Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk FC (read mod note in post #1 before posting)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Dundalk have a very comfortable away section in the stand for away fans who don't want to go on to the big bad away terrace(the paltry 150 odd that made the trip down the M1 and who stood there were fine).It will cost you a mere €5 more than the terrace admission price but hey you'll get handy access to a bar,refreshments and maybe you'll spot some players and LOI personalities there also!!
    You never intended going and you'll use any excuse to back yourself up.
    Am i right?

Incorrect. I was going with someone else who decided not to go. Stand is very nice, I remember going to a good few first division games there and the view is very good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most grounds don't charge any extra fee to access covered areas or refreshments (in fact licensing precludes them from doing the latter). Don't know why you'd think it's reasonable for Dundalk to do so.

Have been to Oriel park plenty of times and I've never been in a worse away section (EDIT: Haven't been to McGinn park yet so maybe that's worse!). Providing the option to pay extra to enter a decent part of the ground is a poor defence of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

fh041205 wrote: »
    Incorrect. I was going with someone else who decided not to go. Stand is very nice, I remember going to a good few first division games there and the view is very good.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most grounds don't charge any extra fee to access covered areas or refreshments (in fact licensing precludes them from doing the latter). Don't know why you'd think it's reasonable for Dundalk to do so.

Have been to Oriel park plenty of times and I've never been in a worse away section (EDIT: Haven't been to McGinn park yet so maybe that's worse!). Providing the option to pay extra to enter a decent part of the ground is a poor defence of that.

You've obviously never stood on the away terrace in UP then?
    Covered yes.Dangerous as hell though.Crumbling.Ancient.Accident waiting to happen.Toilets from the stone age and a burger bar/hot food outlet designed by Johnnie fecking Cradock!Would you eat from it?
    You seem to remember a lot but cant seem to keep up with what is happening on your own front door in the present.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blackpearl

No harm but your talking true your a-s nothing wrong with the hot food would you be getting mixed up with some pitch in armagh.

blackpearl wrote: »
    No harm but your talking true your a-s nothing wrong with the hot food would you be getting mixed up with some pitch in armagh.

Yeah my ass was talking the last time i had a burger in UpðŸ˜
    What pitch in Armagh? I be in a lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

The 100 seats reserved for away fans in the stand is the best away section in the league.
    As long are you are not in a wheelchair, then you are stuck out in the open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    As long are you are not in a wheelchair, then you are stuck out in the open.

Unfortunately true but on the other hand it is a pitchside view. Disability access and facilities should be addressed as a priority long before the away section is considered for an upgrade.

Thought it was time to resurrect this thread because DundalkFC are through to the FAI cup final on Sunday Nov 5th V Cork City after a brilliant performance and result against Shamrock rovers in the semi final replay last night in Tallaght stadium.

A brilliant performance in a nail biting match(that the live tv cameras ignored) seen the Lilywhites into their 3rd final in a row.

This win was all the sweeter for Dundalk because the travelling support was curtailed by Shams which meant only 600 tix were available for their fans to attend.

Shams' got the lead early,Dundalk leveled and then took the lead only for Shams to level with 5 mins to go through an ex Dundalk born & bred player.

The game went to extra time.
    Dundalk,playing with a somewhat inexperienced sub bench and a an injury ravaged side looked ripe for the taking then but as Rovers looked to up the pace Dundalk took their time and experience paid off for the 10 times winners as they scored 2 fine goals to set up a final meeting with Cork City.

A game and a half at Tallaght tonight and fair play to Shams for making it a belter.

The Town will be empty again come Sunday November 5th and i'll be leading the black & white charge down the M1 that day.

Advertisement