Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That's fine for new players and new accounts, not players that already had hundreds of competitive wins, they could have easily not applied it to those accounts. It was jsut several wasted evenings for so many people, not to mention you just happen to level up faster if you give them money. Games were always easy to get however I like the automated system more, that doesn't mean everything they do can't be criticized because of it.

What the levelling system new, or the level 3 requirement new? I just came back few weeks ago and was level 1 with 8 competitive wins, so wanted to do my placement. Just fired away playing death match and arms race, found it relatively quick to level up tbh, but maybe that was down to the high multipliers form winning loads of them.

I guess at this point it a proven barrier to entry that helps improve solo queue type systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

TheDoc wrote: »
    The point is though that it makes sure people experience the game, maps, how the game is played and get to grips with the nature of the game before moving into match making, where you being ****, wrecks the craic for four other people.

To be honest one major gripe I have is not being able to select like a preferred language. Every game I'm going into is full of Russians or Eastern Europeans, and I get literally no information over voice comm. I'm totally left by myself.

I'll hear all this rattle language in my ear, get shot, and then loads of roaring. Then someone typing "noob". So I assume its them telling me something, but because I don't speak their language (which is horrible btw, Russian and Eastern european languages actually grate my ears hearing them, its like chickens clucking) I'm being labelled the noob.

I havn't played one game yet of ranked where I have been able to effectively communicate with my team, its a touch ridiculous. Would like something in place where I can set my prefered team language to "English".

I think all of the community would love this. From experience Russian and Easter European players are toxic / unhelpful and are generally the ones screaming into their mics when you do something wrong but say nothing otherwise. I've found using the server picker from GameBanana has certainly reduced the amount of these people I encounter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Danger781 wrote: »
    I think all of the community would love this. From experience Russian and Easter European players are toxic / unhelpful and are generally the ones screaming into their mics when you do something wrong but say nothing otherwise.
    They're also the ones that are dead first and shout like crazy because they can't get their heads around how you can't kill 3-4 remaining players single handed :p

I notice when I pick up an AUG or a SG553 I tend to do much better in the game however I feel dirty when I use them, like I am cheating :D

I continue to work on my aim and use the AK47 & M4A1, I think I'd like to master those first before moving on to the other guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I notice when I pick up an AUG or a SG553 I tend to do much better in the game however I feel dirty when I use them, like I am cheating :D

I continue to work on my aim and use the AK47 & M4A1, I think I'd like to master those first before moving on to the other guns.

I love the AUG & SG553. Team mates always give out to me for using them but then I do good and they shut up :D

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I love the AUG & SG553. Team mates always give out to me for using them but then I do good and they shut up :D

новичок :D

If voice comms grates on you occasionally, add this to your autoexec.cfg:

bind "kp_minus" "toggle voice_enable 1 0"

It mutes everyone when you press minus on the keypad (or whatever bind you want), press it again to enable again. So handy when people are screaming or won't stfu when your clutching. I ALWAYS turn this on at halftime or at the end of a game.

If voice comms grates on you occasionally, add this to your autoexec.cfg:

bind "kp_minus" "toggle voice_enable 1 0"

It mutes everyone when you press minus on the keypad (or whatever bind you want), press it again to enable again. So handy when people are screaming or won't stfu when your clutching. I ALWAYS turn this on at halftime or at the end of a game.

Thats awesome, thanks.

The amount of times I have been 1 v 1 and I am just about hearing an enemies foot steps and then the team is screaming either plant or he's in 3 different spots at the same time :rolleyes:

* LMAO, I just got kicked for saving for the next round instead of facing 3 players camped out over B site were the bomb was already planted. They must have thought I was Neo from the Matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Russian players are nasty and toxic over mic in game chat asking are you English I say no where you from I say Ireland and then get called potatoes for the round and screamed at lol

If you plan to play competitively i.e ranked, its probably worth mastering those.

Obviously the finances are a thing to consider, and you want to be running eco when the team is eco, and running full buys when the team is buying. Sometimes getting obscure rifles can give you a good round, but if you die, you can be out of kilter with the rest.

And I think as well personally that the M4 and AK are just the best rifles to be using, and the AWP is the best sniper. The game has always fallen into this pattern of only a handful of still being relevant. Pistols are actually the most noticable change in CSGO, that a good few are actually relevant compared to 1.6

In 1.6 I was pretty proficent with the UMP, but even in competitive I'd still go Mp5 on an SMG buy with the rest of the team.

• Advertisement

Actually question I had for the group. I seem to be doing fine with the M4, pretty quickly felt like I was managing well with burst, landing headshots and controlling the burst. Actually doesn't feel to at ends with 1.6

The AK though, is throwing me all over the place. The spray control feels totally different, and in 1.6 the first AK round used to go centre of reticle. Did some testing on a training map, and that is not the case for the CSGO AK

Might I be running a sub-optimal crosshair, or is there just something funky with the AK?

It's freaking me out, I'm so sporadic with the AK on T side, while being relatively solid on CT side when I have an M4 in hand

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

my problem seems to be i play fps like im playing cod and as you can imagine in csgo thaT didnt work out well lol

changing my sensitivity and firing in short bursts with the ak has dramatically helped my game was watching a guy last night on twitch called summit playing csgo he was a very good player but seemed to be an absolute ignorant ****er to lads in chat and he got owned by a player called darmaa and the darmaa guy subbed to him and he was like a child saying i dont need your money or want your money and was telling him to piss off basicallyu lol total knob is that way a lot of pro players are at this game? i thought more mature gamer played this if im honest

TheDoc wrote: »
    Actually question I had for the group. I seem to be doing fine with the M4, pretty quickly felt like I was managing well with burst, landing headshots and controlling the burst. Actually doesn't feel to at ends with 1.6

The AK though, is throwing me all over the place. The spray control feels totally different, and in 1.6 the first AK round used to go centre of reticle. Did some testing on a training map, and that is not the case for the CSGO AK

Might I be running a sub-optimal crosshair, or is there just something funky with the AK?

It's freaking me out, I'm so sporadic with the AK on T side, while being relatively solid on CT side when I have an M4 in hand

Create a game offline with bots. Enter in the console sv_cheat 1 and weapon_debug_spread_show 1. Make sure your crosshair is set to cl_crosshairstyle "3" in autoexec.cfg. A box will appear around your crosshair, that shows where the bullet might go. The box expands as your running or jumping or as you fire. The box is surprisingly big for the ak. It is not a railgun.

Found a video highlighting the above

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

AK is not accurate in this game, it's been nerfed, I'm not usre it's actually different - I think it is more noticeable because of drawing distances in this game over 1.6 and css. As somebody that is used to it being more accurate it's annoying. If anything the cooldown should be smaller so we can tap.

AWP is 98% accurate, AK47 standing is 93% accurate, AK47 crouching is 96% accurate, Deagle standing is 90% accurate, deagle crouching is 95% accurate etc. The SG has a scope and is nearly completely accurate for 300 more.

I am finding a big difference between Gold Nova I and Gold Nova II.

Players aim seem to be a hell of a lot better with more players using sniper rifles. I think I have hit my first ranking wall. Keeps putting me into II then busting me back to I. At Gold Nova 2 I find I have to use the AUG or SG to have any chance.

I am finding a big difference between Gold Nova I and Gold Nova II.

Players aim seem to be a hell of a lot better with more players using sniper rifles. I think I have hit my first ranking wall. Keeps putting me into II then busting me back to I. At Gold Nova 2 I find I have to use the AUG or SG to have any chance.

I personally found no difference between any of the GN rankings. Only noticed a difference when MGs starting being ranked with me.

Danger781 wrote: »
    I personally found no difference between any of the GN rankings. Only noticed a difference when MGs starting being ranked with me.
    I am starting to have more normal rounds now lol. I think I just had a streak of good teams vs me + randoms.

* Yep, I have just been hit with a load of bad teams, non English speakers wandering all over the map. Also just played Arms race for the first time. Great fun.

Anyone on for a "hows it goin" session of Arms Race and other casual modes Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

AK is not accurate in this game, it's been nerfed, I'm not usre it's actually different - I think it is more noticeable because of drawing distances in this game over 1.6 and css. As somebody that is used to it being more accurate it's annoying. If anything the cooldown should be smaller so we can tap.

AWP is 98% accurate, AK47 standing is 93% accurate, AK47 crouching is 96% accurate, Deagle standing is 90% accurate, deagle crouching is 95% accurate etc. The SG has a scope and is nearly completely accurate for 300 more.

I though the first ak bullet when standing/crouching was 100% accurate. But it definitely feels a hell of a lot different to the godlike 1.6 ak.
    I wonder will they ever nerf the SG, the fact the 100% accurate jump shot hasn't been changed it is pretty ridiculous.

They made over 7 mil on CS in the steam sale, 128 tick server time? :P

I just had a dirty weekend using the AUG and SG. I need a shower to rinse the filth off me. It really did boost my performance. Its difficult to switch back to the AK and M4A1 after seeing better results from the AUG/SG.

Its addictive :D

• Advertisement

I just had a dirty weekend using the AUG and SG. I need a shower to rinse the filth off me. It really did boost my performance. Its difficult to switch back to the AK and M4A1 after seeing better results from the AUG/SG.

Its addictive :D

Whatever works for you. I find them to be inferior weapons. The spray is more difficult to control and I hate that half the screen is obscured when you zoom. I definitely do worse with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Anyone on for a "hows it goin" session of Arms Race and other casual modes Saturday night?

I would be up for few games Saturday wouldn't be the best night for me tho :( would a whose online now thread be useful for this? Hate playing solo!

Cheers for the feedback on AK, definitly see where the issue is now.

1.6 AK first bullet used to go dead centre on reticle, so you could always crack a head and the second round probably hitting target also, meaning it was a lethal rifle for those that were accurate.

Did some testing last night and ****ing hell, rounds frequently just miss entirely. That's annoying as hell. Definitely going to be a centre mass rifle now.

M4 still seems reliable at picking headshots.

cadete wrote: »
    I would be up for few games Saturday wouldn't be the best night for me tho :( would a whose online now thread be useful for this? Hate playing solo!
    Have you joined the boards steam group yet. It's a great way to see who's currently online and what they are playing.

Solo play can be very frustrating in the competitive playlist. It's a real roll of the dice who you end up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Have you joined the boards steam group yet. It's a great way to see who's currently online and what they are playing.

Solo play can be very frustrating in the competitive playlist. It's a real roll of the dice who you end up with.

Yep part of the boards group, really enjoy competitive so far(only have like 60 hours played total) but like the social side of gaming as much as the games themselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 seanalot

Any competitions going this summer?

Also what's the forums steam group called?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

seanalot wrote: »

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/boards_ie

seanalot wrote: »

There's one happening on the Irish CSGO Facebook page at the moment, but it's badly organised. I don't mean to bad mouth anyone because if it wasn't for these lads then there wouldn't even be a competition - And I do appreciate the time they have put in.

• We were all split into groups a few weeks back. Then the groups were re-organised again and the games were put on hold. When this was finally sorted we were told we had until the end of June to finish our group games against each of the teams and then email him the result. No real involvement in getting the games done, no community timetable for watching games, etc.
    • There was no specifics on what rules we need to abide by for games. What I mean is, one game we played had 35 second bomb timers while another had 45 seconds. One game had slightly longer rounds than the other.
    • There was no list of servers available to the community for the games. If you wanted to play against another team you either needed to find a server or host your own.
    • One of the teams in our group never responded to our messages about organising a game. Another team in our group told us they could not play until August and three days ago pulled a massive u-turn and told us they can play. We all had plans this week so were unable to play before the end of the month so this team is looking to claim a default win. Their attitude towards us and the lack of respect they show when speaking to us about this didn't help either.

I know it's all just a bit of fun, but I hope next time it is handled better. I'll likely send over whatever recommendations I come up with to the admins of the group when the competition is over and done with.

Is there any correlation between games you think might have people hacking and match downloads that are corrupt.

2 games I was suspicious of both came up as corrupt downloads when I went to download them. One was months ago and another game last night. All other downloads are 100% fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 jjon

Is there any correlation between games you think might have people hacking and match downloads that are corrupt.

2 games I was suspicious of both came up as corrupt downloads when I went to download them. One was months ago and another game last night. All other downloads are 100% fine.
    There was a method a few weeks back which corrupted the demo but I'm 80% sure it was patch along with the introduction of 32 bit demos.

If you think a player is hacking after you report them just add them to a list on vacstatus, it's a handy tool for recording the hackers you come up against.

Advertisement