Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

bp wrote: »
    It is a massive change and obviously shock and even with both my planned pregnancy I had worry (not panic attacks thankfully). Would you maybe consider talking to your gp or going to pregnancy yoga - the best thing about pregnant groups is that you get to talk to other mammy's to be who are great at calming you down.

Good luck and you are doing great so far

I was going to mention it to my gp but tbh she's not really "my" gp if you know what I mean, I don't know her well, and she was fine but a bit...I don't know, stand-offish when I confirmed the pregnancy, that was the first time I met her. I usually go to that practice but to the male doctors, I went to her just because pregnancy is one of the few things I'd like a female doctor for. I've had bad experiences in the past with doctors dismissing anxiety/panic so it's not something I'm inclined to do easily.

I'm not a group exercise kind of person, I might give yoga a go here on my own with Youtube or something. There are none locally anyway, any kind of groups or evening classes are about 30-45 minutes away.

I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and ignore it, and get used to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Sorry my reply didn't post - the gist of it was that we on boards are a good sounding board so keep posting you are doing your best and people cannot ask for anything more

Thanks bp. One of my closest friends left me a message asking me to call her for a chat, I'm avoiding it because I really don't feel ready to discuss it yet, but at the same time I hate the sense of keeping something from those closest to me. Everyone else seems to get excited and want to tell people, we can't even say the words pregnant or baby yet!

Thanks bp. One of my closest friends left me a message asking me to call her for a chat, I'm avoiding it because I really don't feel ready to discuss it yet, but at the same time I hate the sense of keeping something from those closest to me. Everyone else seems to get excited and want to tell people, we can't even say the words pregnant or baby yet!

I know the feeling, we were scared telling people too and it wasn't a surprise and it is so difficult not to mention this huge life changing news.

Could you ring her, let her talk and then make an excuse that you have to go before the topic turns to you?

I know the feeling, we were scared telling people too and it wasn't a surprise and it is so difficult not to mention this huge life changing news.

Could you ring her, let her talk and then make an excuse that you have to go before the topic turns to you?

Yeah in one way you almost forget about it sometimes because so far obviously I look the same and there's no evidence, so you feel like you're imagining it or something, despite proof! Then at the same time your head is telling you it's HUGE NEWS, so confusing :p

Already had a phonecall with a friend this morning who was saying the usual "What's new with you, any news?", telling her that no we're boring and just busy with work, no news..... :pac:

• Advertisement

I can not stop eating.... Why hello food have you met my tummy

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fuffle

I can not stop eating.... Why hello food have you met my tummy

I'm the opposite! 13 weeks 3 days and still have no appetite, especially in the evenings :( Its pants, nausea has gone, but the thoughts of most foods makes me feel sick.

And to top things off, eczema I've had since I was a baby has sky rocketed - what started out as two tiny patches at the bottom of my legs that I've had for most of my life and therefore barely even noticed for years - has exploded onto all over the bottom of my legs, feet, soles and the palm of my left hand.

I. Am. Gorgeous.

Fuffle wrote: »
    I'm the opposite! 13 weeks 3 days and still have no appetite, especially in the evenings :( Its pants, nausea has gone, but the thoughts of most foods makes me feel sick.

And to top things off, eczema I've had since I was a baby has sky rocketed - what started out as two tiny patches at the bottom of my legs that I've had for most of my life and therefore barely even noticed for years - has exploded onto all over the bottom of my legs, feet, soles and the palm of my left hand.

I. Am. Gorgeous.

Oh you poor thing, I hope it clears up for you soon :-(

I was at a party this weekend the the endless drink watching is tiresome.... Stop staring at my glass to see what is in it!

Oh you poor thing, I hope it clears up for you soon :-(

I was at a party this weekend the the endless drink watching is tiresome.... Stop staring at my glass to see what is in it!

You poor thing Fuffle.

Do people really do that, looking at your glass?? I was at a party this weekend and I just drank a coke, (usually I'd pour a glass of wine just for show and take a few tiny sips but I didn't even want any, too much food eaten!), one person asked was I not drinking, I said "nope", and that was it! So I actually had an empty wine glass in front of me for the night and nobody even noticed :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

13 weeks today, goodbye sucky first trimester hello (hopefully) better second trimester :D

We told everyone last week so no more hiding, it's a relief in one way cos I don't have to be on my guard 24/7 with excuses on hand for different things but it's also a pain too cos now all anyone wants to talk to me about is pregnancy :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

You poor thing Fuffle.

Do people really do that, looking at your glass?? I was at a party this weekend and I just drank a coke, (usually I'd pour a glass of wine just for show and take a few tiny sips but I didn't even want any, too much food eaten!), one person asked was I not drinking, I said "nope", and that was it! So I actually had an empty wine glass in front of me for the night and nobody even noticed :p

Yep a big deal was being made of it but I think people were just drunk and not realising what is and isn't appropriate

Woke up this morning and got dressed in my usual jeans, looking the same as usual. As of this afternoon I have some ridiculous bloating going on (and I'm not someone who ever has bloating or digestion issues so this HURTS!) and look properly, actually, pregnant. Gulp :eek: This is scary...

It's amazing how every day brings different things and changes and worries. Ironically while I'm generally anxious about telling some people about this and about the actual practicalities of having and raising a child, I'm freakishly calm about other things. Like the fact that today tmi
    I've had some bright red bleeding, after some brown spotting yesterday after sex
    . There's no point doing anything, just going to wait and see if it goes away. I know I do have a cervical erosion that is a bit of a drama queen sometimes and bleeds easily after smear tests etc, so for now I'm not too worried. I'm more annoyed by the pains in my arm and ab muscles that feel like I've done a massive workout!

How's everyone else doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »

That was the first time in a month because I was quite sick for 2 weeks and bloated and horrible for the rest of it, I was getting desperate, that'll teach me lol!

The bloating is horrible, it seems so far that I'm getting the stereotypical bloating in the evenings after being fine all day. I definitely wouldn't need maternity clothes any time soon thank God, I could get a looong way into winter with my usual winter clothes!

I get anxious on days I don't have much to do, which is crap. When I'm busy I'm fine, when I'm off work or it's a quiet day I have too much time to think ad get really worried about lots of things. I'm trying to work towards telling my parents at the moment that's stressing me even more, I don't think it will go down well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

Hope everyone is well :) I had my first scan Friday was great seeing baby kicking away. Baby is measuring 4 days behind but there leaving my due date at 9th april. Back again 2nd December seems so far away lol also had something show up in my urine sample so they've sent it to the lab. She said she thinks I'm dehydrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭LoopyLolly88

Baby4 wrote: »
    Loopylolly88 - that is so exciting! I won't have my first scan until the 17th October- it can't come quick enough!!!

Aww it won't be long coming for you :)

I'm almost certain I've felt baby move too little flutters can't wait to feel the kicks.

I'm almost certain I've felt baby move too little flutters can't wait to feel the kicks.

I'm getting that too, it's still at the stage where I'm second guessing whether I really felt it or not.
    Felt my first at 16/17 weeks so that's just 2/3 weeks away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Get up every morning and I look normal, then from four o clock onwards I am huge! By bedtime I have a proper bump, it's amazing. Last two weeks I am very congested (headcold) too which is right on schedule. I'm loving being pregnant and all the little changes :-) :-) hope everyone is keeping well!

• Advertisement

You poor thing :(

Despite my husband's jokes about me being over emotional luckily I haven't been more prone to cry or anything, thank God, I'm not a crier so he would mock me relentlessly if I cried over silly things.

I have put on one pound in the 12 weeks, and I think this is more due to inactivity than anything else, as I haven't been going for my usual walks for a few reasons. I'm making a point of wearing very fitted things that make me look very slim whenever I'm around friends or family that I think might suspect at any stage, so that at least they might questions themselves with "well she definitely doesn't look pregnant" :p

I'm 14w3d & have put on 9.5lbs :P
    I've gone back to Slimming World though to keeps things under control:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Leinster1980

Hi All,

13 weeks yesterday and due the 15th of April 2015. I've been watching the board since 4/5 weeks but haven't posted as I'd had two miscarriages this year and was just so stressed and nervous. I haven't really started to get excited about things. We had an early scan at 10 weeks in Holles street and everything looked great. Had our first appointment in the hospital today and that also went great. Saw Dr. Cathy Allen she was lovely, she said I can attend the midwives clinic for my next appointment. Feeling more positive today and it was great seeing our little baby waving at us this morning.

Stressing about telling work, ever since I got married there's always been comments about ah you'll be leaving us soon etc. which really annoyed me. I confronted my manager about it and he then denied it. Bit of a boys club in here and I'm dreading telling them.

I've been quite nauseous and dying with heartburn the last 5 weeks but only missed one day of work. Was taking galviscon but realised that that was making me feel worse. In bed most nights at 9 as I'm wrecked but the doc said I should be starting to feel better in the next few weeks.

Congrats to everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Big congratulations Leinster1980, delighted that everything is going well x

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ardeehey

Wifey and me are expecting out first on April 20th, just had the 12 week scan on Tuesday. Massively excited and have been trying a long time, hopefully all will go well.

Congratulations to all the expectant parents!

Almost time for my 12 week scan but honestly if people haven't copped on by the size of me and the amount of food I have been eating! Note to self go for a walk!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭tryagain2012

12 weeks today and im shattered its my third so not much time for rest advise to all first timers make the most of every bit of rest u get use to have a little nap after work on my first ahhh the memories. still havent got a letter from the hosp for my first appointment rang the gp today so they are following it up for me. hope everyone is keeping well

I am an emotional mess today - cannot look at the news! My OH thinks it's hillarious...better than grumpy in his opinion

• Advertisement

Urgh brushing my teeth is a pain at the minute, as soon as I try to brush the back ones I start gagging & my stomach heaves :(

15 weeks today & starting to feel alot heavier in the front, usually walk my dogs for an hour but I've had to reduce that to 45 mins as I'm getting tired quicker & get a cramp at the side of my bump if I walk any further!!

Advertisement