Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Silent Hill - Del Toro and Kojima

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The creeking lantern thing is driving me mad. You clear it Johnny?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I got to the final random loop and gave up. Far too vague. Interesting demo overall though, a lot of potential if they push that sort of design in the full game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just hope Kojima stays well away from the writing aspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I just hope Kojima stays well away from the writing aspect.

hope del toro writes and directs and kojima designs

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

He might be attached to it like he was with lord of shadows, basically did nothing but put his name on the box to increase sales.

• Advertisement

he has stated multiple times he is too afraid off horror films especially foreign horror flicks. :P

I looked it up and seems there are different endings, different colour lights. Will have to start it again. Went through about 10 times and the only difference was a sentence on the wall changing some of its letters. Reminded me of the apartment in silent hill 4 the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've started the game 3 times and keep chickening out after turning the first corner. The light swinging and radio are scary. Something bad will happen if I walk through the door :(

zrQevPf.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Oat23 wrote: »
    I've started the game 3 times and keep chickening out after turning the first corner. The light swinging and radio are scary. Something bad will happen if I walk through the door :(

zrQevPf.png

You think the light swinging is scary?? All I'll say is FRIDGE...

Started watching del toro's The Strain, some great creepy scenes in it. Wonder when this will be released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

Xenji wrote: »
    Yeah I will take the blame for that one, thought that people would have known already seeing it was out for a couple of hours.

Kojima said he expected it would take a week before the secret was revealed. :(

http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/gamescom-2014-pts-name-origin-puzzle-difficulty-silent-hills-production-goals-more/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Occono wrote: »
    Kojima said he expected it would take a week before the secret was revealed. :(

http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/gamescom-2014-pts-name-origin-puzzle-difficulty-silent-hills-production-goals-more/

He underestimated Neogaf then, a user found it within two hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'm stuck walking through the hallway, no doors opening anymore except one
    is half opened with a creepy baby crying behind it
    don't know what to do now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

That's exactly where I am. Ran around for a while but just gave up.......was too scared to find out what happens next

That's exactly where I am. Ran around for a while but just gave up.......was too scared to find out what happens next

There didn't seem to be anything else to do, ended up turning it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Well after playing that for a few hours tonight I find myself with a new found love for walking down a dark hallway on the way to bed. Opening doors into dimly lit rooms is now a pure joy in the small hours.

NOT!!

Ffs, that demo was creepy. I still can't find the very last piece of the photo. Very middle one. Anyone know where the flip it is?!?!

Well after playing that for a few hours tonight I find myself with a new found love for walking down a dark hallway on the way to bed. Opening doors into dimly lit rooms is now a pure joy in the small hours.

NOT!!

Ffs, that demo was creepy. I still can't find the very last piece of the photo. Very middle one. Anyone know where the flip it is?!?!

I don't know exactly which is the middle one but the two trickiest ones I found were up on the ceiling near the front door and before you walk through the door down the steps. Before you go through the door turn around and it's on a step.

I have em all so if it's neither of these two I'll have a look for ya when I get a chance..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You have to look in through the door.. and zoom in I think.

I played on a bit more but gave up after a while as the bathroom door was only slighlty open so I couldn't find the piece in there.. Probably should have kept going in the loop...

.. but I got scared after the bit with the radio and no longer liked the heavy breathing going on :(

Yeah you have to zoom in on some things and press x on others. I got stuck on the swinging fridge. Gonna start it again today.

tok9 wrote: »
    You have to look in through the door.. and zoom in I think.

I played on a bit more but gave up after a while as the bathroom door was only slighlty open so I couldn't find the piece in there.. Probably should have kept going in the loop...

.. but I got scared after the bit with the radio and no longer liked the heavy breathing going on :(

Yeah, figured it out this morning. Nearly lost my life when
    the hand came out to shut the door
    :eek:

Thank f*ck that didn't happen last night. I think I'll be playing this in daylight hours only. I'm a huge fan of horror movies and don't scare easily but gaming is a whole different ball game, the immersion, control and choices put it on another level of creepiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭brady12

Freaky scary and brilliant in equal measure . Was tired and stuck so stopped last night. How long take beat demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So whats the deal with this :p
    Only on the ps4 store or?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ca...ca....can PS3 p-p-p-players play toooooo?

7813799.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

That's it. Going to have to add you to the kill list now, cormac.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That's it. Going to have to add you to the kill list now, cormac.

It was a genuine ask, I only have a PS3 and have to wait a month or so (destiny *cough*) until i get a PS4 and this looks sooooo pretty

Took a few days , many doors , lisa and weird **** but I finally bet it

I put to many hours into a teaser thats not even a game

I may need to validate my life O_o

NOT!!

Press start then press r3.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

Xenji wrote: »
    He underestimated Neogaf then, a user found it within two hours.

Not exactly, it was completed by accident. It was only last night when all the pieces came together and the way to beat it was found on gaf

I just beat the final loop in 9 minutes, its easy when you know what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Sony exclusive?

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Sony exclusive?

So far it seems to be. But since they've been so tight lipped about the whole project there's no real way of knowing until they officially announce it.

Advertisement