Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I have heard a lot of the smurfing and Russians (lol) seem to gravitate to Dust II so I think I'll start unchecking that from the map search. I'll give it a go.

Did you try that server picker program after?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I did but they still get in lol. It does work but they obviously love west Euro servers lol

Its a great program. Ping is well better now due to using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

What was the program you mentioned?

Jesus csgo is so popular with Russians and Eastern Europe

What was the program you mentioned?

Jesus csgo is so popular with Russians and Eastern Europe

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/tools/5684

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Played my first competitive match this evening after reaching level three and got called a smurf!

I Played plenty of 1.6 competitive games so had a head start.

Looking forward to playing more. But I can definitely see how it could get frustrating with certain people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Played my first competitive match this evening after reaching level three and got called a smurf!

I Played plenty of 1.6 competitive games so had a head start.

Looking forward to playing more. But I can definitely see how it could get frustrating with certain people.

You'll find a lot of whingers who can't accept that if the other guy might just actually be better than them. My OH is ranked GN3 and consistently is up in the top one or two scorers on the team when playing competitive. She routinely gets accused of being a smurf or a hacker simply because she's better than them. It's just how it goes unfortunately. There are no shortage of d1ckbags in CS.

Lemming wrote: »
    You'll find a lot of whingers who can't accept that if the other guy might just actually be better than them. My OH is ranked GN3 and consistently is up in the top one or two scorers on the team when playing competitive. She routinely gets accused of being a smurf or a hacker simply because she's better than them. It's just how it goes unfortunately. There are no shortage of d1ckbags in CS.

Suppose I should get used to it for a while so.

Hopefully I will be able to play competitive with friends rather than with randoms all the time which would greatly improve things.

If any of the boards.ie here play I'd be keen to get involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Suppose I should get used to it for a while so.

Hopefully I will be able to play competitive with friends rather than with randoms all the time which would greatly improve things.

Yeah playing with people you know makes it a lot more fun, I guess this goes for most games too :D

What's your competitive rank?

Anyone doing the operation missions? Only kind of starting into them now.

Just finished the 20 CZ75 kills on casual. Pain in the ass!

• Advertisement

What's your competitive rank?

As I mentioned last night was my first competitive match in csgo, but have played loads on 1.6 (back in the day)

Not sure what my competitive rank is. I'm level three I think?

Anyone doing the operation missions? Only kind of starting into them now.

Just finished the 20 CZ75 kills on casual. Pain in the ass!

The absolute worst one has to be accruing $1,000,000 earned. Ugh. CZ is a bit of craic at least.

As I mentioned last night was my first competitive match in csgo, but have played loads on 1.6 (back in the day)

Not sure what my competitive rank is. I'm level three I think?

Oh ok so you have to win 10 competitive matches before you get your rank. Kk. Keep us updated when you do get your rank :)

The absolute worst one has to be accruing $1,000,000 earned. Ugh. CZ is a bit of craic at least.

I have that to look forward to so :(

Doing the awp kills within your first 3 shots of the round now. Should be handy enough and fun at the same time :)

I have that to look forward to so :(

Doing the awp kills within your first 3 shots of the round now. Should be handy enough and fun at the same time :)

Easy enough on dust2. Just pick at mid every round.

Oh ok so you have to win 10 competitive matches before you get your rank. Kk. Keep us updated when you do get your rank :)

Okay thanks, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

I still have to win 2 more I believe to get my rank. It's such a shame how more often than not you get absolute piss takers on dust_2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Used to play a lot of CS from around beta 7 up to 1.6. I was pretty damn good at my peak. Started playing GO there last week and by God I'm an embarrassment. Pathetic like! :eek:

What exactly is the purpose of having to get 10 wins to get a rank? Why not give you a rank after one game? Then make your rank far more volatile for you next 10 wins? So then it will settle on your actual skill level.

I swear valve are trying to make this game less accessible for beginners.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jjon

What exactly is the purpose of having to get 10 wins to get a rank? Why not give you a rank after one game? Then make your rank far more volatile for you next 10 wins? So then it will settle on your actual skill level.

I swear valve are trying to make this game less accessible for beginners.

Smurfs would love this. Play extremely bad and get carried to obtain the sacred silver 1. The 10 wins represent your average rank if you play a bad game or one good game it puts you at a disadvantage. The ranking system is designed to balance the matching of players.

• Advertisement

jjon wrote: »
    Smurfs would love this. Play extremely bad and get carried to obtain the sacred silver 1. The 10 wins represent your average rank if you play a bad game or one good game it puts you at a disadvantage. The ranking system is designed to balance the matching of players.

I don't really understand. What's to stop you from doing that with the current system? Your rank is always there, its just hidden from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jjon

I don't really understand. What's to stop you from doing that with the current system? Your rank is always there, its just hidden from you.

You don't actually have a rank. You are put with people in a certain rank (usually mid - high silver) to start. If you did good you move up if you did bad you go down/ stay the same. Once it has found roughly where you can hold your own against it will keep you there either until you ascend past them or fall below them. It's an accelerated version of the current ranking system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

not sure it works like that, or at least it used not. for my first game I played with friends and for the 9 following wins I was with smfc+ who all hated me because I didn't know the new map layouts. If you play well in your first games you won't be put anywhere near silver, it'll always put you on the high end to try separate smurfs as quick as possible.

Just checked my steam there and I haven't played csgo since 4/4/2015, not sure what really happened but I lost all interest after about 450 hours of it, compared to the few thousand hours I had on source. Had to stop matchmaking and do just esea for a while before that because it was too stressful being stuck with russians for 40 minutes. And then people on esea weren't much better anyway.

Seems like everyone wanted to be a pro player or else they were just playing to annoy others

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

So just received the time out until it calibrates my skill level. It's the second one I've gotten however the first time I didn't get anything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

vlad2009 wrote: »
    So just received the time out until it calibrates my skill level. It's the second one I've gotten however the first time I didn't get anything
    I think I got 3 time outs during the early stages.

is the operation bloodhound access pass necessary?

and have been playing arms race and guys russian i think have been cheating like **** the map with boats they were basically off the map i couldnt shoot them but they could shoot me i was raging.. and also big lag spikes like those players disappearing and reappearing 20 yards away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

is the operation bloodhound access pass necessary?

and have been playing arms race and guys russian i think have been cheating like **** the map with boats they were basically off the map i couldnt shoot them but they could shoot me i was raging.. and also big lag spikes like those players disappearing and reappearing 20 yards away.

The Operation packs aren't necessary, they just give you a little badge and allow you to complete missions and there's some drops involved.

If you think someone is cheating, don't hesitate to report them.
    Nothing worse than people ruining a fun game.

marko93 wrote: »
    The Operation packs aren't necessary, they just give you a little badge and allow you to complete missions and there's some drops involved.

If you think someone is cheating, don't hesitate to report them.
    Nothing worse than people ruining a fun game.
    tbh i hate the way people cheat at gaming and exploit ingame stuff wrecks my head takes all the fun out of gaming.

just seen how he probably did it players getting boosts up onto higher points by other players he must have found a map frailty and is exploiting it.

Played a game last night where we were losing the second half badly after going up 10-5. A guy on our team disconnects and reconnects. Suddenly he is calling where the whole enemy team is. I got auto-kicked for team-attacking too many times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Played a game last night where we were losing the second half badly after going up 10-5. A guy on our team disconnects and reconnects. Suddenly he is calling where the whole enemy team is. I got auto-kicked for team-attacking too many times.

Probably a wall-hacker. A shame you got kicked, could have been a free win :pac:

Advertisement