Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

I feel you with the teething poor guy is plagued past few nights causing his sleep to go all over the place!
    Is she banging her feet on cot or the mattress?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

I feel you with the teething poor guy is plagued past few nights causing his sleep to go all over the place! Is she banging her feet on cot or the mattress?

on the mattress, lifts her legs up and slams them down and with the grow bag its as if its like a whale slamming its tail!! had a couple glasses of wine over the weekend and I never heard the banging those nights, don't think that could be the long term solution though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Jumping in from January thread, my laid does it too Ainy for the last couple of months-particularly when restless. Haven't found a solution but he doesn't do it much when hes truly asleep

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My baby does that too! Mostly when she has wind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

I feel you with the teething poor guy is plagued past few nights causing his sleep to go all over the place!
    Is she banging her feet on cot or the mattress?

My lad just does this to kick off his blankets, once they are gone he settles down.

• Advertisement

So I have started my little lad on solids since 20weeks and we are doing ok, so far I'm only using the cereals so I started him off on creamy porridge and sunshine orange and I now plan on introducing a dinner time feed since we are doing pretty good.
    I don't have a set timetable as yet but today I started of with his morning bottle at 6:30 (never has same waking up time) den after 8 I gave him his creamy porridge and small bit of milk to wash it down? Second bottle at 12:15 and now trying to plan dinner? I bought a jar of hipp organic baby food carrots & potatoes so thinking of trying this at 2:30/3 with him?
    I'm so new to all this not sure what to give at what time.. Also he is on hungry formula so do I leave him on this once he's in a settled feeding of solids?

Well i'm a first timer too so not fully sure what we're at! We only started solids at the weekend, 21 weeks, started with baby rice for 3 days and then today gave pureed carrot. she seemed to like it. have the annabel karmel book as a guide to what foods to try. i'm pureeing myself.

found a crash course on weaning on rollercoaster.ie and thats roughly what i'm going by, they say give first feed at 12 for three days then add in something new but give the new food at 12 incase of allergy and then the rice again after 5, thats what I plan to do.

Not really sure how the bottles work but i'm guessing she'l drop one of her bottles herself when she gets in to the routine of eating.
    They still get all their nutrition from the formula until 6 months so I wouldnt change his hungry formula if I was you. its what is working for him, if you change it now and he becomes unsettled it would be hard to say is it the formula or solids thats not agreeing!
    sorry I can't be more help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

We started our little lad on purees at 4 months because he was just ravenously hungry.

He didn't like them at all at first, but after 2 and a half weeks he really turned a corner, can't get enough of them now (he is 5 months last friday).

3 meals a day now and only 4 (240ml) bottles. (and one bottle of water because his poops get a little firm).

Apple/Pear puree are his faves, usually with half a rusk crumbled up in it.

Not a fan of carrots, but got better when we mixed it with parsnip.

So far he is having
    Apples,
    Pear,
    Sweet Potato,
    Butternut Squash,
    Avocado,
    Carrots,
    Parsnip.

Had a couple of strawberries in a what looks like a teabag on a stick(picture below), think the flavour was a bit extreme for him though in comparison to his steamed purees.
    91xCuVSYwfL._SY450_.jpg
    url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCMvt1tiGoccCFYkDGgodoVAFVg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FMunchkin-43101-Fresh-Food-Feeder%2Fdp%2FB0009ET93Q&ei=Ze3JVemcJYLtUtu-s7AI&bvm=bv.99804247,d.d24&psig=AFQjCNH-wDo_TG_F2s5BEf-RFSXlWMq0rA&ust=1439383275748672

Thanks for the replies, going to start the purée just hadn't planned ahead enough to get it sorted today but will start planning now for the next few days.
    It's hard to feed him say exactly at 12 cos some mornings he will sleep til 7 other mornings til 9 so I always want to make sure he gets his bottle for nutrition then offer a feed after an 1.5hrs or so, so timing isn't great yet! Getting there though, on the plus side since we started him on the cereals he sleeps through the night(yay) but last night he woke cos of teething and was off his milk and food!
    Gonna keep on trekking and following my instinct and hope for the best!

After another sleepless night has anyone mastered the art of making baby sleep longer :( goes down at 9:30 til 2 takes 4oz then wakes again round 5 for no reason just babbling. He used to do 9:30 til 4:30 before but that went out the window when teething got bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

After another sleepless night has anyone mastered the art of making baby sleep longer :( goes down at 9:30 til 2 takes 4oz then wakes again round 5 for no reason just babbling. He used to do 9:30 til 4:30 before but that went out the window when teething got bad

I'm sorry to hear thay baby pebble :( I can't help I'm afraid. We are lucky, our little girl is a great sleeper. She goes to bed about 9 and sleeps until about 7:30.

Have you got a mobile over your cot? That might help him go back asleep when he wakes during the night. I got one for my little girl when we moved her into her own room at 4 months. Now when she does wake up that turns itself on (it senses sound or movement-not sure!) and it sooths her back to sleep.

Yes we do but he's decids to pull the toys of it (they are little teddies with Velcro strap thing) and just laughs. Have tried everything, he just wakes so quickly and is wide awake then.

my little one wakes in the mornings around 6 half 6, she just goos and gaas and then turns over and presses the buttons on her mobile, I don't go in until nearer 7 because she's just awake doesn't cry.

if she wakes before 6 I usually just go in and say sleepy time and put on her mobile. sometimes she'l go back to sleep when she knows i'm not getting her up.

problems we're having at the min is she has gone off her bottles, can only get her to drink half them. I know its probably because she's having solids now too but I know shes not getting everything she needs from the solids. It feels like its a battle sometimes but she's still getting bigger and peeing and pooping so she must be getting enough.

Oh and just remembered we had to take the animal mobile part off ours because it was keeping her awake, just have the music box on the cot side now!

Advertisement