Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk FC (read mod note in post #1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Dundalk FC victory parade
    Dundalk FC’s victorious team will take part in a parade on Saturday afternoon going through the town. The parade is expected to start at approximately 3.30pm from the Crowne Plaza up to Hill Street Bridge before going through the town on the way to the Square and Clanbrassil Street.

http://www.dundalkfc.com/parade-2014-awards/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Jesus, the CP's a long way out to start a parade!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Jesus, the CP's a long way out to start a parade!

Club sponsor so a sensible gathering point where a few drinks are had or maybe even a team meal, maybe photo oppertunities too. Its not going to be particularly big event i'd say. Previous stand out parading the trophy home has been when the league is won away or the cup and it all gets going when the team cross Hill St Bridge as the symbolic arrival back in town. 1991 was the last really decent gathering or public reception greeting the champions home from Cork, if I remember correctly. 2002 cup win was a bizzare one as players and the trophy got side tracked off with family in Dublin so it was very late getting back to Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Ahhh so they're gonna dust down the old Harp Lorry at the back of the brewery and parade the 2014 Legends through the Town...
    Ahhhhh back in the day.
    All joking aside I'd say there will be a massive turn-out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Stephen O'Donnell like a boss on Twitter earlier today hits back at two trolls that inspired him when he got injured back in April :cool::cool:

1780835_10203143621767646_6531672629704571021_n.jpg?w=645

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Stephen O'Donnell like a boss on Twitter earlier today hits back at two trolls that inspired him when he got injured back in April :cool::cool:

1780835_10203143621767646_6531672629704571021_n.jpg?w=645

Fair play to him. Two scuts.

Away shirt 2015 :cool::cool:

10303944_738752832845946_8834573800248994340_n.jpg?oh=767a99c36f2bf092929677a97936bd26&oe=54DD92E8

That's a nice jersey, but it's nowhere near as nice as the Dundalk Rugby Club ones!

253940.jpg

(Admittedly, the DRFC one is a "Supporter's Jersey" rather than an actual match jersey, though.)

What does the star signify?

What does the star signify?

10 top-tier league championship wins.

1932–33, 1962–63, 1966–67, 1975–76, 1978–79, 1981–82, 1987–88, 1990–91, 1994–95, 2014

• Advertisement

10 top-tier league championship wins.

1932–33, 1962–63, 1966–67, 1975–76, 1978–79, 1981–82, 1987–88, 1990–91, 1994–95, 2014

Shouldn't there be 10 stars, then?

(I had been trying to figure out which competition they'd won once)

Shouldn't there be 10 stars, then?

(I had been trying to figure out which competition they'd won once)

1 star per 10 wins.Some clubs take a liberty with the rules though.No i'm not looking at you LimerickFC
    ;)
    There are no hard and fast rules laid down by the FAI for the awarding of the star(s) it must be pointed out(well none that i know of)Maybe someone more knowledgeable in these matters can inform us of what the rules actually are?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That's a nice jersey, but it's nowhere near as nice as the Dundalk Rugby Club ones!

253940.jpg

(Admittedly, the DRFC one is a "Supporter's Jersey" rather than an actual match jersey, though.)

That is so ugly it hurts my eyes :(

1 star per 10 wins.Some clubs take a liberty with the rules though.No i'm not looking at you LimerickFC
    ;)
    There are no hard and fast rules laid down by the FAI for the awarding of the star(s) it must be pointed out(well none that i know of)Maybe someone more knowledgeable in these matters can inform us of what the rules actually are?

Started with the Scudetto or a shield emblem worn on the shirts of the reigning serie a holders. There are only guidelines from FIFA/UEFA. Some leagues award stars to represent every five championships, most though would consider 10 as the major landmark . Internationaly obviously its WC winners. European shirts it should only be to represent the number of European Cup/Champ League wins. Clubs take liberties like Limerick, Wexford Youths for their youth cup win, Man City trying to live up to their neighbours success etc (think there is a bit of debate about what their stars are for actually). There are very few clubs with more than 1 star albeit with a few close to a second eg rovers with ther 17 titles.

Should have mentioned, I think the Champions League Champions have the CL logo on their shirt sleeve for the following season similar too the Scudetto. I like the idea of the league champions having some unique emblem on the shirt while they're champions (well I would after this season ha!), I do think that UEFA should draw up some rules for adding to club crests as as it is they leave it to national associations to deal with if they so wish. In our case the FAI wouldnt be bothered and it should be a properly recognised achievement. The higher the profile the club gets the more important that simple star could be as people or non fans recognise the nod to regular and legacy success... rather than one season wonders based on pretend money from ground rezoning and sale .... cough... not thinking of any club in particular:p

Bohs,Rovers,Shelbourne and Dundalk are the only 4 that can lay claim to the coveted star so?Dundalk the only provincial side-which is huge.It's been quite some year!

Bohs,Rovers,Shelbourne and Dundalk are the only 4 that can lay claim to the coveted star so?Dundalk the only provincial side-which is huge.It's been quite some year!

The league titles that Bohs and Shels won that pushed them through 10 titles and overtaking Dundalks 9 are tarnished I feel by the financial irregularities during their dominant periods. Their recent financial struggles are proof positive of essentially a cheat in those days. With this in mind and acknowledging that Dundalk's demise came close but we kept plugging away makes No 10 all the more impressive. Rovers also went in to administration too washing their hands of the type of debt that Dundalk FC serviced although they were not winning leagues at that time; having their debts witten off and having Tallaght finished off for them facilitated their last 2 titles. Time for a new first for DFC and retain the league and while we are at it 10 cups wins just to balance the equation. After 2 Setanta R-ups be nice to tick that one off too but maybe thats a bit greedy:p

10303944_738752832845946_8834573800248994340_n.jpg?oh=767a99c36f2bf092929677a97936bd26&oe=54DD92E8

I think it is a super looking away shirt. Im glad we are going back to the more traditional colours, with the yellow kit as a third option. Must lose a few kilos to be able to wear it as it looks like an Italian figure hugging type:o

It has often been mentioned but Id love to see a GNR kit actually done, we also played in White and Blue before Black and White too, so we could have a couple of historical kits done at some stage. The Rambo stuff from Horseware is really good (though the posted example is awful to the point of being an advantage by blinding opponents) and I'd imagine that a link up could happen when any agreement Umbro is finished. It makes good sense to have local businesses used by the club wherever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How much is that Dundalk away shirt anyone know?
    I might invest in a few Christmas gifts.

*guess* - similar Umbro branded LOI shirts on the FAI shop are €55 adults and €45 kids.
    http://www.faishop.com/

Nesta99 wrote: »
    ... The Rambo stuff from Horseware is really good (though the posted example is awful to the point of being an advantage by blinding opponents)...

Are you referring to my rugby jersey?

If so, it's Rugbytech, not Rambo/Horsewear.

• Advertisement

Are you referring to my rugby jersey?

If so, it's Rugbytech, not Rambo/Horsewear.

Ah! Apols, I thought that DRFC were being supplied by Rambo and was being presumptious. Is Rugbytech a previous supplier or have I got the Rambo thing wrong? Wasnt questioning quality by the way just the crazy type design, bit to flashy for me as someone who prefers the simple retro type styles.

Is it definitely available to buy? We all know the issues with trying to get the yellow away shirt! Would be a missed oppertunity to get some decent merchandising sales for christmas otherwise.

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Ah! Apols, I thought that DRFC were being supplied by Rambo and was being presumptious. Is Rugbytech a previous supplier or have I got the Rambo thing wrong? Wasnt questioning quality by the way just the crazy type design, bit to flashy for me as someone who prefers the simple retro type styles.

Apols for dragging off-topic, but I'll leave it alone after this.

I've never heard of Rambo, other than in the case of the movies. However, I know that recently there's been a DRFC section opened in the Horsewear shop, although I haven't been in.

Is Rambo perhaps a new human subsidiary of horsewear or something?

My Rugbytech top is from last season.

That was my understanding, that Horseware are branching off in to sports gear under the Rambo brand name but i'm open to correction. Dundalk RC are one of the first they have supplied to I was led to believe and that they were quite anxious to link up with DFC too. Contractual obligations may have prevented the DFC connection for now or the deal they were offering wasnt as competative as Umbro. Time will tell I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I thought the new away shirt was on sale today? according to the release doc it should be but there is no stock in the shop....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Pre season friendly with Everton lined up, only took two years to get organised :)

Dunny wrote: »
    Pre season friendly with Everton lined up, only took two years to get organised :)

We will probably see Ben back but he is likely to be the only familiar face. Regardless I will be happy to see money in to the club from the EPL obsessed that will turn out for Everton kids. Chelsea was a bit of a money spinner so i'm sure this will be the same. Presidents Cup will be far more interesting in pre season.

We should also mention Darren Crawley's award as the press officer of the year - while the Crawley name is very much associated with Dundalk FC Darren is a Monaghan man and previously a Monaghan United fan for his sins. I'm sure that he is now happy to have seen the light and become a Lilywhite:P

• Advertisement

Jesus, was that actually in the Democrat, or was I actually reading Dundalk's answer to WaterfordWhispersNews?

Advertisement