Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk FC (read mod note in post #1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The Louth derby - Dundalk FC v Drogheda United - on September 18 will be shown live on RTÉ 2. Kick-off time now 7.25PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

The Louth derby - Dundalk FC v Drogheda United - on September 18 will be shown live on RTÉ 2. Kick-off time now 7.25PM

You beat me tt 10GB. I really hope that the live game on the box wont see a fall in attendances! If we keep it above the 3000 mark it would be great effort especially while playing local minnows :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What's the general consensus on Rogers? Another mistake last night from our number 1. I actually didn't see hw bad the mistake was as I was in the stand and the pole blocked my view but I seen Keane's shot and it was a pretty tame effort so Rogers must have really messed up.

That's three or four bad ones this season. Wonder if Sava is in line for a chance between the sticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭joeysoap

3 or 4 all right. Defence seem to have confidence in him, think the big difference in him and Peter Cherrie was Cherrie is a shot stopper, useless at crosses, Rogers deals fairly well with crosses. I thought Hyland for rovers was the bees knees but...... and Murphy the same, they all make mistakes and when they do it can be a goal. we are 8 poins clear with 6 to go, what would we give to be in this position next year at the same time.......?

He was brilliant on Tuesday and rather poor on Saturday.I think the GK coach needs to get him working on his positioning & concentration.

• Advertisement

He was brilliant on Tuesday and rather poor on Saturday.I think the GK coach needs to get him working on his positioning & concentration.
    I actually was beginning to think he was starting to look solid. As you say he was good against Rovers (don't know about brilliant. Can only really remember a couple of long range saves as Rovers created fcuk all). His distribution is generally good which is a plus as so many keepers from opposition teams are particularly rubbish at this aspect of goalkeeping. The amount of balls that are kicked straight out of play from a back pass is shocking.

Still not fully convinced with Rogers and think that if he has another blooper or two before the season's end that Kenny may start to look elsewhere. Our dear neighbours goalkeeper would probably be my first choice.

He's Kenny's keeper,he'll probably stay loyal to him and also re-sign him for 2016.
    Wouldn't mind seeing Schlinngs here myself tbh.

Maybe Clarke from Pats? There will be a clearout there soon. Bolger to Cork in close season seems to be a done deal.

Fyffes smash home again.This is brilliant,even if you don't like football but just like Dundalk.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Maybe Clarke from Pats? There will be a clearout there soon. Bolger to Cork in close season seems to be a done deal.

Lovely.All the more reason to just hate Cork :D

• Advertisement

Lovely.All the more reason to just hate Cork :D

heard on the 'vine now that he doesn't want to leave Dublin. Shams would be the obvious choice. Fenlon will be looking all over the place for a few 'freebies' as I also hear on the vine they are struggling to pay the rent in Tallaght.

KRAT will be next. :)

ah, two dundalk players on fifa 16 cover. Ciaran O'Connor and Andy Boyle. Wonder how SK is going to make room for Cieran next year, maybe Curtis to another club. Great player, just not getting on as often as last year.

ah, two dundalk players on fifa 16 cover. Ciaran O'Connor and Andy Boyle. Wonder how SK is going to make room for Cieran next year, maybe Curtis to another club. Great player, just not getting on as often as last year.
    Kurtis is definitely gone you'd have to say. He's rarely even making the bench these days for any meaningful games. Maguire, Kilduff and McMillan ahead of him in the pecking order.

And young Gazza still has another year on his contract.Be great if he scores tonight for Derry.

Take an famous old club , run it into the ground by overspending and building up massive and unrepayable debts. Let your stadium , one of the most famous and well known in the country become dilapidated and run down. Sell it (eventually) to your local county council ( who will continue to let you use it , along with others). And then be held up as a shining light to others as the way forward . I am definitely missing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Take an famous old club , run it into the ground by overspending and building up massive and unrepayable debts. Let your stadium , one of the most famous and well known in the country become dilapidated and run down. Sell it (eventually) to your local county council ( who will continue to let you use it , along with others). And then be held up as a shining light to others as the way forward . I am definitely missing something.

What is this post about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

What is this post about?

Conroy Report in the LOI and it's description of the redevelopment of Dalymount Park as an example for others to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

C'mon the town..... back to back titles...............

365095.jpg

and we won it in tallaght!
    the stuff of legends and a nod to Drogheda for the part thay played ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

You're feckin welcome :mad::D

Rivalry aside, it's impressive to win back to back titles. The final league table never lies. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

Somebody was wearing a Drogheda top in work today. It will upset him greatly that The Town won the league sooner than was possible due to his own team's efforts.......!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

B17G wrote: »
    Somebody was wearing a Drogheda top in work today. It will upset him greatly that The Town won the league sooner than was possible due to his own team's efforts.......!

I think he will be more upset at the number of points Limerick are beginning to accumulate. It's going to be difficult for our Louth neighbours.

Fantastic back to back titles. The town is buzzing. And a cup final to come. Pinch me. :D

Anybody else think Dundalk have got ****ty tickets at the Aviva? Had a look at the Cork website and theirs are marginally better, but no much better. Going to get mine off some other source later when they become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭blingrhino

surely you will be able to sit anywhere regardless as it will be half empty and just move to the dundalk section or as near as ?

blingrhino wrote: »
    surely you will be able to sit anywhere regardless as it will be half empty and just move to the dundalk section or as near as ?

that was my original thinking. However 'they' appear to be trying to corral everybody into the the parts opposite the cameras, which is fair enough. Dundalk have the north end behind the goal and from the Dundalk website sections 101 anf 102. Cork have the opposite end of the ground (bigger end, but thats logical)and their sections are from 107 to 117. So there is only 103 to 106 between the suporters and maybe the will release 103/4 to Dundalk and 105/6 to Cork. The authorities are obviously trying to manage the ground and not open any unnecessary sections ie the West Stand if they can do without it. Security etc. Ideally I would prefer sections 303 or 304 (behind the current alloction)as I prefer a slightly higher seat. I have a season allocated seat in Oriel but never actually use it, I prefer the section where I normally sit. (I know it's costlier but I don't mind supporting the club in this way)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭blingrhino

if you are already an AVIVA season ticket holder with say 303 for example you will be allocated those seats for the final ?

They will hardly try to put you in either section as you could be from donegal
    and neutral .

Mountney did all right at full against an ordinary team . Grimes did ok too. Barrett is just Barrett, Maguire had a poor first half. Sava was excellent.

so who did we miss most last night? Between Massey and Towell for me, with Massey just shading it, though (IMO) Towell would have scored a couple last night easily enough. A lot of unnecessary wild shots miles over the bar, a couple of which again IMO Towell would have tucked away, one in particular in the second half. Mickey Duffy didn't announce a Dundalk man of the match last night, why not give it to Sava?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

Was thinking of bring the family up for the final

2 young kids - 4 months and 2 years old

Would I be mad? Kinda thinking I want them to be there.. .to share the moment etc. but I feel its not really a suitable place for kids so young?

What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

blingrhino wrote: »
    if you are already an AVIVA season ticket holder with say 303 for example you will be allocated those seats for the final ?

They will hardly try to put you in either section as you could be from donegal
    and neutral .

You are normally upgraded to premium level. I have season ticket and have been upgraded for all finals but one in Lansdowne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

bob2oo7 wrote: »
    Was thinking of bring the family up for the final

2 young kids - 4 months and 2 years old

Would I be mad? Kinda thinking I want them to be there.. .to share the moment etc. but I feel its not really a suitable place for kids so young?

What do you think?

There is family sections. They might be a little young but I would be thinking along the same lines as you if I had kids myself.

Advertisement