Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk FC (read mod note in post #1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

I always go to Kennedys across from the rail station.3 min walk to the ground.

Is it ok for away supporters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

pkvader wrote: »
    Is it ok for away supporters?

Away supporters that behave themselves are always welcome and depending on the club even in the Lilywhite lounge in Oriel. Kennedys should be fine but like anywhere else if a large group turn up chanting or looking like they have been on the cans they are likely to be refused entry. Other than that there shouldnt be a problem and us Dundalk fans enjoy the chat and debate with fellow LoI fans pre and post match! A 2 year old would know which club's supporters are received with most trepidation.

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Away supporters that behave themselves are always welcome and depending on the club even in the Lilywhite lounge in Oriel. Kennedys should be fine but like anywhere else if a large group turn up chanting or looking like they have been on the cans they are likely to be refused entry. Other than that there shouldnt be a problem and us Dundalk fans enjoy the chat and debate with fellow LoI fans pre and post match! A 2 year old would know which club's supporters are received with most trepidation.

I know what your saying, coming up for the Cork game, 99.99% of our lot are usually well behaved, theres a few of us over nighting looking forward to it.Hoping Rovers can do us a favour tomorrow,would love it if we had something to play for in Oriel.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I know what your saying, coming up for the Cork game, 99.99% of our lot are usually well behaved, theres a few of us over nighting looking forward to it.Hoping Rovers can do us a favour tomorrow,would love it if we had something to play for in Oriel.

A Corkman owns the Glen Gat B&B close to the center of town and ideal for Oriel Park. Good place to stay.

http://www.glengathouse.com/

A Corkman owns the Glen Gat B&B close to the center of town and ideal for Oriel Park. Good place

We're actuall staying there! Ha!, looks grand and central!.

Where would you recommend for after the game?, ,granted if Dundalk are celebrating a league win id imagine the whole town will be hopping! .4/5 lads 30s just looking for a lively late bar?

• Advertisement

Where would you recommend for after the game?, ,granted if Dundalk are celebrating a league win id imagine the whole town will be hopping! .4/5 lads 30s just looking for a lively late bar?

Bru Bakers just down the street.
    Loads of good pubs and niteclubs nearby.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

If staying over as the crowds disperse I'm sure you would be welcomed in to the Club Lounge - be warned though that it will be jammers if we win the title and getting a pint could be as tough as a league win! Kennedys is the spot before the game. Before the Youths final last year I think was talking to a few Cork people, the bar got one of the local papers for them with a write up on the final, all the players were profiled and as these Cork folk were family of one of the players it was much appreciated by them. We all had a great chat about LoI and all Irish football stuff. We al met up again after the game. Glen Gat is a lovely place to stay. If you are in town early enough and want some food as soakage :p The Jockeys would be a reasonably priced option with portions that most would struggle with. I wouldnt leave it too late to head to Kennedys purely due to numbers as doors could be closed especially if the league is still on - massive crowd would be expected and many would be hoping for a pre match pint in Kennedys. After and later in the evening the afore mentioned BruBakers, Phoenix, Bartender, all on Park Street and Market bar at the Square would be the better options for a group visiting the town. (Jimmys Bar for some additional Dundalk FC experience too). Ridleys Nightclub is on Park Street too but maybe best not to be wearing colours or any sports type gear; Or back to BruBakers as a late disco bar. Hope you enjoy the trip anyhow but without a league title to celebrate!!!!:D

Cheers for the info!,kennedys sounds like the spot before the game for sure,wont be wearing colours after the game in around the town,I usually only wear jerseys going to games and thats it.Seems to be a good bit of interest regardless if we've something to play for or not, so there should be a decent away support.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Brubakers does be empty on a Friday. Might be different if we win the league but most Dundalk fans will be in Oriel, when we won the 1st Division Oriel was packed, even people in the Shed drinking :D untill 7 in morning.

• Advertisement

Brubakers does be empty on a Friday. Might be different if we win the league but most Dundalk fans will be in Oriel, when we won the 1st Division Oriel was packed, even people in the Shed drinking :D untill 7 in morning.

They will all have music booked for that night.

They will all have music booked for that night.

Could well have but since it got done up, its not attracting the nicest of people through the door (alot of scumbags in it, that cant get in anywhere else)

My tip would be for them to goto Bartender or Eden (The Garden)

Could well have but since it got done up, its not attracting the nicest of people through the door (alot of scumbags in it, that cant get in anywhere else)

My tip would be for them to goto Bartender or Eden (The Garden)

Didn't know that about BruBakers.
    Always trad/folk music in the Wee House, Anne St., too on Friday nights. Good place to go before venturing down town.

Are Bartender and Eden both late bars?, 1.30?,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Are Bartender and Eden both late bars?, 1.30?,

Brubakers is. €5 cover charge after 11.

Eden has the same owners as Ridleys so they usually close the bar and start kicking people out a lot earlier than Bru's in the hopes people will go to Ridleys.

tenifan wrote: »
    Brubakers is. €5 cover charge after 11.

Eden has the same owners as Ridleys so they usually close the bar and start kicking people out a lot earlier than Bru's in the hopes people will go to Ridleys.

Good to know, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Someone,somewhere had the cajunas to tell RTE that Fridays match would go ahead at 7.45pm and less of the 7.05 bullcrap k.o's for live games!

Mostly a guide for Cork fans coming to Dundalk on Friday.
    Recommended Pubs and Restaurants within a 5 to 15 minute walk of Oriel Park

Pubs:The Market Bar*,The Bar Keeper,The Phoenix,Jimmy's Bar,BruBakers,Courtneys,The Wee House,Peaders,The Jockeys*,The Windsor*,Kennedys*.
    *pubs serving meals and good bar food.

Food: (non-pub and sit-in) The Europa,The Roma,Abra,McDonalds.

The pubs and the restaurants mentioned are almost next door to each other.

Cheers man, looking forward to it, should be a great match and weekend.

Mostly a guide for Cork fans coming to Dundalk on Friday.
    Recommended Pubs and Restaurants within a 5 to 15 minute walk of Oriel Park

Pubs:The Market Bar*,The Bar Keeper,The Phoenix,Jimmy's Bar,BruBakers,Courtneys,The Wee House,Peaders,The Jockeys*,The Windsor*,Kennedys*.
    *pubs serving meals and good bar food.

Food: (non-pub and sit-in) The Europa,The Roma,Abra,McDonalds.

The pubs and the restaurants mentioned are almost next door to each other.

I wouldnt be too confident of Cork fans getting into all them pubs to be honest

I drink in 1 (I wont say which) and know of another 1 on that list, who most def will not be letting away fans in..

• Advertisement

I drink in 1 (I wont say which) and know of another 1 on that list, who most def will not be letting away fans in..
    If it was Shamrock Rovers fans not getting in i could understand but why would the pubs not serve the Cork lads?

our group wont be wearing jerseys or any colours after the game, I wouldn't draw the attention upon ourselves.

our group wont be wearing jerseys or any colours after the game, I wouldn't draw the attention upon ourselves.
    Wear what yous want.Theres not a pub on that list who will turn yous away.

Wear what yous want.Theres not a pub on that list who will turn yous away.

Our fans plan meeting in kennedys before the game, we'll be wearing our colours,most will be traveling back to cork after,but theres probably 100 or more staying up .I normally wouldnt wear a jersey on a night out anyway,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

agree with 10greenbottles. Cork fans welcome everywhere.

750 more tickets for Dundalk fans to be made available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Cork fans will be welcome in the town.

It's only "fans" marching through the town chanting "we hate Dundalk" who tend to be looked upon unfavourably.

Fans should bear in mind that pubs close to Oriel Park will be very busy and may have to restrict numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Why on earth wouldn't any of the pubs mentioned not let Cork fans in for a drink? Very much doubt that to be the case.

Lads a few of us bought tickets online weeks back, looks like we wont be in the away end,was thinking of standing in front of the main stand or behind the goal?, theres about another 150 ccfc fans in the same position.We were hoping to get into the away end but the temp stand behind the goal seems to have put an end to that idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Lads a few of us bought tickets online weeks back, looks like we wont be in the away end,was thinking of standing in front of the main stand or behind the goal?, theres about another 150 ccfc fans in the same position.We were hoping to get into the away end but the temp stand behind the goal seems to have put an end to that idea.

I'd imagine the club will have to move you to the away section as there's no way they'll want that amount of Cork fans in the home end.

Not saying anything would happen but you never know, and prevention is always better than cure.

• Advertisement

If it was Shamrock Rovers fans not getting in i could understand but why would the pubs not serve the Cork lads?

Not allowing them in he said, as once a few gather they texting/ringing mates and place be too full, the regulars dont want them either..He is getting someone on the door from 4

Place be packed with Dundalk fans by 5 anyway

Advertisement