Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Silent Hill - Del Toro and Kojima

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'v heard that it won't be an Sony exclusive but wasn't an 'official' source so it's hard to verify.

Seeing this screenshot alot would make me 'NOPE!' the fuck out of there when playing the game, especially since it's rumoured that it may be Oculus Rift compatible...

ou4dQWb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

lol, even that screenshot freaks me out.... such a wuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Cravez wrote: »
    I'v heard that it won't be an Sony exclusive but wasn't an 'official' source so it's hard to verify.

Seeing this screenshot alot would make me 'NOPE!' the fuck out of there when playing the game, especially since it's rumoured that it may be Oculus Rift compatible...

ou4dQWb.jpg

I was playing it last night and felt 'safe' because I wasn't really progressing, just looking for something. I decided to look up and saw that fúcker up there. I nearly shít myself...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Cravez wrote: »
    especially since it's rumoured that it may be Oculus Rift compatible...

Christ almighty :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

lertsnim wrote: »
    Christ almighty :eek:

I just now found out what Oculus Rift is. Holeee fúck...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

No chance I would attempt it using the Rift.
    Id end up breaking my neck due to whiplash running out of the room!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw man, this would absolutely guarantee me buying Rift Morpheus although the cops might be called because they hear a Flanders-like woman screaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ripperman

Bloody Hell!? This just gets better and better! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So does this rely on psychological horror or just cheap jump scares???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Definitely more on the psychological side, there was only 1 or 2 jumpy moments but they fit in well and didn't come across as cheap.

For the most part, everything is there already and you just have to discover it each time you walk through that hallway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Jesus, that screenshot will haunt me.

I've had this downloaded for a while and haven't had to courage to start it up.

Please be on xbox

Retr0gamer wrote: »

For me it's more psychological horror. The sound effects, the story on the radio. It was the first time I was playing a game and thought 'if someone was on the verge of being a psycho and becoming a serial killer, this demo could actually push them over the edge' Just really got that vibe off it :pac: The shrieking of the swinging light, baby crying, radio static with messages coming through, writing on walls, lights dimming and changing colour, the odd glimpse of a messed up image, all while in 1st person is very effective. Much more effective than Outlast imo.

Watched a few mins of it on youtube. Even it made me nervous, creepy.

The reddit tagline on this image is "Edited" not sure what was done to the image but it looks incredible.

From http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2dlxuh/edited_levels_on_a_pt_screenshot_to_make_it_look/

http://i.imgur.com/KrhdC3a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This looks like it might be the scariest thing ever, game and film included

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

The reddit tagline on this image is "Edited" not sure what was done to the image but it looks incredible.

From http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2dlxuh/edited_levels_on_a_pt_screenshot_to_make_it_look/

http://i.imgur.com/KrhdC3a.jpg

Is that actually in game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It better be in game...if that **** exists in real life i'm outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

459024_600.jpg

Yupp that's in game. I remember walking around the corner, see your wan staring up at a light fitting and I just turned around and went back down the corridor I came from nope nope nope.

The graphics are brilliant, looks like a horror films, even though Hideo said he scaled back the graphics so people wouldn't guess it was konami's engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya I forget if it actually looked that good but the game definitely looked really good in general.

With that said.. Kojima did also mention that they turned the production values down a bit just so people wouldn't recognise it being the fox engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ah here I couldn't even handle Outlast. There's no way I'm going near this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

boqq4gz1fgquybzyjvuv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

About five minutes into the demo and absolutely shítting it :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yeah, it's pretty intense. I had an Eraserhead moment this evening. Really unsettled me.

I'm really impressed by how natural it looks. The lighting is excellent, the depth of field effect is really convincing and the mild fisheye effect works so much better than the distorting rectangular camera views we usually see in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Why does my hall have to look the god damn same as the one in the demo, I'm too afraid to leave my room now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

GerB40 wrote: »
    Press start then press r3.

That was the one... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

lads how do you restart the demo? I want to go for it from the beginning, mainly just so I can freak out my wife. I'm just stuck on an endless loop at the end now.

Roar wrote: »
    lads how do you restart the demo? I want to go for it from the beginning, mainly just so I can freak out my wife. I'm just stuck on an endless loop at the end now.

I deleted the game save data for the application. Seemed to do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

thank you sir.

Advertisement