Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Falthyron wrote: »
    People like you are why I have stopped opening cases! :pac:

I have spent way too much on opening cases and the best I have received was a Factory New AWP Worm God and one of the very first knives. Everything else has been absolute garbage. :o A friend of mine has received two knives (good ones too! Sold for £150) an AWP Asiimov Field Tested Stat-Trak, and other decent guns - lucky ba$tard! I am resigned to the fact my account is simply not on the magical list of awesome loot, so no matter what, I will never get anything decent! :pac:

After many disappointing case opens Ive decided to just buy camo I like rather than flush money down the toliet to get the same gun camo 20 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

People like you are why I have stopped opening cases! :pac:

I have spent way too much on opening cases and the best I have received was a Factory New AWP Worm God and one of the very first knives. Everything else has been absolute garbage. :o A friend of mine has received two knives (good ones too! Sold for £150) an AWP Asiimov Field Tested Stat-Trak, and other decent guns - lucky ba$tard! I am resigned to the fact my account is simply not on the magical list of awesome loot, so no matter what, I will never get anything decent! :pac:

think its only the 2nd red skin ive unboxed , ive never even seen a kinfe on the scroll wheel :p and im ashamed to say how much ive possibly spent on cases :s prob still at a loss

Skins are an idiot tax :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I was wondering what this whole overwatch yoke was about. Sounds like something that could easily be abused.

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/overwatch/

The players in the match you watch are all renamed. The suspected player is called The Suspect. All the chat and voice comms are muted as well.

You have no idea who you are looking at and so you can't really be coerced into a verdict.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Skins are an idiot tax :pac:

I didn't quite hear that over the sound of the knife I unboxed.

• Advertisement

The players in the match you watch are all renamed. The suspected player is called The Suspect. All the chat and voice comms are muted as well.

You have no idea who you are looking at and so you can't really be coerced into a verdict.
    That sounds very promising, thanks for the breakdown of the process.

I didn't quite hear that over the sound of the knife I unboxed.

Check out mine :cool: http://steamcommunity.com/id/grimebox3/inventory/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

neeel currently has 0 items in their inventory. :pac:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    neeel currently has 0 items in their inventory. :pac:

The real thing isn't much different http://steamcommunity.com/id/grimebox3/inventory/#730

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Anyone have any tips for betting on today's ESWC matches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Anyone have any tips for betting on today's ESWC matches?

Yeah. Don't bet on BO1's.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

haha good advice, but they're all BO1. its my first time betting so I threw down some low end skins, I'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

orrrrrr small bet the underdogs :P

I wouldn't usually watch pro games but I watched the eswc yesterday. n0thing managed to get over 30 kills in the final game which they lost 14-16. He was sick as a dog all day. Interesting that e-sports isn't hugely affected by physical well being if you prepare properly. I play like complete **** if I'm a little bit tired

reSSdZ8.jpg

****ing smurfs ruining the game....

Its a disease that needs an immediate vaccine. 1 guy ruined an entire game with his ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

****ing smurfs ruining the game....

Its a disease that needs an immediate vaccine.
    smurfs??

smurfs??

Vanity.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

smurfs??

lol @ pic ^

A smurf is someone who is a very good player at CSGO and has a high rank but they make a second steam account and play with lower levels, usually doing extremely good against the lower skill level. In order to feed their already over sized egos.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    lol @ pic ^

A smurf is someone who is a very good player at CSGO and has a high rank but they make a second steam account and play with lower levels, usually doing extremely good against the lower skill level. In order to feed their already over sized egos.

And sure enough it kicked me down a rank because I kept bumping into the same idiot smurf... Annoying.

(1am edit) Lovely, more smurfs proudly admitting it and again wrecking a few hours of games. Is Valve likely to do anything about these ***** or has this been the way its always been and always will be?

(4am edit) Always finish the night on a good game :) Its such an amazing game when its smurf free and well matched.

And sure enough it kicked me down a rank because I kept bumping into the same idiot smurf... Annoying.

*Lovely, more smurfs proudly admitting it and again wrecking a few hours of games. Are they likely to do anything about these ***** or has this been the way its always been and always will be?
    ah have seen that alright the casual gtameplay is full of them sad really who cares if they are that nuch better like if i was playing cs about 6 years or more i would expect to be of a certain standard if im honest

• Advertisement

The steam community page is very funny.

8575C4FFFB13B27423CEFADDD0D5DC6BEA1C7D0D

4AB7D284FCB1F70D7CF73BB684CFA657B449F4D6

This video entitled "What smurfing in CS:GO feels like" explains some of the allure of Smurfing :eek:

do skins improve weapon performance at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

do skins improve weapon performance at all?

Yes, they make them 1000% more accurate.

Burgo wrote: »
    Yes, they make them 1000% more accurate.

Thanks for that. They say counter strike players are generally very helpful to noobs ��

Lads the reason I was asking is some YouTube clip I seen was showing stats for a skin and it said if you sell it the star resets to yours???

Skins are entirely cosmetic, so their worth is only in the eye of the beholder i.e. worthless :pac:

I'm not sure what you mean by "the star resets to yours".

Skins are entirely cosmetic, so their worth is only in the eye of the beholder i.e. worthless :pac:

I'm not sure what you mean by "the star resets to yours".

Sorry meant stats not star

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Sorry meant stats not star

Some guns are classified as 'StatTrak'. This means the gun/skin has a counter on the side of it which monitors the amount of kills with that gun/skin. If you choose to sell that gun/skin, the person who buys it will have the StatTrak feature reset to 0, so they can start counting their kills with the gun/skin.

Some guns are classified as 'StatTrak'. This means the gun/skin has a counter on the side of it which monitors the amount of kills with that gun/skin. If you choose to sell that gun/skin, the person who buys it will have the StatTrak feature reset to 0, so they can start counting their kills with the gun/skin.
    that makes sense thanks

• Advertisement

I have heard a lot of the smurfing and Russians (lol) seem to gravitate to Dust II so I think I'll start unchecking that from the map search. I'll give it a go.

Advertisement