Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Child benefit up by a fiver a month ladies, that's good for us :-) Told everyone in my job my news there last week, got away with it till 14 weeks which wasn't bad. My only moan at the moment is that I'm gone v spotty, feel like a teenager again! Other than that I feel great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I will tell work Friday post scan if the spots and tummy don't give it away! Oh and huge boobs!!!

bp wrote: »
    I will tell work Friday post scan if the spots and tummy don't give it away! Oh and huge boobs!!!

It's like puberty all over again isn't it?! OH is mermerised by the size of my boobs lately but he doesn't have to carry them around all day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    I have my scan on Friday - I am so excited!! I'm just hoping I get to hear that little heartbeat!!!!!! I'm 14 weeks now too and I'm super spotty as well. Other than that- I'm feeling much more positive and have a lot more energy than I did a few weeks ago. I'm feeling a lot 'fuller' in the belly area- but that could still be bloating.

Cannot wait to tell people, as I am no good at keeping exciting news to myself, but I've managed it this far...

How did you get on Baby4?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »
    I got on brilliantly!! The baby was very active, strong heartbeat, etc etc. They also said that he/she is a good size, etc.

I didn't find out the sex, I'd rather leave it a mystery!

It was really lovely for my hubby to be able to actually see the baby on the monitor. He was so emotional from it all - he says it only became 'real' for him then. And I was so emotional when I heard the heartbeat!!

Hearing the little heartbeat for the first time is just magical isn't it? I'm the same I don't want to know the sex but I think these days most people do find out.
    Delighted you got on well anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Hi All
    I'm 14 weeks and still so sick finding it hard to keep anything down....anyone else experiencing this or know how long it will last?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Mine only started to taper off at around 14 weeks though I still have days now (16 weeks) that I feel v.unwell but it's more managable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

mollycasey wrote: »
    Hi All
    I'm 14 weeks and still so sick finding it hard to keep anything down....anyone else experiencing this or know how long it will last?

There's no way of knowing how long it will last, could be a few more days it could be until you deliver, everybody's different. Have you talked to your go about it?

• Advertisement

I got the flu injection yesterday, has anybody else gotten it? No side effects so far thankfully!

No never got the flu injection last time so probably won't this time either, most people seem to get it but I didn't feel it neccessary myself.

Had a great appointment with the consultant today. She was so positive about me having a VBAC & she even said I coud go to the local clinic for my future appointments until nearer my due date so no more trekking into the hospital & waiting hours to see a doctor for 10mins:)
    Got a quick scan, baby is measuring perfectly & is really acttive. I've been feeling so much movement in the last week, no mistaking it, I'm not suprised after seeing this little one boucing around on the scan :)

That is brilliant

Ms2011 wrote: »
    No never got the flu injection last time so probably won't this time either, most people seem to get it but I didn't feel it neccessary myself.

Yeah a lot of people I know didn't get it, seems to be down to personal choice. so hard to decide on something when there's no 'right' choice!
    Delighted you got on so well, no movements yet for me but hopefully soon.

Had my first pregnancy yoga session tonight, was really good.
    Instructor has some good info on VBAC & how to prepare for it so looking forward to going again :)

I should give that a try! Might help the joints!

I really want to try pregnancy yoga or pilates but the only ones Ive seen advertised are in different towns 45mins away, not practical! There's a big town 15 mins away but I could only find one pregnancy yoga class online for there and they started in sept and were fully booked.

That's a pity Spotty, it's nice even just to have the hour or so to spend on just yourself.
    I find with having another small child I haven't had too much time to bond with this baby so it's nice to have the hour where I can just give me & him/her my full attention.

Does anyone else find it odd when neighbours/ non very close friends ask: was it planned? Are you happy etc. People keep asking me that and I just find it odd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 sinead30

I find that very odd bp. I haven't had it yet myself but think I'd be annoyed if I did. If you don't mind me asking bp, are you married? I'm only asking as this might explain some of the narrow minded comments you're getting, as some assume that you must be married to 'plan' a pregnancy, a very old-fashioned view but, for the older generation, a common one. If this is the case for you bp I'd try not take it personally just be glad there are far more open minded people out there these days.
    If however you are married then I just don't have an explanation, maybe it is something most pregnant women get asked and I'm out of the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

bp wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it odd when neighbours/ non very close friends ask: was it planned? Are you happy etc. People keep asking me that and I just find it odd!

I've had people ask me that too on this pregnancy & previous pregnancy's tbh I think it's quiet rude to ask & very annoying. My first was a surprise but 2nd, 3rd & this one were planned.

I'm getting quite annoyed with people's comments on how many children I have, I'm pregnant with my 4th and people tell us were mad & that we've been 'busy' or we'll have a football team soon. I didn't think 4 was loads. Our neighbour has also been saying to another neighbour were popping babies out wish people would keep their opinions to themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

sinead30 wrote: »
    I find that very odd bp. I haven't had it yet myself but think I'd be annoyed if I did. If you don't mind me asking bp, are you married? I'm only asking as this might explain some of the narrow minded comments you're getting, as some assume that you must be married to 'plan' a pregnancy, a very old-fashioned view but, for the older generation, a common one. If this is the case for you bp I'd try not take it personally just be glad there are far more open minded people out there these days.
    If however you are married then I just don't have an explanation, maybe it is something most pregnant women get asked and I'm out of the loop.

I'm not married so maybe that's why I've got the same comments but I've been with my other half 11 years next month so we might as well be lol

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

I'm not married so maybe that's why I've got the same comments but I've been with my other half 11 years next month so we might as well be lol

I got asked the same, person that I would just know say hello to in a shop the other day and im married with two children thought it was really strange but there are all sorts out there I think its a very personal question like what does it matter and what business is it of anyones!!!!

You can't win, if you've one you're quizzed as to when you'll have another, have anymore than 2 you get all the 'football team' jokes ;)
    I got the asked whether no.1 was planned which I thought was quite rude, not so much on this one, dunno if it's because I got married in March so people were probably expecting it.

A few years ago I had an fb joke post that was doing the rounds that eluded to you being pregnant, but was actually about being 12 weeks from Christmas. I had one old "friend" (an old manager of mine) who I rarely saw send me a message saying congrats and was it planned? What a bizarre question from a stranger! I wouldn't mind people close to me/us asking that, I often ask my besties bizarre questions :p One of my best friends knew we were trying (albeit briefly) and another asked was it planned, the rest I told it wasn't really very fecking planned! We haven't told many yet but I'd say I'll get a bit of this.

Just ignore it, it's just peoples brains making odd surprised chitchat :) Or if it's a stranger or bothers you look them right in the eye and say "That's a very personal question don't you think?" and look at them like you expect an answer ;)

Married a few years now and already have one! The only explanation I can think of was that I never said I was trying to anyone - it can take time and unfortunately they don't always make the 12 weeks but it is really weird!!! Even the besties don't ask that question

I'm starting pregnancy Pilates next week, can't wait! Also I'm just wondering, have many of you felt the first little kick yet?? I was 18 weeks on Monday and still haven't felt one but I heard it takes up to 20 weeks on your first for some women :-(

I'm starting pregnancy Pilates next week, can't wait! Also I'm just wondering, have many of you felt the first little kick yet?? I was 18 weeks on Monday and still haven't felt one but I heard it takes up to 20 weeks on your first for some women :-(

I've been feeling this baby since about 16 weeks, really subtle somedays to where if I hadn't been pregnant before I wouldn't realise it was the baby.
    Feeling movement can also depend on your build & what way the baby is lying. They have so much room in there at the moment that you may not feel anything yet. I definately wouldn't worry before 20 weeks anyway or if you are worried just pop into your GP & they'll have a quick listen to the heartbeat for you & put your mind at ease.

• Advertisement

I think I felt movement...hopefully

Advertisement