a Saints 1-0 win (with a Berty assist) to a Chelsea team still dazed and confused is not an impossible scenario to contemplate (add a Terry YC and 3 BPs to Berty and here it is... 4 in a row :eek: :p).

Terry & Berty drew 2-2 so my 34 pts are worth a 10 pts win. Some weeks you just have to forget about it all and just take the points :D :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Beating Lemlin courtesy of the fact I got a clean sheet from Dawson and Foster went off early for him. A thoroughly woeful performance from both of us. He needs Sturridge to bridge a 5 point gap against Sterling, so all to play for tomorrow.

A Sturridge goal in a 1-0 win and 3 bonus with no Sterling involvement would be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Your paupers are gonna get the win unless Siggy and Talyor fail to get more than 2 points. I'm on a bad run at the moment in this league.

Yes indeedy, that was a huge high point for me in a very crappy gameweek, stops the rot anyway after four losses on the trot.
    Other results seem to have gone my way also but Gillespie road moves into second.

• Advertisement

A fairly pathetic 25 - 23 victory for me over Lemlin, but a victory none the less. Foster's 55th minute substitution cruelly made the difference in a week where every point was precious. Takes me to 7 games unbeaten and 6 points clear of the relegation spots.

First half of the season I couldn't buy a win, now I can't seem to lose :o.

Up to 7th, 15 points off relegation. Hopefully am safe or close to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Boots 234 despite now having the highest overall score in the league is in 14th place. He has 1 more point than Swiper who is top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Boots 234 despite now having the highest overall score in the league is in 14th place. He has 1 more point than Swiper who is top.

Ya I can't seem to get a winning run together and keep losing by a few points each week. Been hovering above relegation all season and can't get away from it! There are a few potential 6 pointers in the bottom half next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Just realised I'm playing Lemlin in this. I remember the days when that used to be a big deal!! :D

Not looking good either, trailing by 8 with John Terry my only hope.

• Advertisement

Leading Swiper by 5 pts. When my Myhill and his Naylor will have come in my lead will be reduced to 3 pts. We both have Hazard. So it's down to my Terry vs his Ivanovic...

Actually can't believe the situation I'm in considering my Aguero (C) vs his Kane (C).

FHFC wrote: »
    Just realised I'm playing Lemlin in this. I remember the days when that used to be a big deal!! :D

Not looking good either, trailing by 8 with John Terry my only hope.

Hoping to hold on but can see it being tight.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hoping to hold on but can see it being tight.

Unless Terry scores or assists I'm beat.

Leading Swiper by 5 pts. When my Myhill and his Naylor will have come in my lead will be reduced to 3 pts. We both have Hazard. So it's down to my Terry vs his Ivanovic...

Actually can't believe the situation I'm in considering my Aguero (C) vs his Kane (C).

You have Silva and Giroud, I have Siggy and Defoe.
    Not that hard to understand:P

I am confident that either Ivan or Terry will score today, hope it's my guy.:o

You have Silva and Giroud, I have Siggy and Defoe.
    Not that hard to understand:P
    Didn't really know your team, just knew you captained Kane so when he got his hat-trick forgot about that H2H.

Couldn't anticipate that you just can't build a strong squad :P...
    I am confident that either Ivan or Terry will score today, hope it's my guy.:o
    I'm very much afraid Ivan will outscore Terry :o...

Didn't really know your team, just knew you captained Kane so when he got his hat-trick forgot about that H2H.

Couldn't anticipate that you just can't build a strong squad :P...

I'm very much afraid Ivan will outscore Terry :o...

Well I really hope he does. My team value is dreadful so I can only see my overall rank going one way from here on. I could still win this league though with a bit of luck, starting today. Gillespie road and Zarquon are both going to win this week so my lead will only be on points difference unless Ivan does me the business.

Well I really hope he does. My team value is dreadful so I can only see my overall rank going one way from here on. I could still win this league though with a bit of luck, starting today. Gillespie road and Zarquon are both going to win this week so my lead will only be on points difference unless Ivan does me the business.

I'm 13 behind gillispie rd with ivan and austin to come. Not over yet.

I'm 13 behind gillispie rd with ivan and austin to come. Not over yet.

Great, never looked at teams, only the scores so far:o

A goal for Austin and a clean sheet for Chelsea should do it.

Great, never looked at teams, only the scores so far:o

A goal for Austin and a clean sheet for Chelsea should do it.

Ye and boy do I need it for the overall game. Could take or leave the 3 pts in this.

Not necessarily. Sanchez and Aguero late performances and form should give you a lot of hope ;). For what I remember it was the same last year. Suarez faded in the end (though I feel it was later than that) and money was not that much an advantage in the last 5-6 GWs.

But you have not to be stubborn and 1) bloody sell Defoe, 2) not repeat this stubborness mistake :p.

• Advertisement

Not necessarily. Sanchez and Aguero late performances and form should give you a lot of hope ;). For what I remember it was the same last year. Suarez faded in the end (though I feel it was later than that) and money was not that much an advantage in the last 5-6 GWs.

But you have not to be stubborn and 1) bloody sell Defoe, 2) not repeat this stubborness mistake :p.

As always hindsight is 20/20. If I had known that Defoe would lose value to such an extent I would have dumped him.
    But if I had the situation over again and the fixtures he had would I have taken a -4 to dump him, I don't think so. It's not really stubbornness that is the issue, I fancied him to score when others probably didn't. I can recall a couple of occasions yesterday when he should have scored and going on his historical form he would have buried, he's been unlucky in previous matches also, I'm almost certain he was denied a couple of penalties which he may even have taken.
    Meanwhile Giroud has gone on a run of form and is taking chances that he'd usually miss 8 times out of 10.

Anyway I'd love a wildcard around now, as you say team value may not be all important but I'd like to shake up my team a bit.

As always hindsight is 20/20. If I had known that Defoe would lose value to such an extent I would have dumped him.
    But if I had the situation over again and the fixtures he had would I have taken a -4 to dump him, I don't think so. It's not really stubbornness that is the issue, I fancied him to score when others probably didn't. I can recall a couple of occasions yesterday when he should have scored and going on his historical form he would have buried, he's been unlucky in previous matches also, I'm almost certain he was denied a couple of penalties which he may even have taken.
    Meanwhile Giroud has gone on a run of form and is taking chances that he'd usually miss 8 times out of 10.

Anyway I'd love a wildcard around now, as you say team value may not be all important but I'd like to shake up my team a bit.

Admittedly. But where I don't fully agree with you (about stubbornness) is Defoe was "out" for about 1 season and a half. He came back God knows in what kind of fitness/form, had a good start but "faded" quickly (nothing from QPR & WB back to back home games). That's where he started to go down in price. I'm surprised you didn't take a chance to dump him (even for a -4) during the DGW. If I "had" to point a "mistake" somewhere, that's where I'll direct you. Now, I'm not here to give you any lesson (our respective rankings speak for themselves anyway :p) but that'd be my advice/analysis of your situation ;).

You mentioned Giroud overperforming but he's been consistent enough since his arrival in the PL. He's not a top goalscorer. But a very decent one. And I believe a good "returner" for his price. He also plays for a much better team than Sunderland and has many quality players behind him to pass him the ball. So I think favouring Defoe over Giroud was a gamble and it didn't pay off. Also weren't people saying that Sunderland got key players injured/out in midfield which would negatively impact Defoe potential returns? Anyway, I think you'd not be 100% honest if you now say that only hindsight makes Giroud a better prospect than Defoe ;).

Unless Terry scores or assists I'm beat.

Huge result for the lads in this. I sat them down and explained that one Donegal team had already taken a title from Cavan this week and it wasn't to happen again!

We've eight cup finals to drag ourselves away from the drop now.

8 matches unbeaten. 7 wins from 8.

Lot of wins for the bottom teams by the looks of it, very competitive around the relegation zone.

A miserable 1-1 suits me :cool:. That's the sunshine of a "useless" GW for me.

We're 5 in 6 pts at the top now. Tiiiiiight :eek: :D.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Huge result for the lads in this. I sat them down and explained that one Donegal team had already taken a title from Cavan this week and it wasn't to happen again!

We've eight cup finals to drag ourselves away from the drop now.

Feck ya, lost with the third highest score in the league this week! :(

Easy to motivate your crew for such a big game I suppose....

Feck ya, lost with the third highest score in the league this week! :(

Easy to motivate your crew for such a big game I suppose....

Highest score in the league this week. The Commandos are back in action!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Extremely tight game against busts this week.

I currently lead 59 v 58 but he has Myhill (1) coming off the bench to tie it.

Our only differential is that I have Harte in goal.

After that it is down to subs as he has Alderweireld (2) coming on for Dawson

If PVA doesn't play I have Alderweireld (2) coming off the bench and he has Wollscheid (0) so I would be happier if PVA didn't play!

Extremely tight game against busts this week.

I currently lead 59 v 58 but he has Myhill (1) coming off the bench to tie it.

Our only differential is that I have Harte in goal.

After that it is down to subs as he has Alderweireld (2) coming on for Dawson

If PVA doesn't play I have Alderweireld (2) coming off the bench and he has Wollscheid (0) so I would be happier if PVA didn't play!
    could very well be a draw if hart gets 2 pts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Looking like it will be wins for the top 3 again. This will go right to the wire!

Advertisement