Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Silent Hill - Del Toro and Kojima

Options
  • 12-08-2014 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Just found a demo of a game called P.T. on ps4 store, anyone heard of this? Tried to play it but I had to stop, it was really creeping me out! Nice graphics though. I might have a go tomorrow when its not night-time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Ya I played it for a while. So so freaky.
    No idea what it's a bout but I might have a few beers later and try my nerves at it again.

It looks great too by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

It was in gamescom today. Nice tried finding it through search but did not come up. But saw in the demo section after your post. Thanks downloading it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

You can find it here:

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/pt-demo/cid=EP4511-CUSA01114_00-PPPPPPPPTTTTTTTT

"Avoid playing if you have a heart condition"

The mystery has been solved on NeoGaf it's a
    Silent Hill
    game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hideo Kojima And Guillermo del Toro Team Up For New Silent Hill.

v2xdu02mv4hmyl3kdnfm.gif

http://kotaku.com/hideo-kojima-and-guillermo-del-toro-team-up-for-new-sil-1620434191/all

Turns out the interactive trailer on the PSN store for P.T is gonna be a Konami Silent Hill, which is just all kinds of aweome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Great 10 hours of cutscenes :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

guillermo del toro KOJIMA

MY favourite director
    my favourite game designer
    my favourite horror game series

I.......I NEED TO SIT DOWN

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Darryl got sick of killing zombies, so he takes a vacation in Silent Hill.

Also, don't watch the video they link on Kotaku...oh my god i wanted to punch her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Had another stab at it there, got a little further, had to stop! very atmospheric, gorgeous graphics! I wish I could enjoy it a bit more!

Quite possible that this will be a PS4 exclusive as well seeing how it was launched on the PS store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I was watching someone playing it earlier and he screamed like a little girl playing it. I can't imagine it being a fun game in the dark with headphones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

So you should all probably complete it before we have to change the title of the thread and spoiler it....

Very very clever to release a demo like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Xenji wrote: »
    Quite possible that this will be a PS4 exclusive as well seeing how it was launched on the PS store.

Sony would have been shouting it from the roof tops if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Yeah there's no way they wouldn't have mentioned it as an exclusive if it was. Excited to see how this turns out..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

But P.T. was a tester to see if people were interested, and people obviously are, so it would probably been fairly soon if Sony are going to try and get the exclusive rights, as maybe they were waiting for the reaction first too.

Although, when you read the following sentence, only an idiot would think that this would not be wanted:

"Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro creating a new Silent Hill game starring Norman Reedus"

f6f.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Awesome idea, looks great. have it downloading now to play tomorrow. wish it wasn't spoiled for me by ign so would recommend playing it without looking if you haven't heard the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

It frightened the living fúck out of me earlier on. It looks great but I won't be goin near it till the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

This is the new SilentHill game by Kojima !
    I've played to right up to the end, but the randomness of the puzzle to get the end cinematic is insanely hard to get just right, over 3 hours at it now. But this chick on twitch managed to beat it afew hours ago and revealed its the new FOOKING SILENTHILL!!
    http://www.twitch.tv/soapywarpig/b/557446887

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Silent Hill has been through a lot butchering, I didn't really want to hear of any more resurrections of the series even if they could be good - I would've preferred Kojima and Guillermo del Toro to make a new IP, they're well capable and they wouldn't need to be careful with another game's artistic direction or fanbase. Meh, I'll probably still love it. PS4 exclusive demo, I hope that's just a promo thing and not any indication of full PS4 exclusive of the game... that would hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My God that is epic! Wasn't sure what the P.T thing was about, was gonna check it out later but now I gotta see it ASAP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

What a stroke of brilliance bringing these two together for a Silent Hill game! Amazing stuff. Can't wait to see what they come up with! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Thanks for the spoiler :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Playstation thread moved and merged with existing one.

Teaser trailer. Norman!!!

I have no doubt that what we have seen so far is running using the Fox Engine, which just adds more to the epicness of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I love the Silent Hill series, the earlier ones any way, haven't played any of the more recent one. Its good that its going back to a Japanese developer. Not sure how I feel about Norman Reedus being in it, Kojima sure love getting big name actors in his games these days. But its still cool none the less. Playing the teaser now and its fairly freaky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Just wanted to say, my original post didn't spoil that this is a Silent Hill game, it was edited after I posted! It would have been nice to let people discover that on their own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Spent three hours trying to beat the last bit to finish the demo but its just pure random and annoying. i was really enjoying it till then but even looking it up its still pure luck based

Ended up looking the last cutscene in the end

:mad:

pasta-solo wrote: »
    Just wanted to say, my original post didn't spoil that this is a Silent Hill game, it was edited after I posted! It would have been nice to let people discover that on their own!

Yeah I will take the blame for that one, thought that people would have known already seeing it was out for a couple of hours.

F×ck me the demo is tense. Stuck in a loop at the moment though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just when I thought I'd gotten over the fear of mutant babies I ended up with after watching Eraserhead...

1495ufl.jpg

Advertisement