Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Popping in from the May thread, with the was it planned question I found every second person has said to me was it a surprise or a shock. Strange the things people want to know !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Popping in from the May thread, with the was it planned question I found every second person has said to me was it a surprise or a shock. Strange the things people want to know !!

We were just discussing that - we don't get it either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

I'm 18+3 with my 4th and yesterday I felt a little kick but other than that it's little flutters there quiet faint too. I felt kicks with my last from 17 weeks so thought I'd be feeling more by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Ms2011 wrote: »
    I've been feeling this baby since about 16 weeks, really subtle somedays to where if I hadn't been pregnant before I wouldn't realise it was the baby.
    Feeling movement can also depend on your build & what way the baby is lying. They have so much room in there at the moment that you may not feel anything yet. I definately wouldn't worry before 20 weeks anyway or if you are worried just pop into your GP & they'll have a quick listen to the heartbeat for you & put your mind at ease.

Thanks Ms2011, I had a checkup yesterday and the heartbeat is thumping away so that's a big relief but I still can't wait to feel my baba, he / she must be lazy! Midwife says I prob had a few movements already and just put them down to gas or hunger etc. will be on the alert from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Thanks Ms2011, I had a checkup yesterday and the heartbeat is thumping away so that's a big relief but I still can't wait to feel my baba, he / she must be lazy! Midwife says I prob had a few movements already and just put them down to gas or hunger etc. will be on the alert from now on.

That's good to hear. Yeah it can be really hard to distinguish those early movements if you're not paying attention. Trust me when those kicks are keeping you awake at night you'll be glad for some peace;)

• Advertisement

Wahoo felt little movements and off to doc tomorrow for a check up so all good

20+1 today, can't believe I've reached the halfway stage already :eek:

Had my big scan today, everything looks good, I have one active little baba :)

And the big news is...........we're having a GIRL!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

That's great that all went well at the scan. My next scan isn't until 26 weeks, jealous :(

That's great that all went well at the scan. My next scan isn't until 26 weeks, jealous :(

That's all the scans I'll have now, won't see babs now until she's born!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Aww congrats :-) you have a boy already don't you?

• Advertisement

Aww congrats :-) you have a boy already don't you?

Yeah we have a little boy.
    'Gentleman's Family' is all I've been hearing all day:p

Bit nervous of the whole girl thing as I've only ever pictured myself with boys but I guess I'll learn:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

21w3d now & hubby was able to feel babs for the first time last night, this little maggot is definately a mover:D

21w3d now & hubby was able to feel babs for the first time last night, this little maggot is definately a mover:D

Oh it is lovely when daddy gets to feel movement - makes it more real for them I think

bp wrote: »
    Oh it is lovely when daddy gets to feel movement - makes it more real for them I think

Yeah instead of having to hear about nausea, tiredness & all the aches & pains all the time lol:D

I would love for them to be pregnant for a day :-)

bp wrote: »
    I would love for them to be pregnant for a day :-)

I'd give them until dinner time before they threw the towel in :D

Most of the symptoms I have (heartburn, bloating, indigestion, constipation and a blocked nose) my husband has most of the time, so he'd be fine!! I've gotten very little sympathy for the bloating and burpies that genuinely upset me, I've never had to deal with these things in my life, he has them 80% of the time, I never realised how awful it must be until now!

Aaaahhhhh stretch marks have started to appear :eek::eek::eek:

Painted the nursery over the weekend, if this baby ends up being a boy it's his own tough cos he's going in a pink & purple room:P

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

I've had heartburn for about 13 weeks now, 21 weeks in. Indegestion is so bad at the moment I feel horrible. Anyone have any tips that might have helped them? I've been on galviscon and rennie. Tried ginger ale and milk with ice. Would appreciate any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I've had heartburn for about 13 weeks now, 21 weeks in. Indegestion is so bad at the moment I feel horrible. Anyone have any tips that might have helped them? I've been on galviscon and rennie. Tried ginger ale and milk with ice. Would appreciate any help.

If it's really bad your doctor can prescribe something for you

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

He said he wouldn't feel comfortable prescribing anything as prescription meds can pass through the placenta, which made me nervous. I'd have to ask the doctor in the hospital if I wanted a prescription. Next visit isn't until after Christmas.
    If it's really bad your doctor can prescribe something for you

So are our bumps all set to decorate Christmas trees?

Leinster my friend was prescribed something for heartburn (something begining with Z, can't remember the exact name) so I'd definately ask further about it.

I've held off putting the Christmas tree off but it's going up on Friday, can't wait to see the little fella's face, it's the first year he'll really know what's going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sinead30

Hi Leinster, I suffered a fair bit with it last week and was told to try almond milk. I'm having a big glass of it everyday and no heart burn at all since. I can't say for defo that it's all down to the almond milk though but as it's apparently good for you anyway I would just give it a go. Avoid oranges/orange juice or anything really acidic as this will add to it- just think alkaline foods or drinks to neutralise that acid. Best of luck, I now know just how horrible heart burn can be.

Our decorations are up, no bump helping them out though really! I love Christmas decorations so they always go up the night of the Toy Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

I found my first one a a lot easier but it will be worth it

Yeah I found no.1 easier too though I've hit a good patch of eating & sleeping well at the moment I so can't complain too much.

• Advertisement

23+2 today, just back from the midwives & all is good. Baby is transverse now as opposed to breech so hopefully she's going in the right direction for a VBAC.

I've just exploded in the last week, there is no hiding my bump anymore & OMG my boobs are huge!!!:P

Hope everyone is feeling well x

Advertisement