Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Silent Hill - Del Toro and Kojima

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

As if cancelling Silent Hills wasn't enough, Konami are essentially trolling fans on Facebook now, promoting Silent Hill merchandise and beginning the posts with stuff like "due to popular demand". They couldn't care less.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Take with buckets of salt but rumour is that Microsoft are in talks to buy silent hills and make it an Xbox exclusive.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/29/silent-hills-rumored-to-be-resurrected-as-xbox-one-exclusive/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Take with buckets of salt but rumour is that Microsoft are in talks to buy silent hills and make it an Xbox exclusive.

http://comicbook.com/2015/05/29/silent-hills-rumored-to-be-resurrected-as-xbox-one-exclusive/

It wouldn't be the same game anyway, as those that were making it are gone! I'm sure it could still be good, I'd just not hold my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Buckets of salt sounds about right.

So many ridiculous things to that rumour that there is no way it can be true imo.

Firstly, 80% complete and a March 2016 release! No bloody chance, I'd be shocked if development had even started on it.

And billions of dollars to buy the IP, Microsoft already spent 2 billion on Minecraft. There is no way the Silent Hill IP is worth anything in the billion mark. Throw in MGS, Castlevania and PES and you still wouldn't be close to a billion.

Going to call it and say absolutely no chance of this happening.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

tok9 wrote: »
    Buckets of salt sounds about right.

So many ridiculous things to that rumour that there is no way it can be true imo.

Firstly, 80% complete and a March 2016 release! No bloody chance, I'd be shocked if development had even started on it.

And billions of dollars to buy the IP, Microsoft already spent 2 billion on Minecraft. There is no way the Silent Hill IP is worth anything in the billion mark. Throw in MGS, Castlevania and PES and you still wouldn't be close to a billion.

Going to call it and say absolutely no chance of this happening.

Id tend to agree. Silent Hill hasn't been a hit since SH2. Nobody cares about it anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

faceman wrote: »
    Id tend to agree. Silent Hill hasn't been a hit since SH2. Nobody cares about it anymore

I would say since Silent Hill 3.
    While 4 was a good game and got praised, it didn't have the same impact as previous titles. But hey still sold enough to warrent more sequels.

I think the problem with Silent Hill was that it got outsourced. It just wasn't the same when it was developed in house in Japan.

If the rumour had been in the millions and simply acquiring the IPs, that makes sense.

I'm not sure it's the best of ideas anyway unless they can also get Kojima and Del Toro in as let's be fair, that was a big reason behind the Silent Hills hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

To rub more salt into the wound, Junji Ito was also going to be involved ( Gyo, Uzumaki and Tomie ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Xenji wrote: »
    To rub more salt into the wound, Junji Ito was also going to be involved ( Gyo, Uzumaki and Tomie ).

I had read that yesterday, absolute crying shame this isn't happening, Junji Ito's work is just the most horrifically disturbing stuff out there, put that in a game and it would be so scary it'd be nearly unplayable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I find the bumping of this thread to be even more upsetting than any of that, you should not play with our broken hearts like this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's normally good news when Xenji bumps and old thread.

You raised my hopes and dashed them again, scoundrel.

It's normally good news when Xenji bumps and old thread.

You raised my hopes and dashed them again, scoundrel.

My most humble apologies :)

We could look forward to the PT inspired Allison Road though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Links234 wrote: »
    I had read that yesterday, absolute crying shame this isn't happening, Junji Ito's work is just the most horrifically disturbing stuff out there, put that in a game and it would be so scary it'd be nearly unplayable.

AmigaraDDR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

For those who originally downloaded and subsequently deleted P.T., there's a link below with instructions on how to get it back. This worked for me last night, how Sony and PSN feel about this I do not know but at least the choice is yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTdSC4P9ucI

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

dudeeile wrote: »
    For those who originally downloaded and subsequently deleted P.T., there's a link below with instructions on how to get it back. This worked for me last night, how Sony and PSN feel about this I do not know but at least the choice is yours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTdSC4P9ucI

Nice!

#****konami

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Doodleking

So the game was cancelled or not?

Doodleking wrote: »
    So the game was cancelled or not?

It has been cancelled over a year now which is a shame as Junji Ito would of came up with some incredible imagery, Kojima has since moved on to Death Stranding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

I can begin to describe the excitement I get when I see this thread being bumped. What stage of grief is after denial??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Acceptance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement