Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Night before last I'm playing arms race and I'm raping and get kicked horrible little ****ers lol I seen the vote and was like wtf

Falthyron wrote: »
    Probably a wall-hacker. A shame you got kicked, could have been a free win :pac:

He was 100% hacking. My team was okay with it because they wanted the win and suspected an enemy of cheating. **** that. I have screenshots of him admitting to it as I was griefing him non stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

Just got my rank! Silver Elite Master! Was not expecting that at all, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

vlad2009 wrote: »
    Just got my rank! Silver Elite Master! Was not expecting that at all, not bad.

Nice 1 :)

I started off as a Silver 1 where I stayed for a long time before jumping up to Gold Nova 4 :D

I thought I was only gonna get silver 1 tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am hovering between Gold Nova 3 and 4 at the moment.

Started at Silver Elite.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Havent played this in ages, any new game modes added ?

Dcully wrote:
    Havent played this in ages, any new game modes added ?

Yeah there's a brilliant new mode where everyone speaks Russian, uses cheats and you're a noob.

Actually ended up playing another game and I got gold nova 1. Pretty sound

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Competitive cool down for the whole day :(

Want to play at least one more this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sqdz

Actually i'm master guardian elite, and soon distingued (1 or 2 MM). I hope for legendary eagle master in 2 weeks.. When I get my new mouse (zowie) ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

sqdz wrote: »
    Actually i'm master guardian elite, and soon distingued (1 or 2 MM). I hope for legendary eagle master in 2 weeks.. When I get my new mouse (zowie) ^^

excellent mouse :P currently using it myself
    have a razor for back up :D
    ive been stuck as dmg for the past 2 weeks so I wish you all the best

between mg2 and dmg, is were you will find all the cheaters, people who got boosted, russians who think their pros.

And I know what you're thinking *its like that already in the rank I'm at* but trust me it will get worse :D

Try not to go solo

yes of course... But I found the number of cheater more consequent last year. I began with b5.2 (56ko modem ^^)

The players aren't "good" in mge, sometimes they are aimed like bots lol

Only soloQ for me ;)

but it might be interesting to create a team of dublin ^^ (I did the same in France, my ex team participated in the Lan Arena / WCG in Paris)

yes of course. But I think the number of cheater is not as many as last year.

The players aren't "good" in mge, sometimes they are aimed like bots lol

Mhhh only soloQ for me ;)

But it might be interesting to create a team of dublin ^^ (I did the same in France, my ex team participated in the Lan Arena / WCG in Paris)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Try not to go solo

^^ This.

Going solo is very much a hit & miss affair, very often a miss. Even not going solo can be hit & miss but at least the more people you team up with that you know, the less likely the chances of getting absolute lemons for random team-mates. I regularly play with my OH and one or two others, occasionally a full team, and even then we still get idiots or ass-hats who wont play as a team, or griefers who join and then as soon as round one starts, they abandon the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

GN2 here if anyone wants to play some comp

marko93 wrote: »
    GN2 here if anyone wants to play some comp

I'm gn 1, and would definitely be interested i playing together. Playing Dayz tonight but any time during the week I'm up for CS. Ad me on steam: Bunto

I fúcking hate the bloodhound maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Now I'm GNM but sure I'll add ye now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Lemming wrote: »
    ^^ This.

Going solo is very much a hit & miss affair, very often a miss. Even not going solo can be hit & miss but at least the more people you team up with that you know, the less likely the chances of getting absolute lemons for random team-mates. I regularly play with my OH and one or two others, occasionally a full team, and even then we still get idiots or ass-hats who wont play as a team, or griefers who join and then as soon as round one starts, they abandon the match.

You would imagine that this would be significantly reduced at the higher ranks, but it isn't. I am Supreme and I have solo-queued the odd time and you really never can know what you will get. Sometimes you get dedicated players who are committed to playing well and trying to win every round. But, every other time you will get some messer or griefer who really doesn't care. Or, and this really pisses me off, after losing 4-5 rounds they type 'gg' and don't bother trying...

• Advertisement

Falthyron wrote: »
    Or, and this really pisses me off, after losing 4-5 rounds they type 'gg' and don't bother trying...

That rightly pisses me off as well when I see it; we (as in the guys I play with) have turned 8-1 games around before and either *just* been pipped at the post for the last couple of rounds or some such, or managed to win. Proof that it's not all lost, even when it feels like you're being slaughtered ...

... unless as a bunch of silver ranks you make a full team with a friend who is MGE and pulls you into a game against people hopelessly above the skill level of the entire team (other than aforementioned MGE). Then you really are being slaughtered :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I fúcking hate the bloodhound maps.

How can you hate de_season? :(

tuxy wrote: »
    How can you hate de_season? :(

Season is a half-decent map and fairly well balanced for competitive matches. Zoo on the other hand ....

vlad2009 wrote: »
    I'm gn 1, and would definitely be interested i playing together. Playing Dayz tonight but any time during the week I'm up for CS. Ad me on steam: Bunto

I'd add my name to that if you lads are game. I am GN3.

tuxy wrote:
    How can you hate de_season?

It's Agency I mainly hate.

It's Agency I mainly hate.
    I really like that map. Its a bit of variety in competitive mode instead of the constant bomb planting and defuse. Having to rescue the hostages on Agency is fun.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

season is the only good one in the bunch

I really like that map. Its a bit of variety in competitive mode instead of the constant bomb planting and defuse. Having to rescue the hostages on Agency is fun.

I like rescue mode too but not these maps. The operation last year was much better with good maps such as back alley in hostage rescue. I miss them maps :(

I like rescue mode too but not these maps. The operation last year was much better with good maps such as back alley in hostage rescue. I miss them maps :(

I don't know why back alley has been taken out of general rotation considering that it's a map that goes all the way back to the original CS and was part of the standard map rotation. It's a lot of fun and there's a reason it's been brought through CS to CS:S to CS:GO - namely that it's a decent and fairly well balanced map.

• Advertisement

season is the only good one in the bunch

Couldn't really think which one was Season earlier when I was afk. Playing it now and yeah I love Season. This was on last year too and kind of missed it when they took it away. The rest suck tho lol.

Advertisement