Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk FC (read mod note in post #1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭flynn2426

Jesus, was that actually in the Democrat, or was I actually reading Dundalk's answer to WaterfordWhispersNews?

U tell us man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Patrick Hobans 20 league goals for the thowwn in one excellent show reel.
    He's gone from the club now but he'll never be forgotten!

Major launch next week for the Lilywhite supporters club.
    The committee involved are all beyond reproach imo and have excellent credentials but it's up to us all to make it make it great a success.

B8h2ay7IEAAARIo.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

And were off again! First competative and home game of the new season albeit Leinster Senior Cup. The start of another exiting season for the Lilywhite faithful!!

http://www.dundalkfc.com/lsc-preview/

Great choice :)
    Dundalk FC manager Stephen Kenny will be Grand Marshal at this year’s St Patrick’s Day parade.

The Dublin native was selected for the prestigious role in recognition of the Lilywhites’ league and EA Sports Cup double last year.
    http://talkofthetown.ie/2015/02/11/kenny-to-act-as-grand-marshal-for-st-patricks-day-parade-in-dundalk/

• Advertisement

A little bump for the start of the new season on Friday evening! At home to Longford so back to watching the Champions strut their stuff again after a very long off season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

3 out of 3 now

Dunny wrote: »
    3 out of 3 now

5 out 5, 110 scored, none conceded, 21 games unbeaten at home in the league dating back to the 2013 season for the last hme defeat, 3 3-0 wins on the spin, nearly 11,000 people in attendance at the 3 home games. Fun times!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

5 out of 6 now.:pac:

sorry, couldn't resist. Last minute equalisers do that to me.

After watching you maul Sligo I feared the worst, but you had an off-day I think.

osarusan wrote: »
    5 out of 6 now.:pac:

sorry, couldn't resist. Last minute equalisers do that to me.

After watching you maul Sligo I feared the worst, but you had an off-day I think.

Yeah congrats to Limerick on the Champions League win and good luck in the World cup..... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cant slag Limerick due to how grateful I am to them and Colin Scanlon for that night in Kildare and getting us over the promotion line!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Still unbeaten at home. 22 games now I think, that fecking pitch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭blingrhino

last nights attendence was 3453 it was announced.

Does this include season ticket holders in the total?

blingrhino wrote: »
    last nights attendence was 3453 it was announced.

Does this include season ticket holders in the total?

Yes.
    And you lost 4 there,the attendance was 3457 ;)

Those 4 people are ery important lol. Disappointing to have such poor away support so far. Even a couple of hundred away fans in Oriel would boost attendances closer to a 4000 aveage. We should target a further average increase of 200 ourselves for starters.

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Cant slag Limerick due to how grateful I am to them and Colin Scanlon for that night in Kildare and getting us over the promotion line!!!

Nesta99/any Dundalk fan; Download - http://issuu.com/limerickfc/docs/lfc-vrs-dundalk ,go to pages 11 & 12.
    Enjoy :cool:

Thanks for that! A Gers man too even better :p

Apart from the goal the other great thing about the footage from Tolka that night was the young lad that fell over the Ballybough end railing and on to the pitch behind the Shels goal such was his enthusiastic celebrations, was hilarious as was the post match interviews with Shels players! Still cant get over how they could question why Lims wouldnt roll over, like how dare they try to score. At least Keely had the decency just to feck off home (to Dundalk) and say nothing at all.

The Dundalk FC v Bray Wanderers match originally scheduled to be played on Friday May 1st will now be played on Bank holiday Monday May 4th with a kick-off time of 3pm and will be shown live on Setanta Sports

Hate when home games are n TV. I would have been glad of avoiding the Carlile frozen tundra!

• Advertisement

Absolutely brilliant news today regarding Sephen Kenny's decision to sign a contract to keep him at Dundalk FC until the end of the 2016 season,great interview also.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/kenny-extends-contract/

Long live the King!

So at the Summer break Dundalk lead the league by 3 points with a game in hand and have been beaten only once so far this season.
    Dundalk's 2014 league win qualified them for Champions League and the draw for the 1st and 2nd rounds of the competition take place at 11am in Nyon,Switzerland.Dundalk are one of 34 clubs whose names will be in the hat for the 2nd draw and below is a list of potential opponents that Dundalk can face.

2958291859.jpg
    http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/sport/soccer/attention-turns-to-nyon-as-lilywhites-get-ready-for-champions-league-draw-1-6798978

So the excitement is building and 11am Monday morning cant come fast enough for me...

There are some pretty daunting trips there! The general consensus ist that Videoton may be the pick of the draw. From a travel point Isreal and Albania require visas. After than we would want to avoid Azerbaijan as being a long trip and with only a slim chance of progressing. If we can keep the heads, not be overwhelmed, not concede early then we could cause a few surprises!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Dundalk will face one of these teams:

Celtic FC (SCO)
    FC BATE Borisov (BLR)
    Malmö FF (SWE)
    HJK Helsinki (FIN)
    Molde FK (NOR)
    FC Midtjylland (DEN)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Dundalk will face one of these teams:

Celtic FC (SCO)
    FC BATE Borisov (BLR)
    Malmö FF (SWE)
    HJK Helsinki (FIN)
    Molde FK (NOR)
    FC Midtjylland (DEN)
    FC Bate Borisov it is. Stinker of a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Pighead wrote: »
    FC Bate Borisov it is. Stinker of a draw.

worst possible outcome...

Makes Tel Aviv seem aappealing now...

Bit of a backhanded compliment that some dodgy f#cks think its worthwhile bothering to do up fake tickets! There are no tickets in circulation until tomorrow but either way best bet is to buy from the club and get in early and avoid any risk of being scammed.

• Advertisement

Hold on to your pants,the Lilywhites are hitting Europe tonight.
    I'll BATE the head of you if we don't win!! :D
    11062249_855292061192022_3541545890463654017_n.jpg?oh=ac27a0ef968ff395827675b6991fba5c&oe=561703D6
    champions-league-logo-938x535.jpg

Advertisement