Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Big update. No balance fixes though. Is altering hit-boxes that hard?

Jumping onto to a ladder still completely messes up your hitbox: http://gfycat.com/DefensiveSpeedyAstrangiacoral

Funny that they change the timer for casual but not competitive...someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Looool, I love these guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well finally got my account ranked last night, Gold Nova Master, whatever the hell that is

TheDoc wrote: »
    Well finally got my account ranked last night, Gold Nova Master, whatever the hell that is

Lol, you did alright. I went straight to Silver 1 after ranking before slowly making my way up top Gold Nova Master where I sit now.

4B5F35CBE7C878C4D17D6808B237A56EEC61D253

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm actually quitting. I don't play very often and now despite being Master Guardian they clearly want to push out alt accounts by declining competitive games until reaching rank 3. I'd need about 20 pub games to get there. In the last 3 months I've only played about 30 competitive games, but I play maybe 1/2 games a week and now I can't (in competitive) so good luck with that.

I really wish the dev team would do something else other than this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah really annoying, played cs for 15 years...now have to shoot chickens to get into competitive. :|
    At least there is the operation which is giving me loads of xp and i would be doing anyway

Had a nice play earlier. Sound is a bit ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

anyone play regularly here ? im MG2 and wouldnt mind playing with a few people , as ive only ever played with randoms in matchmaking :S gimme a shout if ye are ! https://steamcommunity.com/id/ScodyScodyDoo/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Scody94 wrote: »
    anyone play regularly here ? im MG2 and wouldnt mind playing with a few people , as ive only ever played with randoms in matchmaking :S gimme a shout if ye are ! https://steamcommunity.com/id/ScodyScodyDoo/

Added - IGN is Fluke

Going in between MG2 and MGE at the moment. Have about 5 or 6 friends from Cork and we all play together.

Anyone else can feel free to add me as well.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/danger781

Wow my lucky ****ing friend won a StatTrak AWP Hyper Beast Field Tested what felt like a week ago worth e150 so I reminded him to see if he could sell it today but turns out he still has to wait 2 more days.

So whilst he was on he sold a few other little bits and bought another case and won another ****ing StatTrak AWP Hyper Beast but this time Minimal Wear currently going for e254. All I can say is lucky kunt!

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wow my lucky ****ing friend won a StatTrak AWP Hyper Beast Field Tested what felt like a week ago worth e150 so I reminded him to see if he could sell it today but turns out he still has to wait 2 more days.

So whilst he was on he sold a few other little bits and bought another case and won another ****ing StatTrak AWP Hyper Beast but this time Minimal Wear currently going for e254. All I can say is lucky kunt!

He might be lucky but nothing compares to that feeling of unboxing more bizons and negevs than you could ever need. Consistency is key my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Danger781 wrote: »
    He might be lucky but nothing compares to that feeling of unboxing more bizons and negevs than you could ever need. Consistency is key my friend.

ya I agree,
    I have a different one for every game I enter now,
    should last me about another 800matchs before I start feeling a shortage

You just got to look at them as if they're scratch cards. That's how he does it anyway. I've learned my lesson with them boxes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Why does the game always match me up with Russians :confused:

Is there no people playing here and in the UK?

Why does the game always match me up with Russians :confused:

Is there no people playing here and in the UK?

More likely to get stuck with Russians if playing on your own.

You can use this so you only get games on the EU West server, might take a little longer searching tho:

http://csgo.gamebanana.com/tools/5684

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I am absolutely loving csgo now i was struggling like nothing was gonna help and failsafe pointed me in the direction of a sensitivity training clip on youtube for mouse control and what a difference it made.... thanks failsafe.. getting the hang of keyboard and mouse now too so pc master race love it

master race love it

You're good as long as you don't start that shiit :pac: :P

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You're good as long as you don't start that shiit :pac: :P
    its the console player in me showing its ugly head :D

ABSOLUTELY LOVING the changeover to pc though it is a joy having a decent rig

Went to Gold Nova II for like 5 mins and felt like I got hit by a train. Got booted back to Gold Nova I and normal service resumed.

Went to Gold Nova II for like 5 mins and felt like I got hit by a train. Got booted back to Gold Nova I and normal service resumed.

Lol really? You probably just came up against a good team. I feel all the gold novas are the same to me.

• Advertisement

I am absolutely loving csgo now i was struggling like nothing was gonna help and failsafe pointed me in the direction of a sensitivity training clip on youtube for mouse control and what a difference it made.... thanks failsafe.. getting the hang of keyboard and mouse now too so pc master race love it

Wow I'd love to playing this game for the first time and first time using keyboard/mouse.

Had an insane game last night where we were 0-8 down, then went to 7-8, then went to 14-9 to us.... then it ended 15-15! So many swings in momentum. Fair play to both teams for not going on tilt!

Really enjoying arms race kinda like gun game only with two teams very enjoyable

Really enjoying arms race kinda like gun game only with two teams very enjoyable

I quite like the glowing red halo the leader gets. It mixes up the strategy knowing everyone has all eye on you, and also levels the playing field to a degree.

Any of you lads playing in the competition organised on the Irish facebook page? We won our game last night :)

Must try arms race. I jumped into the competitive playlist from Day 1 and stayed there.

I'm actually quitting. I don't play very often and now despite being Master Guardian they clearly want to push out alt accounts by declining competitive games until reaching rank 3. I'd need about 20 pub games to get there. In the last 3 months I've only played about 30 competitive games, but I play maybe 1/2 games a week and now I can't (in competitive) so good luck with that.

I really wish the dev team would do something else other than this.

In fairness that is par for the course now for games that operate a solo queue mechanic ranking system, or a system when you have ranking where you can queue with friends.

You played lol, so you know this is the trend. It was annoying when I came back needing two more wins to get a rank, and then having to level up to 3, but I assume its a mechanic to ensure that totally new players arn't walking into ranked, and to try deal wih excessive smurf accounts, and accounts that look to exploit for monetary gain.

Yeah really annoying, played cs for 15 years...now have to shoot chickens to get into competitive. :|
    At least there is the operation which is giving me loads of xp and i would be doing anyway

In those fifteen years you had to get 4 lads, go into IRC, and get a mix, and hope that one of you have a server, and be selective to make sure your not picking teams notorious for hacking(or players)

The in game ranked system is good, and I like it, and am fine having to level an account a little to get into playing it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That's fine for new players and new accounts, not players that already had hundreds of competitive wins, they could have easily not applied it to those accounts. It was jsut several wasted evenings for so many people, not to mention you just happen to level up faster if you give them money. Games were always easy to get however I like the automated system more, that doesn't mean everything they do can't be criticized because of it.

TheDoc wrote: »
    In those fifteen years you had to get 4 lads, go into IRC, and get a mix, and hope that one of you have a server, and be selective to make sure your not picking teams notorious for hacking(or players)

The in game ranked system is good, and I like it, and am fine having to level an account a little to get into playing it.

Yeah it blows my mind when people give out about match making in csgo. It is the best thing that has ever happened to cs. It would sometimes take hours to find a game on irc.

I'm torn on the rank-up system though. I ranked up before they put in the restriction of level 3 so it didn't effect me but I hate the idea of a part of a game being stuck behind a wall straight after purchasing it. I have never played a ranked game in DotA for example, I played around 20 hours before giving up. 20 hours is a long time.

• Advertisement

Yeah it blows my mind when people give out about match making in csgo. It is the best thing that has ever happened to cs. It would sometimes take hours to find a game on irc.

I'm torn on the rank-up system though. I ranked up before they put in the restriction of level 3 so it didn't effect me but I hate the idea of a part of a game being stuck behind a wall straight after purchasing it. I have never played a ranked game in DotA for example, I played around 20 hours before giving up. 20 hours is a long time.

The point is though that it makes sure people experience the game, maps, how the game is played and get to grips with the nature of the game before moving into match making, where you being ****, wrecks the craic for four other people.

To be honest one major gripe I have is not being able to select like a preferred language. Every game I'm going into is full of Russians or Eastern Europeans, and I get literally no information over voice comm. I'm totally left by myself.

I'll hear all this rattle language in my ear, get shot, and then loads of roaring. Then someone typing "noob". So I assume its them telling me something, but because I don't speak their language (which is horrible btw, Russian and Eastern european languages actually grate my ears hearing them, its like chickens clucking) I'm being labelled the noob.

I havn't played one game yet of ranked where I have been able to effectively communicate with my team, its a touch ridiculous. Would like something in place where I can set my prefered team language to "English".

Advertisement