Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Weird how its takes feckin ages to get through the silver ranks. I hit gold nova the other day....5 games later im gold nova 2. Strange but kinda cool :)

Its a different ball game when you can actually somewhat rely on your teammates to cover an angle

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

You can never rely on your teammates unless you are a 5 stack at the highest ranks and even then :p

You can never rely on your teammates unless you are a 5 stack at the highest ranks and even then :p

Ninja edit of "somewhat rely" :pac:

Emphasis on the variable somewhat

Gonna try a game of mm now using only mac10 and mp9 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Lost a key here on this one, pretty annoyed. Seemed like a sure enough bet.
    xhdWwpj.png

To make up for the lost key I went BIG on Na'Vi in a BO5. Except s1mple decided to become godlike and destroyed Na'Vi.
    nINKj89.png

Now I'm chasing money :(

• Advertisement

How does the betting work? I've never bothered

How does the betting work? I've never bothered

CSGOLounge.com

Choose team. Choose skins. Bot sends trade offer.

It's that easy!

Yeah but like...

So you wager your skins like above? What do you win back?

Yeah but like...

So you wager your skins like above? What do you win back?

You win back skins! People bet skins and they all go into a pool. The value of this pool is added up, so you earn €x per € bet, depending on the odds.

Just an example of todays game Fnatic vs Vega. Odds were like 96% for Fnatic and 4% for Vega. I bet almost $30 of skins on Fnatic and won $1.17 worth of crappy skins.

hYVul5M.png

Another game today xGame vs Exploders was a bit more even. I bet on the favourite, Exploders and put down 4 keys against them. Managed to win about $6.50 worth of skins.

22Fs2qM.png

As it stands, I am currently -$12.85 in debt from betting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo esl cologne is on now, time to lose some more skins danger :P

• Advertisement

Burgo wrote: »
    http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo esl cologne is on now, time to lose some more skins danger :P

Raging, was going to bet on TSM and Dignitas as the odds were far too low for teams of this caliber. Got the time completely wrong, so when I logged on both games had already started.

Was hard to watch them win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Looking for more people around Silver Elite Master level to play with. Usually myself and 1 other Irish guy play but we would like more...

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Looking for more people around Silver Elite Master level to play with. Usually myself and 1 other Irish guy play but we would like more...
    Add me. I'm a little bit higher lvl but would be cool to play in a group

A.Gorilla wrote: »
    Add me. I'm a little bit higher lvl but would be cool to play in a group

Steam ID?

Steam ID?
    Bilco

People on nvidia who want more fps could try this: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/343kmi/nvidia_users_how_to_turn_down_your_cpu_usage_and/

Managed to squeeze a few extra frames!

Burgo wrote: »
    People on nvidia who want more fps could try this: http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/343kmi/nvidia_users_how_to_turn_down_your_cpu_usage_and/

Managed to squeeze a few extra frames!

Cool cheers.

but how much FPS do you need? Mine is constantly up about 200ish :confused:

Cool cheers.

but how much FPS do you need? Mine is constantly up about 200ish :confused:

Depends on your monitor. Most monitors are 60Hz so 60 FPS is fine.

Danger781 wrote: »
    Depends on your monitor. Most monitors are 60Hz so 60 FPS is fine.

Yeah that's what I'm saying :)

Also, after the above post I googled best settings for CSGO and they recommend a lot of it low to help competitive. I've adjusted to what they recommend and see feck all visual difference but an increase in FPS, so if people really do need the extra FPS...

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is there ever time where its worth buying a key to open a crate? Seems to be terrible value most of the time.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Is there ever time where its worth buying a key to open a crate? Seems to be terrible value most of the time.

Yeah it's all pure luck.

My friend got about €80 worth of stuff from 3 keys this week but must have spent at least 50 in the month or 2 before that!

ED E wrote: »

NEVER. Don't get sucked in!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Thats what I thought. I'll continue collecting dozens of cards for a free €2.50 ish cause its an addictive waist of time. Then buy some cheapo indie title to play :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Here is the csgo ireland facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/788347827915258/825961524153888/?notif_t=group_comment_reply
    There may be a LAN in Ireland for it soon so I'd suggest signing up if you wanna play some games with us :D

Here is the csgo ireland facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/788347827915258/825961524153888/?notif_t=group_comment_reply
    There may be a LAN in Ireland for it soon so I'd suggest signing up if you wanna play some games with us :D
    Damn...I dont do facebook :(

You don't ahve to have fb to play, just would make it easier for you to find a team. You could get one through boards or the LAN page when it is announced etc either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Any chance theirs a group of newcomers around to play with? I've only recently started playing. Been sticking to casual rather than going for competitive so far.

Mister Man wrote: »
    Any chance theirs a group of newcomers around to play with? I've only recently started playing. Been sticking to casual rather than going for competitive so far.
    Try competitive.Get your 10 wins to get a rank anyway. You'd be surprised how much better you can get very quickly.

Since the latest update CELT is now the default voice codec on all servers. Apparently this makes for crystal clear in-game comms, compared to the crap we've put up with for the last few years. Haven't personally tried it myself but I heard it's almost like being in teamspeak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I really need to get back playing this. Have played it in waves and spurts every now and then.

Reading back on the thread, the comparisons with people moaning about solo q in LoL is striking :D

Advertisement