Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you Part 43

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

When in the library, and the librarian stands up, removes her glasses, and unclips her hair, gives it the "L'oreal" shake and still looks like a tragedy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    In a kind of "late this year" way?? (nudge nudge) :pac:

There are a few variables, a friend recently had a stray cat decide that it wants to live in her house. But she hasn't taken kindly to a cat deciding it wants to just move into her place.
    Mrs. Bap has fallen in love with this cat, and the cat seems fond of her as well. If the owner can't be tracked down which we are trying to do now, we will adopt it. If the owner is found, I will be getting a kitten/cat, so you may get a PM from me some day.
    In the meantime, can you see which cat responds best to the name 'Killer'. That is the only thing that we have decided on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

I'm TA-ed by the fact you can't turn around to people in work and say "I'm sorry but you are being so irritating today"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

I'm TA-ed by the fact you can't turn around to people in work and say "I'm sorry but you are being so irritating today"

Annoys me I can't say that to every second customer who walks into the shop!!

I've seen people here irritated about people who rush forth onto the Luas before others have managed to get off. Whilst exiting a public toilet, a lady nearly knocked me over to get in. Pure ignorance, didn't even seem too bothered to use the facilities. All the same though, could I please vacate the premises before you drop your knickers around your ankles!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm getting lip fillers for Christmas. I'm going to start off with a 1/2 ml because I have a little mouth. The chatterbox is telling me how I should go for the full ml cause that's what she gets as its "a waste" bothering with anything less. I'm sorry if I don't take advice from a girl with a my little pony tattoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

FoxyVixen wrote: »
    Annoys me I can't say that to every second customer who walks into the shop!!

I've seen people here irritated about people who rush forth onto the Luas before others have managed to get off. Whilst exiting a public toilet, a lady nearly knocked me over to get in. Pure ignorance, didn't even seem too bothered to use the facilities. All the same though, could I please vacate the premises before you drop your knickers around your ankles!![/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha!

Another one I'd love to say is "what's that awful noise?? Sounds like someone eating gravel" to those eating at their desk...
    Maybe I should ask for tolerance this Christmas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

You can.
    Say it with a little giggle and they'll think you're half joking half serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

Hahahahaha!

Another one I'd love to say is "what's that awful noise?? Sounds like someone eating gravel" to those eating at their desk...
    Maybe I should ask for tolerance this Christmas!!

No, ask for an industrial stapler to staple their mouth shut :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

No, ask for an industrial stapler to staple their mouth shut :D

:D
    I used to have a colleague who would talk with her mouth full. I always told her "I'm sorry, I don't speak biscuit", if she spoke to me.
    In general though I hate the sound of other people eating (especially wet lip smacking sounds) and am paranoid about making noises myself. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Are you trivially annoyed by it? At least you have something else to post now.

Most certainly. Now I have a paradox. It annoyed me so I could post about it. But that made me happy. So I'm not annoyed when I want to be annoyed.
    Now I'm annoyed by the dilemma of whether to slake my annoyances any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People cracking their knuckles.

Sets my teeth on edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sq001

Waiting in line to pay at a shop while one of the cashiers is doing something that can easily wait a while like arranging papers. Very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Most certainly. Now I have a paradox. It annoyed me so I could post about it. But that made me happy. So I'm not annoyed when I want to be annoyed.
    Now I'm annoyed by the dilemma of whether to slake my annoyances any more.

See, you got another post out of it. A trivial annoyance truly is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

I was in Pennys earlier and there was a really long queue. I actually didn't mind waiting as I wasn't in a rush until the woman who was after me in the queue arrived. She stood so close to me forcing me to move closer to the person in front of me. And then she would take another step closer to me so that she was practically standing beside me. Half way when the queue was moving I intentionally left a big gap between me and the girl in front but then your one behind me bumped into me when I stopped. Then to top it off she was coughing and spluttering the whole way. F@@K off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

There a picture of the most beautiful child. I dont know which annoyed me more, the fact that I have seen better looking children (that sounds very creepy) or the whole every child is beautiful in their own way crap and putting up a picture of their children saying they are the most beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

There a picture of the most beautiful child. I dont know which annoyed me more, the fact that I have seen better looking children (that sounds very creepy) or the whole every child is beautiful in their own way crap and putting up a picture of their children saying they are the most beautiful.

wat

:confused:

Being shunted around a shop. I was looking for a very specific book earlier and the bookshop was heaving. As I wandered along I had to keep moving out of people's way. It was impossible to stop and look without people asking me to move this way and that etc so I wound up just sort of floating around the place and arrived at the undesireable location of true crime :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

greenfrogs wrote: »
    I was in Pennys earlier and there was a really long queue. I actually didn't mind waiting as I wasn't in a rush until the woman who was after me in the queue arrived. She stood so close to me forcing me to move closer to the person in front of me. And then she would take another step closer to me so that she was practically standing beside me. Half way when the queue was moving I intentionally left a big gap between me and the girl in front but then your one behind me bumped into me when I stopped. Then to top it off she was coughing and spluttering the whole way. F@@K off

You step back in those circumstances, not forward.

That's what I always do if some fcukwit invades my personnel space by standing too close to me.
    Then I look back at them in a non-plussed way, conveying surprise that someone could have been stood so close to me as to clause me to bank into them by stepping back half a pace.

If they recommence standing close to me I repeat the manoeuvre - I've never had to do it more than twice.

I really hate those people - do they think they can get the queue to move quicker by standing really close to the person in front of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭danrua01

TA: remakes of songs that make no sense. For example that song Waves was out a few months ago, now it's out again, and it's exactly the same but with different vocals in places.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

danrua01 wrote: »
    wat
    :confused:

It is some article put up on facebook about a 9 year who is the most beautiful and is the youngest supermodel that allows parents to post the exact same thing about how beautiful their child is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Being shunted around a shop. I was looking for a very specific book earlier and the bookshop was heaving. As I wandered along I had to keep moving out of people's way. It was impossible to stop and look without people asking me to move this way and that etc so I wound up just sort of floating around the place and arrived at the undesireable location of true crime :P

No matter how empty a shop is, the section I want to look in will either always already have someone parked right there blocking my way, or I'll be happy out having a good look and someone else will arrive over and ruin my buzz. Every other part of the shop will be empty apart from the one section that I want to look in.

Its mad awkward standing beside someone else, both of you silently eyeing up the same bra or fillet steak!!

You step back in those circumstances, not forward.

That's what I always do if some fcukwit invades my personnel space by standing too close to me.
    Then I look back at them in a non-plussed way, conveying surprise that someone could have been stood so close to me as to clause me to bank into them by stepping back half a pace.

If they recommence standing close to me I repeat the manoeuvre - I've never had to do it more than twice.

I really hate those people - do they think they can get the queue to move quicker by standing really close to the person in front of them!

TA'ing that one never needs to release gas at these times :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I get annoyed when the lift stops at work and there's already people in it.

I just don't like sharing a small cramped space and making awkward conversation for those few seconds. I prefer a solitary lift journey where I can observe the my current rate of nose hair growth in the mirror and spend some quality time scratching my balls.

Vel wrote: »
    No matter how empty a shop is, the section I want to look in will either always already have someone parked right there blocking my way, or I'll be happy out having a good look and someone else will arrive over and ruin my buzz. Every other part of the shop will be empty apart from the one section that I want to look in.

Its mad awkward standing beside someone else, both of you silently eyeing up the same bra or fillet steak!!

I actually think that people do this on purpose. It's as if they think you might be concealing the one good thing in the shop that they might want to buy :(

I get annoyed when the lift stops at work and there's already people in it.

I just don't like sharing a small cramped space and making awkward conversation for those few seconds. I prefer a solitary lift journey where I can observe the my current rate of nose hair growth in the mirror and spend some quality time scratching my balls.

Now I know why the lift always takes so long to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

You are new around here, stick with the program and you will be fine. Here are two options..

1. Fart

2. Turn to face them, keeping your back in the direction of till, but take a step closer the the offender, and start to drool....that usually sorts it.

Ha, I see ONW beat me to to it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

danrua01 wrote: »
    TA: remakes of songs that make no sense. For example that song Waves was out a few months ago, now it's out again, and it's exactly the same but with different vocals in places.

There is a rapper called Buck 65, really nice guy, very clever guy also. He decided to make a song that was completely dumbed down but with a 'chart' feel to it. He had no idea it would be so hard to make gibberish. Here is the result:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I actually think that people do this on purpose. It's as if they think you might be concealing the one good thing in the shop that they might want to buy :(

Trivially annoying that in easons they put the tattoo magazines in the same section as the adult magazines, and more annoying are people's stares of disapproval because they think I'm looking at the adult magazines :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Went to a well known "huckster" store to pick up some blankets for aforementioned dog...ended up buying a duvet! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement