Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

jjon wrote: »
    There was a method a few weeks back which corrupted the demo but I'm 80% sure it was patch along with the introduction of 32 bit demos.

If you think a player is hacking after you report them just add them to a list on vacstatus, it's a handy tool for recording the hackers you come up against.

http://vacstat.us

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

arms race is fantastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Had a couple of mixes with supremes last night (I'm MG). My arse is still sore from the spanking but at least I learned a lot

Had a couple of mixes with supremes last night (I'm MG). My arse is still sore from the spanking but at least I learned a lot

I find you get a lot better a lot quicker playing with/against people a few ranks above you.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

I find you get a lot better a lot quicker playing with/against people a few ranks above you.

well some of it is just down to aim. A lot of the time, at their level anyway, if you miss your first shot its goodnight. A lot of it is also working as a team and never checking a corner without flashing it first. Its less about run and gun and more about peaking behind flashes, setting up crossfires and being as co-ordinated as possible. Definitely not up to their level but I enjoyed it all the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I keep putting this game off because it feels really intimidating to start. Anyone willing to help out sometime (preferably with steam or mumble mics)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Another handy option for new CSGO players is, in Steam, right click on CSGO. Go to Properties, Set Launch Options... enter, -novid and save.

This will skip the intro splash screens every time.

Any other useful launch options? This is the only one I currently use.

I keep putting this game off because it feels really intimidating to start. Anyone willing to help out sometime (preferably with steam or mumble mics)?

Honestly the best recommendation I can offer is to develop thick skin, and learn how to mute in-game voice. Most of the community are immature and outright rude to new players. Start slow and don't set your sensitivity too high.

If you need some tips or advice or w/e feel free to add me :)
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/danger781

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jjon

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Another handy option for new CSGO players is, in Steam, right click on CSGO. Go to Properties, Set Launch Options... enter, -novid and save.

This will skip the intro splash screens every time.

Any other useful launch options? This is the only one I currently use.

-noborder When in windowed mode, using this will allow tabbing in and out an instant success. No more waiting for a few seconds. (Tip: tie this together with -windowed to play at full screen for easier tabbing out.)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

-noborder When in windowed mode, using this will allow tabbing in and out an instant success. No more waiting for a few seconds. (Tip: tie this together with -windowed to play at full screen for easier tabbing out.)

omg thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Haven't really played CS since 1.6 - found Source hit boxes to be sh|te.

What's CS:GO like, and what is the general community like? Looking for some quick fun when not in the mood for ARMA3, as I need a new online game to latch onto. Think it's only a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Is there any correlation between games you think might have people hacking and match downloads that are corrupt.

2 games I was suspicious of both came up as corrupt downloads when I went to download them. One was months ago and another game last night. All other downloads are 100% fine.

If the replay file is corrupt, then just delete it in 'My downloads', I think. You can then re-download the replay and it should work. This has happened to me in the past and this solution has worked.

Oh wow, that's so much quicker! :):)

I recommend this as well. It enlarges your minimap and centers it around the middle of the map rather than yourself. Very handy for seeing whats happening on the other side of the map. Pressing enter on the keypad changes the size to suit the map.
    //Radar - radar settings + adjustment on numpad enter
    cl_radar_scale "0.53"
    cl_radar_rotate "1"
    cl_radar_always_centered "0"
    cl_radar_icon_scale_min ".5"
    bind "kp_enter" "incrementvar cl_radar_scale 0.32 0.52 0.05" // this lets you adjust radar scale on numpad enter

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Man this game is hard. I'm getting a little better but it can be so intense at times. Got to try competitive, got destroyed twice but managed to get a decent team once and we actually won!

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Man this game is hard. I'm getting a little better but it can be so intense at times. Got to try competitive, got destroyed twice but managed to get a decent team once and we actually won!

I much prefer competitive. Half the players per team compared to casual for a start with people not rushing forward so quickly makes for a much better gaming experience for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

dmg now
    the amount of boosted players is unreal though
    you can tell who should be mge and dmg and who got boosted
    got a guy in last game who wen 2kills and 20 deaths (we ended up winning because of a smurf on our team) he admitted to boosting the guy who was bad.

I don't know why anyone would waste their money looking for a booster
    you will rank down so fast and ruin other games
    so many bad games because of it.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    dmg now
    the amount of boosted players is unreal though
    you can tell who should be mge and dmg and who got boosted
    got a guy in last game who wen 2kills and 20 deaths (we ended up winning because of a smurf on our team) he admitted to boosting the guy who was bad.

I don't know why anyone would waste their money looking for a booster
    you will rank down so fast and ruin other games
    so many bad games because of it.

It's not always the fact that someone is paying for a boosted account. Like in my case I'm MG, where as my friends range from GNM - LEM so the higher up ones end up smurfing so we can all get a game rather then 5 manning. I know this is unfair but it balances out most of the time as the enemy team usually have about 50 hours between them at MG - DMG. Seems legit.

Was playing a comp match yesterday and there was 2 guys on my team that were obviously helping the other team, it was so annoying that I had to abandon the match.

• Advertisement

Was playing a comp match yesterday and there was 2 guys on my team that were obviously helping the other team, it was so annoying that I had to abandon the match.

How can you help the other team?? :confused:

Did you report them for griefing?

There was 3 times where they could have one the round and they were just doing stupid things, but my suspicion comes from how one of the guys on the other team literally knew where all of my team was each round. I left like 6-7 rounds in because it was just a joke really. I didn't report because it didn't cross my mind at the time, I was just annoyed that people would do that, and I was also put on cool down for leaving.

There was 3 times where they could have one the round and they were just doing stupid things, but my suspicion comes from how one of the guys on the other team literally knew where all of my team was each round. I left like 6-7 rounds in because it was just a joke really. I didn't report because it didn't cross my mind at the time, I was just annoyed that people would do that, and I was also put on cool down for leaving.

A lot of the time though, it comes down to game sense and foot steps.

Was playing CS earlier and I have never seen an in-game VAC ban, but then this happened:

354522.jpg

And within the next 10 seconds...

354523.jpg

Glad to see it happening though! :D

Falthyron wrote: »
    Was playing CS earlier and I have never seen an in-game VAC ban, but then this happened:

Glad to see it happening though! :D

Oh the satisfaction! :D

Did you think he was sketchy?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Oh the satisfaction! :D

Did you think he was sketchy?

I hadn't seen anything, but a few of the lads I was playing with saw him do some dodgy things. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

got a nice clutch earlier (i dont play awp), mind you there was 2 russians on team griefing/team killing/roaring down mic who later abandoned game :/

had 4 or 5 games of just russians giving up after the first 3 eco rounds which ruins the game but open a chroma 2 case and this gem too :P the trade ban tho
    MfXihgy.png

im MGE now so if anyones up for a few games lemme know , can download skype , ts or mumble which ever suits :). also anyone reccomend a good gaming monitor that isnt gonna tear into my account :P im currently using a bog standard samsung 100 euro monitor :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I was wondering what this whole overwatch yoke was about. Sounds like something that could easily be abused.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/
    How does the Overwatch work?
    Prospective Overwatch Investigators are presented with an active Overwatch button in the main menu, which indicates that there is a pending case for them to evaluate. The investigators can then choose to participate by watching a replay (eight rounds’ worth or roughly 10 minutes) and selecting a verdict.
    If the investigators collectively agree that an offense has occurred, a ban will be issued. The ban duration will depend on the severity of the offense and the suspect’s history of convictions, if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Very handy for alt-tabing alright, thanks.

Just started playing GO, used to play a lot of 1.6 and TFC. Very much enjoying playing CS again. Just ordered a new headset to boot.

Looking forward to be able to play competitive matches. Need to get to level 3. Still a lot to learn, but with the 1.6 back ground I'm not starting from scratch at all.

• Advertisement

Scody94 wrote: »
    got a nice clutch earlier (i dont play awp), mind you there was 2 russians on team griefing/team killing/roaring down mic who later abandoned game :/

had 4 or 5 games of just russians giving up after the first 3 eco rounds which ruins the game but open a chroma 2 case and this gem too :P the trade ban tho
    MfXihgy.png

im MGE now so if anyones up for a few games lemme know , can download skype , ts or mumble which ever suits :). also anyone reccomend a good gaming monitor that isnt gonna tear into my account :P im currently using a bog standard samsung 100 euro monitor :P

People like you are why I have stopped opening cases! :pac:

I have spent way too much on opening cases and the best I have received was a Factory New AWP Worm God and one of the very first knives. Everything else has been absolute garbage. :o A friend of mine has received two knives (good ones too! Sold for £150) an AWP Asiimov Field Tested Stat-Trak, and other decent guns - lucky ba$tard! I am resigned to the fact my account is simply not on the magical list of awesome loot, so no matter what, I will never get anything decent! :pac:

Advertisement