Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options
1454647484951»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ccardoso33

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Alot of growing up in the last few weeks, no more naps, no more cot she's in her 'big girl bed':)
    She's also potty trained now, took a whole 5 days, couldn't believe it, my son was a nightmare. She still has a pull up on at night which is still wet occasionally in the morning so I'll leave that a few more weeks.
    Just get rid of the soother (she only uses at bedtime) and I'll be laughing :D

You are rocking it! We are only wee trained and struggling to give up the soother! Naps were history but with a newborn in the house she's back to occasional naps. Good luck with getting rid of the soother, we are giving her some time to adjust to the baby and then go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

ccardoso33 wrote: »
    You are rocking it! We are only wee trained and struggling to give up the soother! Naps were history but with a newborn in the house she's back to occasional naps. Good luck with getting rid of the soother, we are giving her some time to adjust to the baby and then go for it!

Thanks, the soother is going to be a battle I know that. She's had a lot of changes in the last while so I don't mind leaving it a little bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

ccardoso33 wrote: »

Congratulations on the new baba!

Yes we definitely have a big girl here - in her bed about six months, toilet trained since end of January but not at night. We initially did both at same time but she kept waking 2/3 times a night to wee so we were all exhausted! Thankfully soother is gone since before she turned two as I think it would be very hard now she’s so fecking stubborn!

Kidney stone/renal issues seem to be sorted fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Toilet trained since before Christmas but only during the day as I like sleep. Been in a big bed for nearly a year now due to ninja skills or escaping even with a grow bag. Talking improving so that's good but then again they never stop! Loves Lego so keep standing on it as they sleep with it

Anyone else feeling emotional about the start of playschool? My monkey is so excited for it but I’m really going to miss our days together on Mondays and Tuesdays!

We didn’t get great news from the hospital the last time - it turns out she has a rare genetic condition affecting her kidneys so she will make stones her whole life :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Sorry to hear that Angel Delight. Hopefully it is manageable.

I don't know how school will go, not great at being away from family at all since I am home all day but we will see. It will be odd being at home without a child a few hours a day.

Not great at sharing and automatic reaction is screaming and hitting so a little worried about that. Words improving so hopefully it will be ok

Starting Montessori next week, she did a walk around about a month ago & seemed fine about it, loved that they had 'little toilets' ha!!
    That said I'm not sure how she will react when it's time for me to leave. Gonna really miss her in the mornings though, she drives me mad some days but she's my little errand buddy & I'll miss that one to one with her.

Sorry Angel to hear about your little girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

I just found out I'm pregnant for the second time! Baby due in May 2019.. Here I go again.....................

Congratulations :)

• Advertisement

Baby4 wrote: »
    Hi ladies,

I just found out I'm pregnant for the second time! Baby due in May 2019.. Here I go again.....................

Congratulations xx

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

Hi there, first time posted on this forum.

Who is sending their little one to school in September, or are you waiting until September next year??

Emanine wrote: »

Who is sending their little one to school in September, or are you waiting until September next year??

Next September (2020).

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Emanine wrote:

My girl is March and she is starting until Sept 2020,

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

My boy is ready academically, but not socially, so I'm having trouble deciding!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Emanine wrote:

I'm a strong believer in waiting until they are 5 to start. If he starts this September he will probably be the youngest in his class, there will be kids a full year or more older than him in it.

I don't think you will ever regret waiting until next year but you might regret sending him early, and then having to make the decision to keep him back at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

2020 no question. Social skills are just as important, if not more important than academics at their age. He will be in school long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Sept 2020 he’s just not ready at all this year.

My son (also an April baby) was the exact same. I left him until 5 too & it was absolutely the right thing.
    With the 2 free ECCE years most kids are 5 starting now.

2020 for sure, our daughter is very social, verbal etc but I think let them be little as long as possible... they’ll be in school long enough!

• Advertisement
Advertisement