Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA Premier League Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

A second 1 point loss in a row and 3 in a row overall means that I'm going the way of long time leader Irish Son, this league is getting exciting again, a few teams can win it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A 1 pt win for me. 3 in a row on 45 pts safe in the big lge for another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A 1 pt win for me. 3 in a row on 45 pts safe in the big lge for another season.

I finally get a win to get up to 37 points. Think it'll take 45-50 to be safe in this league.

A good day today means I've taken the three points from top team (by 1 point). Up to 40 points now, still far from being safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

A second 1 point loss in a row and 3 in a row overall means that I'm going the way of long time leader Irish Son, this league is getting exciting again, a few teams can win it now.

10 point lead down to 1. Squeaky bum time ;)

• Advertisement

Am playing Erz Scrooge... And they dont have Kane! Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Am attempting the double over Lemlin

Should be easy enough :cool:

Am attempting the double over Lemlin

Should be easy enough :cool:

A lot depends on Austin vs Sturridge.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Myself and busts have the exact same front 7, and both captained Kane, so it all comes down to our defence! Though I'm on a -8, while he only took a -4.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Myself and busts have the exact same front 7, and both captained Kane, so it all comes down to our defence! Though I'm on a -8, while he only took a -4.

Looking at it you should win this ive a 4 pt lead but it's your azpil and vertonghen against my Wolly. You also have bertrand to come in if azpil doesn't start. The latest scores -4 v 0 gave me a chuckle.

• Advertisement

I've Rose, not Vertonghen, but yeah I reckon I have the advantage on paper. A stoke clean sheet and Wolly picking up bps could well be enough though.

Will be on 10+ points and Captain Kane to go versus Eriksen to go for Erz Scrooge.

Lemlin wrote: »
    A lot depends on Austin vs Sturridge.

I think that Austin goal will clinch it for me. 9 ahead pre-bonus with Austin playing again at the week-end.

Wolly off after 17 minutes, that's rough luck busts :o

16 points out of the last possible 18. Ive gotten nearly half my points from this run.

Wolly off after 17 minutes, that's rough luck busts :o

16 points out of the last possible 18. Ive gotten nearly half my points from this run.

ye having rough luck with my defence of late. Good win for ya hopefully austin runs amok on sat now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Losing by a point to Iago, unless Danny Rose gets sent off v QPR I'm goosed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

FHFC wrote: »
    Losing by a point to Iago, unless Danny Rose gets sent off v QPR I'm goosed.

With the way my season is going, I wouldn't rule anything out :D

It goes without saying that I'm going to lose again this week, roryc is already on a very impressive 73 with three spurs to play again, he'll be putting himself into the mix at the top with this win, thankfully for me I should hold onto first place as zarquon is trailing his game by 9, Austin could win for him

Three points leaves me on 43, and hopefully getting closer to safety.

Dónal wrote: »
    Three points leaves me on 43, and hopefully getting closer to safety.

You are 12 points off the relegation spots by my calculations. Sure your only 11 points off the top of the table :)

• Advertisement

Moved within 3 points of Lemlin, who I play next week. Great opportunity to drag him into the relegation mire.

Moved within 3 points of Lemlin, who I play next week. Great opportunity to drag him into the relegation mire.

I'm already well in a relegation dogfight!

Very similar team in my game against Ivory Toast today. Only differences are:

IT: Bertrand, PVA, Eriksen

Me: Sterling, Bellerin, Dawson

Could go either way. If Bellerin is rested for the full 90, I'd then have Bertrand coming in to make it tighter!

I have zero chance this week unless Siggy blows Silva out of the water or Defoe does the same to Austin. My opponent has an outrageous team value. I am in the poor house.

Seems like this probably won't be my year now, team value has me screwed.

Very similar team to idontknowwhatimdoing (irish son)

Only two differentials my Dann and Austin against his Schlupp and Sturridge.

Dann has gone off after 55 mins and Austin currently drawing a blank:(

Edit: Dann not gone off. Cock-up by website and now corrected. Phew!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Very similar team to idontknowwhatimdoing (irish son)

Only two differentials my Dann and Austin against his Schlupp and Sturridge.

Dann has gone off after 55 mins and Austin currently drawing a blank:(

Edit: Dann not gone off. Cock-up by website and now corrected. Phew!

Yeah a a lot of teams are teams are very similar at the moment but that'll change in the next few weeks I think.

Advantage me in this tie after the early game.

irish son wrote: »
    Yeah a a lot of teams are teams are very similar at the moment but that'll change in the next few weeks I think.

Advantage me in this tie after the early game.

Yeah, Schlupp cleanie and Dawson coming off the bench for you with a cleanie will do it for you I reckon. I am relying on a miraculous performance from Bertrand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Leading Game of Throw-Ins by 10 pts with my Terry vs his bertrand left.

Looks good to end my 3 defeats in a row but a Saints 1-0 win (with a Berty assist) to a Chelsea team still dazed and confused is not an impossible scenario to contemplate (add a Terry YC and 3 BPs to Berty and here it is... 4 in a row :eek: :p).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Beaten by the bottom side.

Thanks to Wilfried Zaha of all people!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I have zero chance this week unless Siggy blows Silva out of the water or Defoe does the same to Austin. My opponent has an outrageous team value. I am in the poor house.

Seems like this probably won't be my year now, team value has me screwed.

Your paupers are gonna get the win unless Siggy and Talyor fail to get more than 2 points. I'm on a bad run at the moment in this league.

Advertisement