Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

When did this change?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We decided to move the threads from Pregnant to Newborn and Toddlers once people had their babies so you could continue chatting in a more suitable forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Neyite wrote: »
    We decided to move the threads from Pregnant to Newborn and Toddlers once people had their babies so you could continue chatting in a more suitable forum.

Neyite is this being done with all threads? We're pretty active in jan 2015 so I don't want to lose it!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Neyite is this being done with all threads? We're pretty active in jan 2015 so I don't want to lose it!

Only active ones I'd say. No point in moving zombie threads. You wont lose the threads or any of the posts, they are just getting moved to N&T once you have all had your babies and renamed. Nothing got deleted.

The idea was to move them to a more appropriate forum, since you aren't pregnant anymore, and newcomers who have similar aged babies could join in too if they wanted.

Hope everyone and their babies are all doing well!

Does anyone know do we need to contact our PHN to organise our baby's 3 month check-up or should they contact us?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Does anyone know do we need to contact our PHN to organise our baby's 3 month check-up or should they contact us?

they sent me out an appointment letter, I remember when she visited after the birth, she said if for some reason I didn't get one out, give them a ring.

All good with us, just trying to stretch out her sleeping at night. we seem to have a wonder child though, she rarely cries, doesn't dribble or spit up at all, I thought I was going to be doing loads of washing all the time but i'm not! If/when we ever had a second I say we would get a shock!
    hope everyone else is getting on well!

ainy wrote: »
    they sent me out an appointment letter, I remember when she visited after the birth, she said if for some reason I didn't get one out, give them a ring.

All good with us, just trying to stretch out her sleeping at night. we seem to have a wonder child though, she rarely cries, doesn't dribble or spit up at all, I thought I was going to be doing loads of washing all the time but i'm not! If/when we ever had a second I say we would get a shock!
    hope everyone else is getting on well!

I haven't received a letter yet, will give it another week or so then ring if I haven't heard.

Glad to hear you two are well! We are very lucky too, baby sleeps for 8 hours most nights! She really is such a good baby, we are blessed :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

All good. Can't complain. Sleeping well dream feed works really well. The phn gave me appointment date at 6 week appointment. Our is next week. Can you believe 12 weeks. Only 12 weeks before back to work. Sad face

All good. Can't complain. Sleeping well dream feed works really well. The phn gave me appointment date at 6 week appointment. Our is next week. Can you believe 12 weeks. Only 12 weeks before back to work. Sad face

we're doin a dream feed as well and I still find it mad that she doesn't wake up when we're doing it but drinks the bottle! i'm taking unpaid leave too so have until January before i'm back. that's probably going to make it harder to leave her but will have to deal with that when the time comes.

Ladies what is a dream feed?

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Ladies what is a dream feed?

it's the last feed, we do it at about 11, she'll have been in her cot since 8. We go in pick her up and give her the bottle, we don't change her or make any noise. she drinks the bottle in her sleep and then we put her back in the cot. It just gets us longer in the morning than if we let her go without!
    when she starts to sleep more regularly to the right time in the morning, we'll start to reduce the amount in that feed gradually and then she'll be off it!

12 weeks today, it really does go so fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Hi all, first time posting in this forum. We had our 3rd baby late March so almost 11 weeks now. The little fella has a bad cold at the moment so is having trouble sleeping. Any tips what we can do to help him breath easier at night. With the older 2 kids I'd use Vicks or previously Karvol but apparently they have to be over 2 to use.
    Also how long are your March babies sleeping for at night. He is now in a routine where after a bottle at about 8 he'll fall into a deep sleep so I'd lift him for a dream feed at about 11, we give him 6oz. He would generally sleep then until about 4.30/5. He's been doing this for about 6 weeks but I'd like to start seeing him go for a bit longer! Thanks all

mattb74 wrote:
    Hi all, first time posting in this forum. We had our 3rd baby late March so almost 11 weeks now. The little fella has a bad cold at the moment so is having trouble sleeping. Any tips what we can do to help him breath easier at night. With the older 2 kids I'd use Vicks or previously Karvol but apparently they have to be over 2 to use. Also how long are your March babies sleeping for at night. He is now in a routine where after a bottle at about 8 he'll fall into a deep sleep so I'd lift him for a dream feed at about 11, we give him 6oz. He would generally sleep then until about 4.30/5. He's been doing this for about 6 weeks but I'd like to start seeing him go for a bit longer! Thanks all

hey! I can't advise too much on the cold, it's my first and she hasn't been sick. A bit congested the odd time and I just use a saline nasal spray to help clear it. I know theres a product called snuffle baby or something like that, think it's like vicks but suitable for babies, I think. i'm sure the pharmacist would be able to advise you anyway!

on the sleeping, we have pretty much the same routine as you but just in the last about 2 weeks she hasn't woken any earlier than half 5. Some mornings she'l go a little bit longer, this morning it was 8!! but we're happy with anything after 6 as my partner gets up for work then anyway so i'm awake. We didn't do anything different she has just gone longer so it seems to be just pot luck! maybe some of the others have more tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

there's a calpol plug in and a baby vicks plug in you can get both are great for help in them sleep through a cold.

it's the last feed, we do it at about 11, she'll have been in her cot since 8. We go in pick her up and give her the bottle, we don't change her or make any noise. she drinks the bottle in her sleep and then we put her back in the cot. It just gets us longer in the morning than if we let her go without!
    when she starts to sleep more regularly to the right time in the morning, we'll start to reduce the amount in that feed gradually and then she'll be off it!

12 weeks today, it really does go so fast!

Thanks for that. At the moment I give her her last bottle about 9 then put her down for the night about 10 and she sleeps until 6/6:30. We are very lucky really!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

My little man is teething for past 2 weeks suffering badly again today refusing the bottle, lately he will go down at 9 or 10 and will sleep til around 3 then up again after 6, would love if he would sleep a bit more but he is too fond of his bottle.
    At his shots app (2months) I asked the nurse to way him and he was 6.7kg then. Anyone else have bigger babies?

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Thanks for that. At the moment I give her her last bottle about 9 then put her down for the night about 10 and she sleeps until 6/6:30. We are very lucky really!

wow sounds like your doing well then anyway! We're liking having our couple hours together before her dream feed, have been able to start watching our boxsets again!

My little man is teething for past 2 weeks suffering badly again today refusing the bottle, lately he will go down at 9 or 10 and will sleep til around 3 then up again after 6, would love if he would sleep a bit more but he is too fond of his bottle. At his shots app (2months) I asked the nurse to way him and he was 6.7kg then. Anyone else have bigger babies?

my little one seems to be teething, constantly chewing her hand but doesn't seem in pain with it and she's not off her bottles.
    I didn't get her weighed at that appointment but have the 3 month phn one in 2 weeks time so will see then what she is. she is a chubby baby so I wouldnt say she's too far behind your man! I have her in 3-6 month stuff for the last month and theres not a whole lot of room in them for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

my little one seems to be teething, constantly chewing her hand but doesn't seem in pain with it and she's not off her bottles.
    I didn't get her weighed at that appointment but have the 3 month phn one in 2 weeks time so will see then what she is. she is a chubby baby so I wouldnt say she's too far behind your man! I have her in 3-6 month stuff for the last month and theres not a whole lot of room in them for her!

Yeah same here, 3-6 months clothes and they fit or are already getting tight. I weighed little man about three weeks ago, he packed 6.3 kg then.
    and at the moment he wants grub every 2.5 hours, night including.
    But the smiles, almost chuckling, his love for his sister and seeing him flipping over from belly to back make the lack of sleep worth it :) two under two is brilliant fun so far, and surprisingly easy going.

Hello ladies, hard to believe our little ones are coming up on 4 months now!!

What are your plans for solids? Will you start at 4 months, or try get them to 6 months without?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Time is whizzing by isn't it??

My little man is still breastfeeding so will be sticking with that as long as possible! No plans to introduce solids until about 5-5.5 months, 6 months if he can wait that long.

I know from experience with my other 2 that life is easier when they aren't being spoon fed!

I have bought ice cube bags to start making purees tho. Its so time consuming!

Took the little man swimming today for the first time. He loved it!

time is surely ticking along! think we're going to leave solids for another while yet, shes not ready. my phn was saying she should be on 3 meals nd 3 bottles by 6 months but that definitely won't be happening!

my little one is definitely a mammy's girl, i'm with her all day every day and then I go out 2 evenings a week and she has chosen those 2 evenings to scream the place down when put to bed by her dad! she never cries normally so dad is bit nervous now! not whole lot we can do to stop it though!

Crazy how time is flying! My little lad is as the gp says, thriving! Over 18lbs now and have him on hungry milk which has helped a good bit!
    Was starting to settle into a nice routine of 9pm-4am and down again til 6:30 the last few days but it got thrown in the air yesterday when my nephew visited and decided to scream the house down when he was napping so his sleep has gone all over the place fell asleep last night at 8:30 til 2 then up at 4 and again 6. Asleep at 8 tonight without his usual full feed so expect him up soon. Hopefully will all settle down again very soon!

Crazy how time is flying! My little lad is as the gp says, thriving! Over 18lbs now and have him on hungry milk which has helped a good bit! Was starting to settle into a nice routine of 9pm-4am and down again til 6:30 the last few days but it got thrown in the air yesterday g my nephew visited and decided to scream the house down when he was napping so his sleep has gone all over the place fell asleep last night at 8:30 til 2 then up at 4 and again 6. Asleep at 8 tonight without his usual full feed so expect him up soon. Hopefully will all settle down again very soon!

he's a big lad baby pebble! bet he's well on in the clothes sizes!! my lady was just over 15 lbs at last check and I had a 6-9 month outfit on her yesterday and there wasn't a whole lot of room left in it!!
    must book our 4 month injections, she will prob scream the place down, I had to go to the nurse for my own bloods last week and the look the child gave her, you'd swear she remembered who gave the last injections!!!
    oh she hasn't screamed for the last 2 nights and her daddy put her to bed, fingers crossed we might be getting somewhere!!

the past week has been hell for us, the little bit of routine my little guy had is gone out the window! waking every 3 hours screaming with pain in his tummy and it is all hard and bloated! I feed him around 9 and wind him loads and he goes to sleep with a soft belly but wakes 3 hours later in agony :( dunno where to go from here!

the past week has been hell for us, the little bit of routine my little guy had is gone out the window! waking every 3 hours screaming with pain in his tummy and it is all hard and bloated! I feed him around 9 and wind him loads and he goes to sleep with a soft belly but wakes 3 hours later in agony :( dunno where to go from here!

I'm sorry I haven't a clue what that might be. Maybe bring him to the GP in the morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

GP to be sure and if it's just wind, some gripe water works wonders for wind/ bloat :)

update on my little lad!
    Changed his milk to HIPP organic for hungry baby and is like a different baby sleeps 9pm - 5am and down again til 7ish past few nights so hopefully this will keep up. On the same day as his milk change i removed his amber bracelet so not sure if that had contributed!

I also changed his routine a bit where I started feeding him half an hour earlier every night keeping him up to get as much wind from him as I could so he has stopped the falling asleep on the bottle.

Getting him to settle and fall asleep in the cot has been a huge issue he would cry and cry and only fall asleep in my arms then.
    By chance few nights ago I placed him on my bed (don't worry it was safe) and turned ran to the kitchen which is 5 steps away and when I came back he had conked! So every night now I put him on the bed, stay in the room and he falls asleep with his blanky within 5mins I then transfer him into his cot and he doesn't even realise.

It amazes me the changes in him!

update on my little lad!
    Changed his milk to HIPP organic for hungry baby and is like a different baby sleeps 9pm - 5am and down again til 7ish past few nights so hopefully this will keep up. On the same day as his milk change i removed his amber bracelet so not sure if that had contributed!

I also changed his routine a bit where I started feeding him half an hour earlier every night keeping him up to get as much wind from him as I could so he has stopped the falling asleep on the bottle.

Getting him to settle and fall asleep in the cot has been a huge issue he would cry and cry and only fall asleep in my arms then.
    By chance few nights ago I placed him on my bed (don't worry it was safe) and turned ran to the kitchen which is 5 steps away and when I came back he had conked! So every night now I put him on the bed, stay in the room and he falls asleep with his blanky within 5mins I then transfer him into his cot and he doesn't even realise.

Delighted to hear things are going better for you baby pebble x

• Advertisement

Getting him to settle and fall asleep in the cot has been a huge issue he would cry and cry and only fall asleep in my arms then. By chance few nights ago I placed him on my bed (don't worry it was safe) and turned ran to the kitchen which is 5 steps away and when I came back he had conked! So every night now I put him on the bed, stay in the room and he falls asleep with his blanky within 5mins I then transfer him into his cot and he doesn't even realise.

update on my little lad! Changed his milk to HIPP organic for hungry baby and is like a different baby sleeps 9pm - 5am and down again til 7ish past few nights so hopefully this will keep up. On the same day as his milk change i removed his amber bracelet so not sure if that had contributed!

Getting him to settle and fall asleep in the cot has been a huge issue he would cry and cry and only fall asleep in my arms then. By chance few nights ago I placed him on my bed (don't worry it was safe) and turned ran to the kitchen which is 5 steps away and when I came back he had conked! So every night now I put him on the bed, stay in the room and he falls asleep with his blanky within 5mins I then transfer him into his cot and he doesn't even realise.

oops thought I had replied! was delighted to hear things are getting better! and don't worry we all find our own way for settling babies! its whatever works for you!

my wee one is teething and is so unsettled with it, had to give her calpol and nurofen last night before she would settle! but shes still very unsettled throughout the night and bangs her feet down constantly throughout the night. her dad doesn't hear it but I do!!
    Any advice on how to stop her banging her feet???( apart from strapping her feet to the cot!)

Advertisement