Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

That's great news Baby4! It's such a relief isn't it? My bump has gotten huge lately too, just over the last two weeks or so. Have to start buying things for baby in the New Year, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I get my big scan next week - so excited! Great Christmas present alright

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I don't get to see babs again until she's born, 16 weeks is too long to wait!!

SIL gave me some newborn babygros & vests, I'd totally forgotten how teeny they are ♡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I had a public scan at 12 weeks, repeat of it at 16 weeks, and not back again until 26 weeks for the next one. We've had private ones in between which is good because the 12 & 16 week public scans were such poor quality, seeing a head was doing well.

Baby4 wrote: »

On my last baby I got another scan 5 weeks after my 20 week one because baby had his hands up over his face & they couldn't check for cleft palate.
    Did they not give you a reason for the scan??

I've been lucky not to have had hip problems with either pregnancy so no real advice to give other than maybe mention it to your midwife.
    I have a rotten head cold courtesy of my 2.5 yr old atm & if that wasn't enough the Gods have seen fit to also bestow the vomiting bug on me too :(
    Babs doesn't seem to have gotten the memo that mammy is not well & has been twice as active than usual. Usually I love the kicks but being kicked from the inside while feeling like death warmed up is no fun:(

Oh you poor thing MS2011:-(

I get my scan today and finish for Christmas tomorrow - cannot wait for the break.... Have been sick all months with sore throats etc

• Advertisement

Fit to burst, not enoough room in this body for Christmas dinner & a half baked human :P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

This is the year our babies will be born ladies, it's getting close now! Everyone keeps telling me it'll fly in now so I better get my act in gear and pick out a buggy and start picking up the essentials. Hope everyone had a good Christmas x

Made a start today, OH put together the cot & the nursery's decorated, I took down & washed all the neutrel clothes I had from my son, bought some new pink babygros for the hospital & put together some bits for my hospital bag. Bouncy chair, play gym & travel system I will be reusing from my son as they are unisex. Bought the Angelcare monitors last week & I'll pick up a few bits each week for my hospital bag. Other than that I've not too much to buy as I'm reusing as much as I can, can't believe I've only 13 weeks to go:eek:

We haven't a thing done, won't be making a start until Feb/March, youve just made me count up how many weeks I've left and its 16, argh!!! You're so organised!

We haven't a thing done, won't be making a start until Feb/March, youve just made me count up how many weeks I've left and its 16, argh!!! You're so organised!

On my son I had everything bought & the nursery decorated by 16 weeks, so I'm running late on this one :D

Ms2011 wrote: »
    On my son I had everything bought & the nursery decorated by 16 weeks, so I'm running late on this one :D

Wow. I'd just be too conscious that if something went wrong we'd have to deal with removing it all again, but I know my attitude is coloured by people close to me having late/very late losses. We'll have everything ready at about 36 weeks I'd say.

Wow you are all so organised! I feel bad now that I didn't start over Christmas but have most of what we need from the first one. Plan to start preparing in February :-)

And happy New year all

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Hi Ladies, can I join you? I'm booked in on 23rd April for c-section in Mullingar on my third. I have two boys aged 10 and 15 months, a big gap I know but I wasn't ready. I guess I'm making up for it now. Since there's only a short time since I was pregnant last I have almost everything there, I'm sure I'll find something I've left out. right now I've the cough from hell, the mother of all head colds, baby is kicking like mad and toddler is refusing to sleep argh.......

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

Hi ladies, I have all the stuff from my first baby girl who is 13 months old today. Im due on the 3rd of April with another little woman... Busy house for us... I haven't touched the other nursery yet, am thinking of doing it the same as the other one, what do ye think of that??? Should I go with something else... I love the first one that I did....

• Advertisement

I only re-decorated because I'm having a girl this time round, if I were having another boy I'd probably just leave it as is, just freshen it up a bit.

Well this is a new room altogether, my little one is still in her room....

Yeah I suppose we're not doing up any room for it, we don't have a "nursery", it's just going into the spare room so no painting or decorating to be done for it, if we were doing up a lovely room for it then I'd probably start this month or next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I'm torn as to whether to spend the money doing up our spare room to make it a nursery... I'm assuming babs will be in with us for the first six months anyway? They do look so nice though! We got a changing table to put in spare room and will have their clothes in there but naps will be initially in bassinet of pram and then cot in our room so not sure when it would be used?

Yeah exactly, it'll be in with us for at least 6 months, friends of mine with a MASSIVE house and ample space still have their baby in with them at 13 months, their nursery is completely decorated since before he was born and completely unused!

This is a picture of out first nursery....The bab has been in there since she was four and a half months old. (she was a very light sleeper).. We were thinking of doing the same again for number two, or changing the colours maybe.. Any suggestions???

Ooh I love your decal, we have a few of them around the house :) I'd do something very similar but different colours, I wouldn't do two rooms exactly the same, bit of a waste of a whole new room to decorate..!

Our son got evicted from our room at 11 weeks, he kept us awake & OH kept waking him up snoring.
    I can see this baby going into the nursery even earlier as OH has to be up v.early in the mornings for work so it wouldn't be fair to be keeping him awake with night feeds etc. That's why I invested in the Angelcare monitors for peace of mind.

For some mad reason I weighed myself today, bad idea. I've put on just under 1.5 stone, I can't even believe it. I googled it (another bad idea) and it says I've gone slightly above the ideal weight gain for my height and this stage, hmm. Hoping it evens out, was not a pleasant surprise to see the scales so close to 12 stone! :eek: I think it was just such a shock because I'm in the same bras, same size clothes and some smaller ones actually (except for needing maternity jeans/bump band because normal ones are uncomfortable), it's not even noticeable on me anywhere really. Must be a very heavy baby :p

• Advertisement

Ooh I love your decal, we have a few of them around the house :) I'd do something very similar but different colours, I wouldn't do two rooms exactly the same, bit of a waste of a whole new room to decorate..!

Thank you, I was thinking the same, do the panelling and maybe use different colours on the top...and a nice vibrant blind...

Advertisement