Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

zarquon wrote: »
    No, you don't! A big game from Hazard will almost certainly win me the title as he's my biggest differential

Ah right... So Hazard can shine (a bit - yeah because my main goal this year is my OR -) if Terry and Bellerin both get a goal and Ivanovic gets sent off (or at least a YC and no CS). That should combine well enough to give me the 3 pts and deny them to you :p.

But in fairness the one who bets on these odds would be millionaire if it actually happens :pac:...
    Brilliant, and if anyone understands the meaning of touché it's our resident French teacher:pac:

I'm no longer in contention anyway, it's been a blast.:(
    Ahah :). Touché indeed. But not yet coulé :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Brilliant, and if anyone understands the meaning of touché it's our resident French teacher:pac:

I'm no longer in contention anyway, it's been a blast.:(

I wouldn't write your chances off this week just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    I wouldn't write your chances off this week just yet!

If Hazard wasn't to play any part I'd have a very slim chance of catching you but even then you'd have 5 from Huth. Failing that a couple of goals from Santi with nothing for Ramsey gives me a shot but to be honest Santi is probably favourite for the "rest" on Wednesday,
    Possibly a goal and clean sheet for Ivan also, I've a very tiny chance but it's very unlikely.
    Zarquon looks likely to wrap this up but his tie isn't dusted by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I think the odds are with him to be fair, dropping Mane for Larsson seems a big mistake in hindsight.

With Good Willian Hunting taking advantage of what seems to be an unchanged team from Erzgebirge Scrooge I would appear to be the odds on favourite for the final relegation spot :(

Not mathematically over obviously, but I'm feeling a bit like Steve Bruce at the moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Looks like I've lost to CSF this week. He's 3 points ahead with extra DGW players to go.

• Advertisement

Think I'm gonna stop at 8 wins in a row :o...

2 pts lead. My Bellerin vs Thunderdog's Panti + Giroud. I will need quite some situations going my way to win this one.

In the meantime, situations will have to be really unfavourable to zarquon to deny him the win he requires to put his hands on the trophy.

I'm not gonna say fair play just now in a circumstantially childish attempt to try and use reverse psychology but credits will be given when your triumph will be official ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lemlin wrote: »
    Looks like I've lost to CSF this week. He's 3 points ahead with extra DGW players to go.

Myhill's unlikely seven has turned this tie right on its head. I now lead 46-41 so CSF needs 5 from Panti for a draw or more for the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

5 points behind RoryC with my Bellerin and Larsson against his PVA, Cazorla and Giroud.

Will be looking for other results to go my way.

iroced wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna stop at 8 wins in a row :o...

2 pts lead. My Bellerin vs Thunderdog's Panti + Giroud. I will need quite some situations going my way to win this one.

In the meantime, situations will have to be really unfavourable to zarquon to deny him the win he requires to put his hands on the trophy.

I'm not gonna say fair play just now in a circumstantially childish attempt to try and use reverse psychology but credits will be given when your triumph will be official ;).

It almost went my way. Will keep my invincibility with a draw. My first this season.

And like I promised, congratulations to you zarquon :cool:. That some run you had to drive Swiper out of a top spot that looked promised to him for a while and to deny me the glory after my great come back. Not great enough to catch you. Fair play again. I let the last word to Clint ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

If Hazard wasn't to play any part I'd have a very slim chance of catching you but even then you'd have 5 from Huth. Failing that a couple of goals from Santi with nothing for Ramsey gives me a shot but to be honest Santi is probably favourite for the "rest" on Wednesday,
    Possibly a goal and clean sheet for Ivan also, I've a very tiny chance but it's very unlikely.
    Zarquon looks likely to wrap this up but his tie isn't dusted by any means.

Nice to finish with a big scalp and have a say in the destination of the title! :)

• Advertisement

It'd have changed nothing but just realised I drew despite getting the highest GW score of the league.

Well done to Zarquon, the first champion in what will hopefully be a long running competition. I had a huge lead at one time but never felt overly confident as I was sure that my low team value would count against me at the business end, still a bit of a disappointment as I would have loved this title more than any others I was challenging for.
    Anyway I'll be gunning for second place so will need g'wan the Deise to do me a favour at the weekend, well done and thanks to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

It'd have changed nothing but just realised I drew despite getting the highest GW score of the league.

Joint highest ;)

Congratulations Zarquon!

Need to win my last game now to be mathematically safe.

Zarquon, you should change your sig to make reference to your achievement, perhaps a mod can arrange some sort of star or trophy next to your name or similar. I know that I was planning something along those lines when I looked to be in the driving seat.
    Guaranteed respect:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well done to Zarquon, the first champion in what will hopefully be a long running competition. I had a huge lead at one time but never felt overly confident as I was sure that my low team value would count against me at the business end, still a bit of a disappointment as I would have loved this title more than any others I was challenging for.
    Anyway I'll be gunning for second place so will need g'wan the Deise to do me a favour at the weekend, well done and thanks to all.

I'm surprised you would class winning this over for example the boards pay league. Give me money and a high ranking over a h2h league with no money all day long. Having said that well done zarquon on winning this nice to be the FSA forums undisputed h2h top dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,981 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm surprised you would class winning this over for example the boards pay league. Give me money and a high ranking over a h2h league with no money all day long. Having said that well done zarquon on winning this nice to be the FSA forums undisputed h2h top dog.

Winning this is better than a number 1 ranking. This is the pinnacle, the big Daddy, where dreams are made, and careers lost.

AND ITS LIIIIVE

Overall rank is the bee all and end all, that's my first priority always.
    I'm not that bothered by my other leagues, I don't have thousands on the line, if I did I'd be more concerned.
    Call me a romantic fool but I would have loved to win this league it's given me more enjoyment than the other leagues throughout the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Overall rank is the bee all and end all, that's my first priority always.
    I'm not that bothered by my other leagues, I don't have thousands on the line, if I did I'd be more concerned.
    Call me a romantic fool but I would have loved to win this league it's given me more enjoyment than the other leagues throughout the season.

Call me a romantic fool, but i would have loved money :). This is a nice consolation though despite just falling outside the money places in the pay H2H.

Still, looking forward to that €20 of diesel - well worth a year of strategic planning :)

FSA Premier League and League cup double. Happy with that in my first full FSA season. Well done to all for maintaining a very high standard this season and to CSF for organising the leagues which certainly add to the enjoyment of the game for all of us here.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    Call me a romantic fool, but i would have loved money :). This is a nice consolation though despite just falling outside the money places in the pay H2H.

Still, looking forward to that €20 of diesel - well worth a year of strategic planning :)

FSA Premier League and League cup double. Happy with that in my first full FSA season. Well done to all for maintaining a very high standard this season and to CSF for organising the leagues which certainly add to the enjoyment of the game for all of us here.

Thanks man. I'm away for the last home game of the season this weekend but after that I'll give you a shout about getting prize sorted.

Still a relegation place to play for tomorrow so at least the last days not a complete dead rubber!!!

My last game is against iroced.

I need one point to survive.

His record in his last nine games is eight wins and one draw.

Luckily he has told me he is open to bribery to throw the last game and I can now give him what he asked for ....

A sack full of fish and red apples!

What? You did say you wanted lots of hake and cookers, didn't you?:confused:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Big day down the bottom tomorrow, best of luck Iago, Dathijjj and Sooner or Later. May the best men stay up.

Last day of the season is usually a bit mad, especially with so little on the line this year, so hard to predict how things will go.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Playing Mignolet instead of Heaton has relegated me...who'd have thunk it :(

1 point behind in my game, bps will decide a lot there.

Not looking good for Iago regardless however.

8 wins. 1 draw... And a defeat to conclude. Fair play to Sooner or Later (I'm awaiting for the smelly cheese and frog legs :p). Swiper won so he's gonna claim second spot. It's disappointing to lose a place on the final GW but overall I'm delighted to make a podium finish out of this tough, tough league.

And I think I'm gonna end with the 8th best overall score so I actually overperformed :D.

Looks like I got my win over iroced

Live to fight another year

Safety confirmed, even though I lost the final game. Only bright spot in a terrible season.

Commiserations Iago, was a tough battle down the bottom. Good luck with your promotion push next season.

8 wins. 1 draw... And a defeat to conclude. Fair play to Sooner or Later (I'm awaiting for the smelly cheese and frog legs :p). Swiper won so he's gonna claim second spot. It's disappointing to lose a place on the final GW but overall I'm delighted to make a podium finish out of this tough, tough league.

And I think I'm gonna end with the 8th best overall score so I actually overperformed :D.

Happy to get the 2nd place but disappointed not to be gloating here now.:pac:

This was a very enjoyable league, thanks to all players and organisers, particularly the ones who contributed to this thread, it felt lonely for a while when I was running away with it and seemed to be the only one contributing to the "discussion":P

Off to find some suitably disparaging insults about Frenchmen that can't be disproven for next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2nd highest score this week but of course Im playing CSF who has the highest score. That loss sees me finish 11th despite having the 3rd highest overall score.

Advertisement