Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Yeah I have the white card but I also carry my file, you don't have to but I prefer to.

Hmm I didn't know that was an option, learn something new every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I was given my file to keep, others weren't. I liked what my friend did - she put the babies first outfit in plain view during labour and focussed on that - also our bodies are amazing, I forgot the pain immediately (I know it was there but have no memory of it ðŸ˜႒)

I'm not worried about labour at all, its the next 20 years after it I'm scared and worried about :O

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Nicolaforest

Bp- I'm having the strangest dreams too! Glad it's not just me, although a woman I work with did tell me it's normal. I wake up thinking 'what the f***??!'

Leinster1980, that was very insensitive of the midwife to suggest, I'm sure you're doing absolutely everything right and she should have had more tact. Don't mind her.

Wow Ms2001 you're so organised! Fair play. I have lists of what needs to be done and will start tackling baby's room tomorrow. Not spending a fortune or doing too much, just a luck of paint and the basics in furniture. I can do more when baby arrives and we find out the gender.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

28 weeks today...last trimester:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Hi All

Hope the pregnancies are going well for you.

I have a question....is anyone else experiencing thrush and piles and if so what are you using or doing to clear them?

mollycasey wrote: »
    Hi All

I have a question....is anyone else experiencing thrush and piles and if so what are you using or doing to clear them?

I had thrush before Christmas and pharmacist told me it's fine to use Canesten cream but not the oral tablets. It cleared up in a few days with the cream and I'm hoping it doesn't come back! Haven't had any piles yet, touch wood!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭HazelBee

mollycasey wrote: »
    Hi All

If you can find preparation H wipes in a pharmacy near you they are really good. The joys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

The joys are right, I was on two antibiotics over Christmas for chest infection, 15 month old on antibiotic with ear infection and ten year old on antibiotic with chest infection, add to that I also had a horrible headcold and incase all that wasn't enough, I had trush aswell. Will someone give me strength!

Now I'm suffering from P.L.O.M. disease ( Poor Little Old Me)

Mothercare have the Tommee Tippe Closer to Nature bottles reduced, 6 9oz bottles for €17.50, they were €34.
    I used Advent bottles last time but I'm hoping to breast feed this time or at least combination feed & have heard these are best for that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Anyone got any suspicions of boy or girl? I have two boys and I was huge on both of them. On the last one I was asked at 7 months, how many weeks left? Followed by shock horror when I said 8. This time I'm much neater, almost to the point I'm asking myself where's my bump? I don't have pins and needles in my hands half as much as on the last one. Could this be a girl maybe?

nirvana78 wrote: »
    Anyone got any suspicions of boy or girl? I have two boys and I was huge on both of them. On the last one I was asked at 7 months, how many weeks left? Followed by shock horror when I said 8. This time I'm much neater, almost to the point I'm asking myself where's my bump? I don't have pins and needles in my hands half as much as on the last one. Could this be a girl maybe?

I was like a ballon when having my son, every part of me swelled up even my face.
    I'm having a girl this time & I'm so much neater, I look like myself just with a basketball up my top :D

Baby4 wrote: »
    Tesco have a sale on baby stuff at the moment as well, I got cotton wool, disposable underwear, breast pads, etc at the weekend for my hospital Bag (all the glamourous stuff :D )

TMI I know but don't forget the mattress thick maternity pads - them you will need!!

I haven't got a clue boy or girl but am huge again!!!! Have absolutely no boys names, girl sorted thankfully

In my head the plan was for another boy, settling on Ross with Grace in reserve. I'm really thinking it's a girl, it's causing great upset among the others. With Dad in the army it just means pink camouflage clothing instead of green😊. I've kept all the clothes from my 16 month old up until now, they may be winging their way to a charity shop. The joists in the attic will be happy with that!

Don't know what we're having but my gut feeling is a boy for some reason, still haven't any names that I really like for boys or girls, lots of maybes on the list! New stretch marks seem to be appearing at least once a week, not impressed at all!

Stretch marks are my new best friend..... Will never feck off :-) badge of pride

Got loads of stretch marks last time but so far I haven't gotten any new ones ( knocks on wood).

Getting horrible nights sleep lately, it's like this baby is so much lower down than my last so it's putting pressure on my hips on whichever side I lie on so I'm constantly tossing & turning to get comfortable but still waking up with sore hips:(

• Advertisement

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Got loads of stretch marks last time but so far I haven't gotten any new ones ( knocks on wood).

Getting horrible nights sleep lately, it's like this baby is so much lower down than my last so it's putting pressure on my hips on whichever side I lie on so I'm constantly tossing & turning to get comfortable but still waking up with sore hips:(

Feel like I could have written that myself, I'm exactly the same! I spend the night turning and rearranging pillows trying to find a position where my hips don't ache. Sometimes the only way I can get comfy is on my back, so I just go with it. Just keep thinking do whatever works

I am sleeping in my back an awful lot - just wake up that way

I sleep on my back a lot of the time, it's comfortable, women slept on their backs when pregnant for a very long time before being told not to, that's incredibly recent.

I've no stretchmarks but first of all I haven't much of a bump at all and also genetics would suggest I won't get them, my mum never got any either. I have two stretchmarks on my inner thighs from a growth spurt when I was 12 and that's it, so I'm hoping I won't get them. If I do at least I know what they look like when they fade and you'd barely see mine.

When I lie on my back I end up with a horrible stitch down one side of my bump like I'd just eaten a large meal & then ran a marathon!!
    Babs just seems to be lying in a weird position atm, hopefully she moves & gives her mam some peace soon :)

I sleep on my back a lot of the time, it's comfortable, women slept on their backs when pregnant for a very long time before being told not to, that's incredibly recent.

I've no stretchmarks but first of all I haven't much of a bump at all and also genetics would suggest I won't get them, my mum never got any either. I have two stretchmarks on my inner thighs from a growth spurt when I was 12 and that's it, so I'm hoping I won't get them. If I do at least I know what they look like when they fade and you'd barely see mine.

show off :-) :-) so jealous

bp wrote: »
    show off :-) :-) so jealous

Ha! :P I'm killed with heartburn and my lack of bump which means I've no stretchmarks also means I just look kinda fat and can barely breathe or move because there's no extra room in my torso, does that help? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Gonzp

Ha! :P I'm killed with heartburn and my lack of bump which means I've no stretchmarks also means I just look kinda fat and can barely breathe or move because there's no extra room in my torso, does that help? :)

No, ha :P

A small bit since I don't have heart burn :-) all worth it :-)

• Advertisement

I found out today I have gestational diabetes, I didn't have it on my other two, so it's a bit of a surprise. Anyone else got it? I've to meet dietician on Monday for further info and new diet. She told me today I'll have to test myself 7 times a day for a week and then go back for further checks.

Advertisement