Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk FC (read mod note in post #1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Have a look at the sections available when tickets go on general sale on Ticketmaster or on the FAI ticket hub(Probably the weekend)

The Leinster Cup final v Shamrock Rovers is in Oriel Park next Monday btw;http://www.dundalkfc.com/leinster-senior-cup-final/
    Admission will be announced closer to the match..
    I suggest that admission should be €5 all areas as a reward to Dundalk fans for all the great support that they've given to the club this year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

doncarlos wrote: »
    There is family sections. They might be a little young but I would be thinking along the same lines as you if I had kids myself.

I got the tickets for the family section already...but I don't think I will take them.. .and furthermore, when tickets go on sale with Ticket Master, I think I will just buy better ones. Hate being stuck in the corner.

So I might have 4 tickets available for the family section soon.. if anyone is interested (not sure if they are sold out or anything)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

theres a facebook page for the the final. You might get rid of them there easier

https://www.facebook.com/events/889675904457586/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

still nothing on ticketmaster. you would think that in this day and age the FAI would have the sense and decency to give the better tickers to the clubs to sell and also first come would get better choice. Oh, yea, forgot, this is the FAI we are talking about, so late comers get better choice as do 'neutrals'.

Dundalk with 7 in the PFAI Team of the year.

Gannon
    Massey
    Gartland
    Boyle
    Towell
    O'Donnell
    Horgan

3 nominations for POTY;Horgan, O’Donnell, Towell
    1 nomination for YPOTY;Gannon

and sure Droghedas Michael Schlingermann who was selected as number 1 in the team of the season will be with us next year ;)

• Advertisement

Wouldn't think so , he's had a great year certainly but can't see SK signing him, more importantly who is going to replace Shields? Gaffer no doubt has already filled in the missing piece , interesting to see who it will be though . Cian O'Connor almost certainly back, so who , if anybody, makes way up front?

The Schlingermann statement i made above yours Joey was just a bit of craic.I said in a couple of previous posts on this page that Rogers was SK's signing/keeper and he will not be giving up on him anytime soon.I expect Rogers and Sava to both be at Dundalk next season.
    Whats the craic with Shields? I heard on the rumour mill that he might be on the move alright(To Rovers). Has he professed an interest in moving there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Hearing those rumours as well but I'd be shocked if they were true. He's a very important part of the team and he's currently at the best club in the land with the best manager. Why would any of the first team regulars want to move to another League of Ireland club? Also with the possibility of Richie moving on he'll be vital next year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

bob2oo7 wrote: »
    I got the tickets for the family section already...but I don't think I will take them.. .and furthermore, when tickets go on sale with Ticket Master, I think I will just buy better ones. Hate being stuck in the corner.

So I might have 4 tickets available for the family section soon.. if anyone is interested (not sure if they are sold out or anything)

They'd none left last week in Oriel when I was there anyway.

Heard Shields might be to pats though can't think why. The only absolute certainty about tickets up is that there won't be a shortage, I predict around 25,000 and that's a big attendance- but still 25,000 + empty seats. I doubt they will open the higher sections though , so there might appear to be a bit of juggling with tickets, but there will be plenty knocking around. Premium seats @ €20?

• Advertisement

I'm in the twilight years of my Dundalk winter league career and even i wouldn't go to Pats ATM!! I understand that players move on for new challenges but not for haven't won in the last 9 LOI matches,cant muster a 1000 fans for a home game,budget getting cut next season bleddy Pats?!
    Rovers i'd believe,Cork maybe but no way Pats!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Have heard that Shields has signed a contract and it will be announced shortly. Hard to know what to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

doncarlos wrote: »
    Have heard that Shields has signed a contract and it will be announced shortly. Hard to know what to believe
    Yeah, seems to be true. Gavin McLaughlin tweeted that it would be announced shortly. I think most of these erroneous rumours are started by Live at Oriel aka LMFM's Gerry Malone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

Pighead wrote: »
    Yeah, seems to be true. Gavin McLaughlin tweeted that it would be announced shortly. I think most of these erroneous rumours are started by Live at Oriel aka LMFM's Gerry Malone!

Is that who that is? :pac::pac:

:rolleyes:Well, LMFM are a Drogheda station

joeysoap wrote: »
    Not sure if srs ?

I had to stop following that 'Live at Oriel' account,head wrecking horse sh1t a million times a day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Maybe but Gerry Malone is as Dundalk and Dundalk FC as you'll get. He is well intentioned if a little quick off the mark with his rumour tweets. There are others that post as Live@oriel, not Dundalk fans who are up to a bit of mischief making. Having said that I also stopped following and believe nothing until it appears on Dundalkfc.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Confirmed now. It was a decent enough source that said it to me so probably should have believed them rather than live@oriel

Enjoy all the celebrations later today folks,days like these we live for and they don't come along often.Just keep of the grass ;)
    http://www.dundalkfc.com/dfc-v-bray-presentation-night/
    Anyone remember the pa guy in Kildare screaming for his grass the day we got promoted down there? :D

edit: I understand the clubs position in regard to no celebrations but i dont care,i'll be on the pitch at full-time - sorry

• Advertisement

days like these we live for and they don't come along often.Just keep of the grass ;)
    Its not grass so there's the out!

As for days like these:

Cup final '87 (and Ajax visiting Oriel), League and cup double '88, League Winners '91, Cup runners-up '93, League Winners '95, League Cup too. Slight hiatus to 2002 Cup win then...........7 years that woke a few of us up! On the crest of a wave no doubt but success breeds complacency as we have seen so we keep on going, on the crest of a wave currently and long may it continue.

Wont refer back to 70's as unfortunately i aint that old to remember the O'Loughlin era!

bought my tickets from the club last week. section 503 in the Gods, around the penalty spot. See ticketmaster now have tickets on the halfway line for €12 (10 +2). Typical FAI, fans of both clubs get the poorer tickets and late comers and neutrals get the half way line!

bought my tickets from the club last week. section 503 in the Gods, around the penalty spot. See ticketmaster now have tickets on the halfway line for €12 (10 +2). Typical FAI, fans of both clubs get the poorer tickets and late comers and neutrals get the half way line!

I get the annoyance but in a modern international venue there are no terrible views. In Oriel i'm quite happy to stand behind the town goal if need be. It looks like there will be a great atmosphere with the biggest cup final crowd for a while. There could be a few converts possible among the neutrals. Go out and enjoy the day and the cup win and know that you will be there!

I hate sitting behind the goals Nesta so i have held off from buying a ticket and will purchase one on the day.

I Have never seen this much excitement in the town since about.........?? well anything really in a long long time,the place is just buzzing and it's a pleasure to see it.In 2002 when we were last in a final we had been relegated from the top league and the build up to it was somewhat a little more muted -we won as of course-against the odds and it was a super day but this time around the whole build up to the match has just been brilliant and i'm loving every minute of it.

If we win it there won't be a car robbed or a house burgled in the Town for a week :D Great wee town,love the bloody place!
    C'mon you LilyWhites ;)

Premium tickets for me, well why not...i'd never fork out €250 for 2 tickets for an Ireland game so going to enjoy some creature comforts at a game rather than dealing with anything Oriel can throw at you!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Not my cup of tea but the best of luck tomorrow. Suffice to say 15000 people leaving the town is a burglars delight so lock up tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

MugMugs wrote: »
    Not my cup of tea but the best of luck tomorrow. Suffice to say 15000 people leaving the town is a burglars delight so lock up tight.

Not sure if this is a joke or not. :confused:

Make mine a Double!!
    Some team - The Pride of the County Louth!
    CTUODp6WUAEWbjx.jpg

another €4,000 into the kitty from winning the fair play league. Doesn't look like a backdoor for UCD this year however.

• Advertisement

A few interesting articles that appeared online over the last few days.

Fair play win for Dundalk as per Joeys post above;
    Dundalk have topped the SSE Airtricity League Fair Play rankings for the 2015 season and will receive €4,000 in prize-money.
    Cork City finished as runners-up with Shamrock Rovers third and Limerick fourth. Drogheda United ended up bottom of the Fair Play table.
    http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/6545-dundalk-win-fair-play-title

Opinion piece from the indo;
    The end is nigh. The end of the year that is, which means various annual awards will be handed out. Is it too much to hope that Dundalk will receive some recognition for putting together one of the most remarkable seasons in League of Ireland history?
    http://www.independent.ie/opinion/dundalk-deserve-high-praise-for-record-run-34201458.html

And from Talk of The Town a question?
    Should the achievements of Stephen Kenny's side have been recognised by the local authority?A week on council may have missed the boat in honouring Dundalk FC
    http://talkofthetown.ie/2015/11/16/a-week-on-council-may-have-missed-the-boat-in-honouring-dundalk-fc/

Advertisement