Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

I think the constant fatigue is finally starting to wear off! I was 10 weeks on Monday and have weaned myself off the naps by going to bed at half 9 to 10 each night tg. Doing circuit training and swimming too which has helped with my energy levels. My one moan is (sorry if this is TMI!) very sore / dry nipples :-( But I know some ppl are way worse and I still haven't had any sickness so I can't complain. Hope you are all doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Yeah I'm 10w2d too & starting to get some relief. Still feels sick some evening ( like this evening) after dinner but by then it's nearly my son's bedtime so I can go to bed then too & watch some telly which helps.
    Only napping with my son every second day now too though I'm asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

You're giving me hope that I might only have 2 weeks of dealing with this nauseous feeling. I hate it. I was fine this morning, it kicked in this afternoon. My back is hurting (need to see physio next week), which is putting me in bad humour and when I try to rest it the nausea bubbles up (perfect description) and I feel like sh!t. If I keep busy it stops, but if I keep busy my back hurts....vicious circle.

I have a dinner with friends tomorrow night, not friends that are close enough that I want to tell yet, haven't told anyone. I have no idea how I'm going to get through it and eat proper meals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Good luck with the scan tomorrow spottybananas :-)

I had an early scan last week and heard that wonderful heart beat - so happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Baby4 wrote: »
    I am so pissed off today. My Mam went & told her sisters I'm pregnant. I'm really annoyed because - 1. She didn't tell them ALL, which is going to cause some to be offended. and 2. I wanted to tell them myself.

Can we go with she is just excited??? I don't blame you for being annoyed though.

Excited to start telling people now that I got a scan and a heart rate at eight weeks means a 98% successful pregnancy ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

Thought of telling my mam but i know that it would kill her not to tell people, so hard to keep it quiet. Having a scan with GP next week will be little over 10 weeks and if all goes well please God i am going to tell people then. Funny when its not your first, on my first i waiting till i was 12 weeks no bother didn't mind at all but this is my third so it is not as big a thing (that sounds bad but you know what i mean)
    On another note keep forgetting to take my folic acid and its starting to play on my mind a bit!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

That's pretty harsh Baby4 especially when you've not even had a scan yet to reassure yourself.

Great news on the scan bp, I have mine on Friday, I'm a bit nervous but also excited:)

I had my booking appointment today, feels like the ball is finally rolling!!

It was bad form of your mam alright.

Good luck with the scan - happy little heart beats are great

• Advertisement

Baby4 that's kinda why I want to hold off on telling the inlaws, my father in law is a lovely man but I don't trust him to keep a secret! We originally discussed telling them tonight after the scan if all is well but it will be late when we get home, and I would like to keep it to ourselves for another few weeks maybe, then tell both sets of parents then.

Can't wait to get the scan "out of the way" this evening, I just want to know either way, healthy heartbeat (yay) or none (at least we would know now instead of waiting until mid October).

Can't wait to get the scan "out of the way" this evening, I just want to know either way, healthy heartbeat (yay) or none (at least we would know now instead of waiting until mid October).

Best of luck with your scan hope all goes well :D

Baby4 that's kinda why I want to hold off on telling the inlaws, my father in law is a lovely man but I don't trust him to keep a secret! We originally discussed telling them tonight after the scan if all is well but it will be late when we get home, and I would like to keep it to ourselves for another few weeks maybe, then tell both sets of parents then.

Good luck :-)

Scan went great :) Measuring just under 8 weeks, strong heartbeat of 155ish (saw it beating away like a little birdie's heart), yolk sac visible, everything looks great with uterus, ovaries, sonographer was very happy with it all. We are, of course, just in more shock, obviously now it's all a bit real!

My husband's face was hilarious when you could clearly see the heart beating, something like this :eek: :P

Scan went great :) Measuring just under 8 weeks, strong heartbeat of 155ish (saw it beating away like a little birdie's heart), yolk sac visible, everything looks great with uterus, ovaries, sonographer was very happy with it all. We are, of course, just in more shock, obviously now it's all a bit real!

My husband's face was hilarious when you could clearly see the heart beating, something like this :eek: :P

great news spottybananas best feeling ever just such a relief to see the heartbeat but also makes it very real
    in relation to the nausea are u taking pregnancy vitamins? not good for the nausea can make it alot worse
    really hoping its stops at 12 weeks its just so horrible

great news spottybananas best feeling ever just such a relief to see the heartbeat but also makes it very real
    in relation to the nausea are u taking pregnancy vitamins? not good for the nausea can make it alot worse
    really hoping its stops at 12 weeks its just so horrible

I was taking them, but I couldn't bring myself to take them last week, mainly because it said take with main meals and I wasn't eating more than a few mouthfuls at any one time.

I might ditch them and go back to just the folic acid. I know people often said when they used to prescribe iron to all pregnant women it made their nausea much worse, but I didn't realise the vitamins were the same.

For some reason the scan hasn't really made it any more real now to me, it's like my brain thinks it was someone else's, or like it's a silly game or something. In some weird way I think the scan will now let me forget about it all again for a few weeks as I know everything is fine so I can just relax and wait for more stuff to happen and prove it! I have no desire to tell anyone either, which is the opposite of how my husband feels, he wants to tell our parents NOW. He was trying to sweet talk me saying that I should tell some of my close friends and family, but I have zero urge to tell anyone, it's great! I can't get the words out, so I don't want to be in a position where I have to.

Congratulations spottybananas :-) I am just too excited not to tell people but trying to tell my best friend first and she is making it very difficult to meet up!!!

I've been avoiding my friend who lives nearby, I wanted to tell her but if she tells her husband the whole place will know, so I'm trying to avoid it. I was planning on calling another friend and telling her but the urge to has just gone off me now. I speak to or see my parents a few times a week and am almost scared of telling them (for no good reason!), so don't want to tell them either.

It comes down to (with parents) admitting you had sex - my husband was so nervous telling his even though we were married and had lived together for years

bp wrote: »
    It comes down to (with parents) admitting you had sex - my husband was so nervous telling his even though we were married and had lived together for years

No that wouldn't be it, his family are very open and quite dirty minded buggers, wouldn't bother them at all! Mostly the same with my family, I just know they'll all be shocked so I can't get the words out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

I'm 11 weeks tomorrow & still haven't told my family I keep putting it off lol but I need to tell them. On my others they knew from 6 weeks so I'd say they'll get a fright when they find put I'm 11 weeks.

We're telling everyone on Saturday as long as all is well with the scan on Friday, I'll be almost 12 weeks then.
    I was 8w4d when I told everyone last time as I just couldn't wait, this time I'm in no rush. Tbh I'm just telling everyone Saturday as by chance we will be meeting up with both families then so it'll save us having to go around everyone individually.

Well our ultrasound went great today, babs was so active the nurse had a job getting a clear pic :p
    Measuring 2 days bigger than my dates so they've given me a date of 4th April but I know when I concieved so I know I'm due 6th April. Just such a relief to see a healthy baby with a strong heartbeat...ooohhh it's all getting a bit real:eek:

Are any other first timers having moments/days of sheer panic? Or anyone who already has children, have you any tips for dealing with it?

I'm quite an anxious person after a situation a few years back which induced panic attacks, I dont have attacks any more, instead I get anxiety and panic symptoms at a low to medium level for hours at a time :( As you can imagine, a quite surprising pregnancy has given these feelings a lot to feed on :( I keep doubting myself, this decision, getting scared and worked up. I know pretty much everyone copes when they have to but right now I feel wholly unprepared and immature...

Are any other first timers having moments/days of sheer panic? Or anyone who already has children, have you any tips for dealing with it?

I'm quite an anxious person after a situation a few years back which induced panic attacks, I dont have attacks any more, instead I get anxiety and panic symptoms at a low to medium level for hours at a time :( As you can imagine, a quite surprising pregnancy has given these feelings a lot to feed on :( I keep doubting myself, this decision, getting scared and worked up. I know pretty much everyone copes when they have to but right now I feel wholly unprepared and immature...

Im really sorry your feeling like this but i would imagine it is a very common reaction for alot of people, but im due my third baby and believe me you will look a back on these moments and laugh because what is going to happen you next April please God will be the best thing that will ever happen you in your life but we cant alway see that at the time. hope these feelings pass try getting as much rest as you can because i know myself that when im tired everything seems alot worse xxx

Thanks, ironically I definitely don't need rest, I have far too much free time alone at home so I barely burn any energy outside of work. Not tired, just way too much time alone to think.

Thanks, ironically I definitely don't need rest, I have far too much free time alone at home so I barely burn any energy outside of work. Not tired, just way too much time alone to think.

maybe the opposite might work get out and do some exercise best form of therapy nothing better than a good walk to clear your head xx

Ah that is natural - who doesn't get nervous about stuff :-)

My poor hubby is at the receiving end of my mood swings!

bp wrote: »
    Ah that is natural - who doesn't get nervous about stuff :-)

My poor hubby is at the receiving end of my mood swings!

Yeah I know nervous is normal, this isn't nervous. This is basically sustained panic/anxiety attacks, which is a bit worse than nervous.

• Advertisement

Yeah I know nervous is normal, this isn't nervous. This is basically sustained panic/anxiety attacks, which is a bit worse than nervous.

It is a massive change and obviously shock and even with both my planned pregnancy I had worry (not panic attacks thankfully). Would you maybe consider talking to your gp or going to pregnancy yoga - the best thing about pregnant groups is that you get to talk to other mammy's to be who are great at calming you down.

Good luck and you are doing great so far

Advertisement