Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

zarquon wrote: »
    Looking like it will be wins for the top 3 again. This will go right to the wire!

I was really hoping that one of ye would slip up.
    4th and 5th are likely to lose so it's a three horse race almost certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I lead sooner or later 71 69 we both have austin capt silva and Aguero to go he also has Hart. I need 2 palace goals and less than 3 saves to grab the win. Either way however loses this one will be unlucky as we have 2 of the higher scores in the league this week.

thanks to city conceding twice I scraped a 1 pt win. Should be just about safe now up to 46 pts.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Game of Throw ins brings my 9 match unbeaten run to a shuddering halt with a comprehensive victory :(

Still very tight down around the relegation zone.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Looking like it will be wins for the top 3 again. This will go right to the wire!
    I was really hoping that one of ye would slip up.
    4th and 5th are likely to lose so it's a three horse race almost certainly.

I guess I should rename my team "the Vincent Clerc effect" :D. It's always when you don't expect them that the Frenchies strike :D :pac:.

I see all the efforts you're putting in but let's admit it: what's the point in winning 119-47 ? Ya know my 55-54 got me 3 pts too :cool: (that's the real class, knowing just what you need from your squad to get the right results :p) . Such a huge amount of wasted points when only 4 of them would have suited you last GW :p? The race is still long. 7 hurdles left (2 doubles, 1 blank). At this rate you're gonna be on your last leg very soon :P.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

26 all in my tie with Donal

Our only remaining differential is my Austin v his Terry

Come on Charlie!

4th win in a row already in the bag here thanks to Alderweireld :D. Now all the top 3 to lose please :P.

Facing roryc with an almost identical team. Only real difference was my C. Dawson vs his Rose. They both got a miserable 1 pointer. So, in the end, my Alderweireld (vs his Bertrand) is going to give me the 3 pts.

If I didn't make any error in my adding I'm on 13 win out of my last 18 games :cool:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

26 all in my tie with Donal

Our only remaining differential is my Austin v his Terry

Come on Charlie!

Gee thanks Charlie :rolleyes:

Gee thanks Charlie :rolleyes:

I thought youd win too! Though with those three points ill be on 49, and should be safe.

Rooneys assist there ensures that I'll be off the top of the league for the first time in ages:(
    This H2H is a cruel mistress, it's the league that I want to win most of all despite no money being involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Trailing Game of Throw Ins by 6 with Sturridge and Migs left. After a long winless spell this is doable. Come on the Reds!

FHFC wrote: »
    Trailing Game of Throw Ins by 6 with Sturridge and Migs left. After a long winless spell this is doable. Come on the Reds!

Clean sheet and a Studge 2 pointer . I'm up against you next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Are you not on a - 4? I make it 10 points with Eriksen to sub in. A Sturridge blank should see me safe

A win should see me top hopefully.

Clean sheet and a Studge 2 pointer . I'm up against you next week.

Just noticed that. Will be very close with all the blanks.

Are you not on a - 4? I make it 10 points with Eriksen to sub in. A Sturridge blank should see me safe

A win should see me top hopefully.

Yeah. Forgot my hit. Still doable though! :)

Back to winning ways, great heart from the lads ;)

Lemlin's loss means I'm bumped up to 16th. Safety is one step closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Back to winning ways, great heart from the lads ;)

Lemlin's loss means I'm bumped up to 16th. Safety is one step closer.

Yep, I lose by a point. I may end the week in the relegation zone.

I suspect Leeds the Way and Erzgebirge Scrooge may have left it too late to escape at this point. It's going to be scrappy as hell to avoid that final spot.

I suspect Leeds the Way and Erzgebirge Scrooge may have left it too late to escape at this point. It's going to be scrappy as hell to avoid that final spot.

Yep, I may fail the one goal I set myself in this League - to not be relegated!

Yeah. Forgot my hit. Still doable though! :)

I'll be cheering you on anyway, i'll stay top if you can overtake the upstart, what exactly do you need?

• Advertisement

I'll be cheering you on anyway, i'll stay top if you can overtake the upstart, what exactly do you need?

Clean sheet and something from Sturridge will do it.

A 2nd win on the bounce brings me to 49 pts and an outside chance of a top 4 finish

Upstart??? I've been playing this game a lot longer than you ;)

Already the FSA league cup winner and going for the double here. :) Amazing really considering all the red arrows in the last 2 months!

Yeah. Forgot my hit. Still doable though! smile.png
    I'll be cheering too :D.

Nothing personal zarquon but with Gillespie's defeat & Swiper expected one too, if FHFC could at least force you to a draw I'd just be 1 win shy of a leading trio. Crazy considering I was something like 15-20 pts off top not so far ago :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Lemlin wrote: »
    Yep, I may fail the one goal I set myself in this League - to not be relegated!

You'll be very unlucky if you get relegated considering you have more points than the team in 2nd. H2H leagues are a bit of a lottery although Swiper deserves his win if he gets it.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    You'll be very unlucky if you get relegated considering you have more points than the team in 2nd. H2H leagues are a bit of a lottery although Swiper deserves his win if he gets it.

That's the thing about H2Hs, you just never know.

Clean sheet and something from Sturridge will do it.

Needing 9 points from Mignolet now, possible but unlikely!

Needing 9 points from Mignolet now, possible but unlikely!

Gonna lose by a point. :(

Gonna lose by a point. :(

That sturridge transfer screwed you over. Finally managed to knock Swiper off the throne too! :)

• Advertisement

That sturridge transfer screwed you over. Finally managed to knock Swiper off the throne too! :)

You're the only one winning around me. So it's an almost perfect H2H GW for me with the 3 players behind me losing and ditto 2 of the 3 ahead of me. I'm "securing" my 4th place ;).

Will be hoping for a "killer" draw between yourself & Gillespie next week while Swiper feels the contrecoup of losing the top spot. As for me hopefully I can make my 4 wins in a row 5 :).

Advertisement