Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk FC (read mod note in post #1 before posting)

Options
  • 21-07-2014 4:26pm
    Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

For all things Dundalk FC related.

The rules:
    1. General rules of the forum apply. Please read the forum charter for a run down of the rules.
    2. Off topic posts may be deleted.
    3. Any personal comments will be deleted and may result in a ban if they are of an offensive nature. This applies to posts about players or club officials also.
    4. Have respect - We all know that football can bring out emotive feelings in us, this can lead to insults and expletives being thrown out. Remember, count to ten and think about what you are posting before you do so.
    5. This is not a Drogheda vs. Dundalk thread (unless match day related) and vise versa, any postings of this nature will be deleted and WILL RESULT IN A BAN.

This thread will not be closed or moved. You are responsible for what you post and the consequences thereafter.

Have fun.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

What a performance by the side in Split tonight.Well done to all at the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

What a performance by the side in Split tonight.Well done to all at the club.
    Amazing result. Couldn't believe what I was watching for the last ten minutes when Dundalk were pushing Split back and they were resorting to panicky hoofs up the field. Was so disappointed to see Meenan overhit that corner right at the end.

He was fresh and has generally been excellent this season from set pieces. He needed to give Gartland a chance to get his head at it but unfortunately he slightly overhit it. Anyway, magnificent performance from a magnificent team. It will be so so disappointing if they don't get some silverware for all their efforts over the last year and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Id say theres a few lads in Croatia with a splitting headache this morn.

Did you see what I did there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Its hard not to be a little disappointed by not progressing considering the performance level over the 2 legs. The 2nd very soft goal in Oriel was the sickener. Maybe though with the possibility of trip to Eurasia our league challange could faulter. Great experience for the lads, a confidence booster that they can cut it at a higher level and intensity if needed domestically. Lets get some silverware on the board and then kick on again!

Hopefully there will be a decent crowd up in Oriel on Sunday evening for the Bray game. The team deserve it. Was a bit disappointed with last weeks attendance against Athlone. To go from over 3000 to 1500 in the space of a few days was poor. Fair enough Athlone aren't the biggest draw but given how well this team are playing we should be getting at the very least 2000 up to the games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭blingrhino

is it 5pm or 7pm kick off?

Pighead wrote: »
    Hopefully there will be a decent crowd up in Oriel on Sunday evening for the Bray game. The team deserve it. Was a bit disappointed with last weeks attendance against Athlone. To go from over 3000 to 1500 in the space of a few days was poor. Fair enough Athlone aren't the biggest draw but given how well this team are playing we should be getting at the very least 2000 up to the games.

I dont think that there isnt a desire to get up to Oriel, but €35 for the Thursday and Sunday without buying a programme etc is not affordable for everyone! Id say the attendance will be back up with just the one game for supporters this week.

Da thowwn on the tee-vee thwo weeks in a row! :eek:

Cork v DundalkFC live on Setanta sports this coming Friday 1/8/14. ko 8pm

Drogs v DundalkFC live on Setanta sports next Friday 8/8/14.ko 8pm

I'll be at both but it's good to see a tv company provide some decent coverage from the LOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Not that we got much coverage on soccer Monday with those clowns on rte .

• Advertisement

blingrhino wrote: »
    Not that we got much coverage on soccer Monday with those clowns on rte .
    Totally agree with you. Shocking last night alright.:rolleyes:

Setanta's coverage of matches starts with a a full PROPER 30 mins build up before ko and then finishes with a full post match analysis.Kick off is usually @8pm
    Rte on the other hand lead in with a flustered & rushed 4 mins intro of.....nothing!:( ,start live matches @ 7.05pm and are out of there almost as soon as the f/t whistle is blown.(if it's a cup match,Royal Nugent will be praying it dosn't go to extratime)

I could go on but i'll leave my short rant about RTE's coverage of the LOI right there before i say something that might get me barred!

2243 at Sundays match which is a big increase from the week before - this title challange is hitting a few people in the pocket :p

At least with the Drogheda game on TV there is a option for those who will be left without the limited tickets that will be available to Dundalk fans. The 600 or so away tickets will sell out and then we are back to the previous Cup semi issue of Dundalk fans taking tickets for the home section - let the fun begin! I dont think the Cork match being on TV will effect the numbers who are travelling. Its possible arrangements were made before the the broadcast was announced anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Nothing beats being there. I'll be in Cork and Drogheda.

However, the Setanta coverage is great for older fans and those who haven't the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Nothing beats being there. I'll be in Cork and Drogheda.

However, the Setanta coverage is great for older fans and those who haven't the money.

I may be out of touch with prices, but surely a Setanta subscription is a 5hit-load more expensive than an occasional Oriel Park ticket, isn't it?

I may be out of touch with prices, but surely a Setanta subscription is a 5hit-load more expensive than an occasional Oriel Park ticket, isn't it?

Cordial of choice, 1 each half in the local, leaves plenty to spare to actually be in Oriel week after :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Nesta99 wrote: »
    At least with the Drogheda game on TV there is a option for those who will be left without the limited tickets that will be available to Dundalk fans. The 600 or so away tickets will sell out and then we are back to the previous Cup semi issue of Dundalk fans taking tickets for the home section - let the fun begin! I dont think the Cork match being on TV will effect the numbers who are travelling. Its possible arrangements were made before the the broadcast was announced anyway.

TV will have no effect for the Drogheda game. It might not be all ticket as it wasnt for the game earlier this season

There is 4 big buses and 3 mini buses going to Cork that I know off, biggest crowd we took down their in years, Great to see

Jaysus,we might actually win this fecking thing now!

Brilliant,brilliant brilliant!

Drogs also winning big tonight sets up a very tasty derby match next Friday.

Drogs also winning big tonight sets up a very tasty derby match next Friday.

Impossible to call it! Drogheda's confidence will be on the up but new manager effect might have gone in to tonights game and more or less confirms safety for them. So its down to a good auld Louth Derby with Drogheda trying to put a spoke in Dundalks wheel. We were a bit wayward second half with some sloppy passing and we know this Dundalk side seem to put right any problems in the next match (League Cup aside). We will be eager to make further amends for the first day of the season. The tight pitch in HDP wont make for a great game i'd say though who would care if there are another 3 points marked up:pac:

Garts winner as seen from the St.Annes (away section) end.

• Advertisement

Good job the phone bounced lol

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Good job the phone bounced lol

Lol.It was some recovery in the circumstances.Good work cameraman:pac:

Dundalk travel to United Park on Friday night to take on Drogheda United in the Louth Derby. The match kicks-off at 8pm and will be televised live on Setanta Sports.

Priority Sales: 500 Club & Adult Season Ticket Holders:
    Monday after Wexford Youths match & Tuesday
    Tickets will go on sale exclusively to 500 Club Members and Adult Season Ticket holders on Monday after the Wexford Youths match.

These tickets will be on sale from the ticket hatches outside Oriel Park after the match.

Tickets will also be on sale for 500 Club Members and Adult Season Ticket holders on Tuesday from 9am-5pm from the Oriel Park office.

Unfortunately, holders of the free U12 season tickets are not entitled to purchase a ticket. Only Adult Season Ticket holders (including OAP/Students) are entitled to priority sales.

Dundalk FC now have over 1000 season ticket holders. We advise supporters to purchase your ticket as early as possible.

General Ticket Sales
    Any remaining tickets will go general sale on Wednesday morning at 9am from the Oriel Park office.

This page on dundalkfc.com will be updated with further ticket news over the coming days.

Win needed.
    Expecting to see Wardy either starting or on the bench.McDermot or Griff to make way.We need a big vocal attendance to get behind the side so sort out your babysitters/other life crap now and get up to Oriel on Friday night ;)

10550914_10152165988417084_6608819314009779474_n.jpg?oh=77c1dc5ec42a0dec8785a7475e9dc12a&oe=54617B06&__gda__=1417697791_04caf79b5c93132bff088252614358b7

Win needed.
    Expecting to see Wardy either starting or on the bench.McDermot or Griff to make way.We need a big vocal attendance to get behind the side so sort out your babysitters/other life crap now and get up to Oriel on Friday night ;)

10550914_10152165988417084_6608819314009779474_n.jpg?oh=77c1dc5ec42a0dec8785a7475e9dc12a&oe=54617B06&__gda__=1417697791_04caf79b5c93132bff088252614358b7

Whatever chance Wrd has of making the bench, He has no chance of starting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Feckin hate playing Limerick always seem to get a result against us in big games. On paper this should be straightforward but I'm really nervous about it.

doncarlos wrote: »
    Feckin hate playing Limerick always seem to get a result against us in big games. On paper this should be straightforward but I'm really nervous about it.

Cork away in Derry missing Healy, Billy Dennehy and Buckley all suspended

First things first is getting our own 3 pts though

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭southlouth type

Limerick are on a roll . Lee lynch is a great addition for them . Why Pats and sligo let him go is a mystery , great player. Draw match in oriel tonight !

Limerick are on a roll . Lee lynch is a great addition for them . Why Pats and sligo let him go is a mystery , great player. Draw match in oriel tonight !
    We've beaten them twice already this season. Tonight will make it three. Gartland will be sticking to Gaffney like glue this evening after his mistake last week against the Drogs. He'll be marking him tighter than an Italian tenor's trousers. Gaffney won't be able to breathe.

Will be a close game but home advantage and our stronger bench will swing it for us. Squad's energy levels getting back to full steam again with no midweek games this week or last. Guessing Wardie will get twenty minutes late on. 2-0 or 3-1 Dundalk.

• Advertisement

Good call #1. Probably Limericks stand out player last night.He was brilliant.Just eclipsed Oji for Lims MOTM imo.
    Pighead wrote: »
    We've beaten them twice already this season. Tonight will make it three. Gartland will be sticking to Gaffney like glue this evening after his mistake last week against the Drogs. He'll be marking him tighter than an Italian tenor's trousers. Gaffney won't be able to breathe.

Will be a close game but home advantage and our stronger bench will swing it for us. Squad's energy levels getting back to full steam again....

Good call #2.Apart from an early slip Garts never gave Gaffney a sniff.No suprise so when Gaffney was subbed after about an hour.

Sligo on Monday now.Divorce court for me on Tuesday.Ohh dear! ;)

Advertisement